IGNORED

What tee box do you play from?

Philip9210
Note: This thread is 5009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If I'm playing a new course, I play off the back tees.

I'm playing to play, I want to play the full course.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play from Whites on my home course, around 6150yds, blues are ~6600. I have enough length to play the Blues, but don't see the logic in moving back when I'm a 13hcp scoring in the mid 80s. When/If I start shooting consistently in the 70s, I'll move back.

Post of the year. For a while, I didn't play the blues until I shot 80 on a course, I didn't feel I had

earned it yet. Once I started consistently hitting my 3 wood 230-250 and my driver 255-265 ( in the fairway ) I started playing whatever tee box was around 6400-6700. I sometimes play further back if I know the course well and have scored well there, or if the course is a wide open layout, or easy-conversely, on a new, difficult course I might stop at 6300 my first time out. I don't understand golfers who don't break 90 (or sometimes 100) playing the tips, or even the blues, because they shouldn't be. Inevitably they have been the slowest golfers that I've been paired with. Despite what they think-you will improve playing from the white tees, or even the tee box in front of that. The male ego is a powerful thing.

I think Im going to do the same as you say, when I break 80 Ill take the next round from the tips until then whats the point? I still think I would shoot only 5 higher from the next tee's but its a principle issue.

SO until I break 80 its one in from the tips. be it white gold blue ....

Cause its not fun playing a 7000+ yard course shooting 150

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I most always play the blue but will sometimes play the black depending on where it is and who I am playing with.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

I usually play the white men's tees instinctively, but I've never really thought about it... Maybe it's time to start playing the tips...Any advice?

Most courses I play the tips, but those over 7000 yards are a bit hard to swallow....I prefer between 6500 and 7000 yards....

+1---my feeling exactly and my distances.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

I usually play the white men's tees instinctively, but I've never really thought about it... Maybe it's time to start playing the tips...Any advice?

Your a 7.3, you can play from anywhere.

Tour Burner 9.5 Aldila NV65R
MP-57 3-PW R300
588 SW 54
588 LW 60

Note: This thread is 5009 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!