IGNORED

Official 2010 Masters Thread

Alex B
Note: This thread is 5099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His language is not the problem of Mr. Tiger Woods now. I haven't seen a slow motion capture of his swing, but something is definitely up. I noticed that his head still drops a whole lot when swinging. All his stray tee shots and approach shots is probably why he had a rough day at the greens too. Of course, being 40 feet from the flag makes it harder, but he didn't putt that well really.

It'll be interesting to see how Westwood holds up under pressure. He's got a powerful swing, but relies a lot on the timing of his hands, which could be a potetial problem if he doesn't manage to keep it together.

YES TO CIL

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If we want to get down to technicalities, this weeks tournament is just that, this weeks tournament, and there's a tournament the week after, and the week after that. You can't really argue that just because its the masters that there is a "mixed" crowd as there are still men women and children who optionally (or have a stubborn grandpa who won't change the channel) watch any other tournaments, whether its a major or the other 30 tournaments. I understand there's a ton of hoohaa about augusta and tradition this tradition that and about how its probably the 8th deadly sin to breach etiquette there. Do I necessarily like swearing from someone who is paid to play golf for a living cuz his bad shot is still better than 90% of our good shots? No, but it happens, whether its Tiger, Ernie, Phil, Daly or any of the other 200+ tour players. I'd also jokingly say that "I am such an idiot" from Phil probably wasn't what was going through his mind, but yeah he has a better filter between brain and mouth :P It probably would've been like "**** I am such a mother ******* idiot!, what the **** was I ****** thinking! :P Oh well I'm rambling, I guess if someone never had a bad enough round or hit such a horrid shot that it caused an expletive to slip, more power to them, but I guess I feel the idea of wanting it to not happen on a televised tournament is maybe as stupid as requiring networks to call spectators "patrons" for 1 tournament a year :P after all we're all human lol

I have a feeling that even if the guy screamed fudge, he'd still get hate mail because he's "encouraging children to still basically swear without actually swearing", like crud, fudge, butch, heck, darn, dang, frick, freakin-a, butthole...etc

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54° 58°
:nike: Method 001 33"

He should be removed from the tour for this. What a despicable thing to say.

So much for him changing his outbirsts..

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

and uh Tiger didn't say "suck" he dropped an F bomb on the 6th tee shot followed by GD, and it is a terrible thing when women and children are watching and listening on TV, I've lost any respect I had left for Tiger after watching that and said to myself he really has no class, sure he's got talent, but needs to mix that with some serious etiquette!

how old are you? women and children? i know women who curse worse than that. and i'm sure kids hear their parents curse. honestly, who gives a damn? the only reason why ''curse words'' are considered ''vulgar'' is because of people like you.

He should be removed from the tour for this. What a despicable thing to say.

really? i've never understood mentalities such as yours. tell me, how does it in any way impact your life to hear someone curse? does it denigrate you as an individual when you hear four letter words? does is defile your character? no, of course it doesn't. it has no bearing on anything. i can't stand people like you who try to censor what people can and can't say. if you can't deal with it, go join a monastery where they've taken a vow of silence so nothing can taint your pristine ears.

What are the chances either of the top two won't win?

Both have played well, avoiding too much damage. Phil has definitely found his groove and is full of confidence. Lee has been in the situation before, wasted many opportinuties. For the followers to win, I think the two in front have to play poorly, at least blow up a couple of holes. Gaining 4 shots on sunday at Augusta is hard, it is easier to avoid bogeys, take a couple of birdies and hope the leaders falter.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

at the minute it seems as though its only those at -8 and above who are in with a chance of winning but personally i can see westwood and phil dropping back early on which would bring a lot more guys back into it and make it really exciting, if a guy at -5, -6, -7 goes out and shoots something in the mid 60's i believe they will have a great chance of winning

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I rewatched, and I did not hear an f-bomb on an earlier hole.

Some people just seek out any reason to gripe. They are the self declared arbiters of everyone else's morals, so they manage to read what may not really be there just so they can preach to their "flock". It's best to just ignore them. You'll never win a debate with them because they are always right, no matter how wrong they are.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

how old are you? women and children? i know women who curse worse than that. and i'm sure kids hear their parents curse. honestly, who gives a damn? the only reason why ''curse words'' are considered ''vulgar'' is

Too bad there are not more people like him. Sad to think there are so many in our society today that think like you.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Tigers gonna shoot 66 today, and phil is gonna crack, i hope he doesnt but i feel like he will and lee westwood will be battling behind tiger the whole time, but will crack, tiger takes it

My bag:
Driver: 909D2
3-Wood: 909F2
Iron: AP2 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52, 56, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6 35"

This is about as clear as it gets. I found it pretty funny.

"I don't think he's pleased"... well-put, announcer.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator
I think the winner gets to -14, perhaps -15 depending on how much pressure the final two put on each other or if one bombs out early. That's a 65 from Tiger or KJ, and I don't think either of them pull it off.

It's more likely that Phil or Westwood shoot 71 and win by a shot or two.

Here's the URL to the Cover-It-Live chat. If you want to be an approved commenter, send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an invitation. Do so as soon as possible so that I can fill the limited slots, and do so if you're going to use the tool to chat. I don't care if you post two comments a minute, but if you're going to have a laptop nearby as you watch, it should be fun to watch it "together."

http://thesandtrap.com/pga/2010_mast...ound_live_chat

Again, send a PM with your email address if you want an invitation to chat. Anyone else is invited to stop in, but their comments only get published when I get around to clicking a "publish" button I think...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Some people just seek out any reason to gripe. They are the self declared arbiters of everyone else's morals, so they manage to read what may not really be there just so they can preach to their "flock". It's best to just ignore them. You'll never win a debate with them because they are always right, no matter how wrong they are.

Well said. Regarding those who are on their morality crusade to eliminate any bad (to them) language or showing of skin (e.g. "nipplegate"), I suggest you lobby the FCC to have all televisions equipped with a device which the user can control to prevent such egregious material from being broadcast into your precious little home. Oh wait, they already have such a device - it's called a "off switch".

While I personally would like it if Tiger would control his outbursts more, it isn't the swearing that bothers me but just the lack of control. I don't recall ever watching Jack or Arnie or Lee or Tom or Seve or (fill in name of great player here) lacking such discipline. But then I guess the last few months of Tiger's life have revealed a general lack of discipline, haven't they?

As a side note/question, I'm curious what you all think. Regardless of what happens tomorrow, do you all think that this tournament can be chalked up as a success for Tiger? While I realize he always shows up to win, coming out and playing like he has, after not playing competitively for almost four months, is pretty amazing if you ask me. There were a large number of people predicting that he'd miss the cut or finish outside the top 10. So what do you think?

To me, a top 5 would be a huge win for Tiger. But to Tiger....that's simply not good enough. He needs to win and has a good shot at it.

I'm predicting some early surges from KJ and Freddy to definitely put them in contention. I'd like to see either of these guys win. To be honest I'm getting tired of Tiger bravado..I'm sure he'll be up there too but no win today for him. I see Westwood and Mickelson coming short. It's going to be a great race for sure, but I see KJ Choi taking this one today. He's been close on numerous occasions..he's due.

Note: This thread is 5099 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!