Sign in to follow this  
jhawker23

Too Good...

Note: This thread is 3448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

18 posts / 1681 viewsLast Reply

My friend wants a new set of A2s and he found this on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

We both think this is too good to be true... Is he protected through PayPal? Suggestions/Thoughts?

The link should give all the information needed... but here's a rundown...

New 2010 TITLEIST D3 FULL SET - Driver, f3 metal AP2 Irons
Custom Order! shafts,flex, Soctty Cameron putter. $1,150.

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

ummm...information, such as, how much they are going for? and who is selling them? would be beneficial here if you want to get opinions.

With that said, Ebay is generally a good place to buy just about anything relatively safely. When I buy I look for at least 99% feedback rating, a seller who has sold a lot of stuff in the past, a seller who has sold clubs before, and does the seller have a return policy.

With no prior history on ebay I would be wary, but would just wait and see. If a couple other people buy from him and give him positive feedback, I would look into it. He claims to have a 14 day return timeframe, is located in the US, accepts paypal, and is still selling the set for over $1,000. Most scams try to sell a set like this for $5-600, do not take paypal, mis spell a lot of stuff, and are located in china.

You'd get clubs. In most cases they look amazingly real, but aren't. They can even work pretty good. If they didn't send anything at all, Ebay would cover you.

Edit: The question is, do you(or your friend) want Titleist clubs, or do you want people to think you have Titleist clubs?

Well, the guy has like 25 items for sale and NO feedback?? Also, see no mention of the SC putter other than the head cover in the pic. I'd send a inquiry in to ebay as a concern and see what they have to say! I would definitely NOT send a seller a $1000 who has NO feedback!!!!!!

I say this is an easy one. . . . SCAM!!! RUN!!!!

You'd get clubs. In most cases they look amazingly real, but aren't. They can even work pretty good. If they didn't send anything at all, Ebay would cover you.

Dont count on ebay refunding your money. I got ripped off several years ago buying a part for a friend, though that was before everyone had paypal. It was just $10 but it really pissed me off. With zero feedback, id steer clear of this person, feedback is important on ebay because its really the only way you know a seller is reputable.

Several months ago we had a stickie that said something like "please don't ask about whether xx or yy is a scam - just use common sense." Please, let's not give reasons to re-instate that stickie notice.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This guy has 31 things for sale and NOT A SINGLE one has a bid, definitely a scam. If I was close to bidding on any item, I'd email ebay and let them check him out first!!

Well, the guy has like 25 items for sale and NO feedback?? Also, see no mention of the SC putter other than the head cover in the pic. I'd send a inquiry in to ebay as a concern and see what they have to say! I would definitely NOT send a seller a $1000 who has NO feedback!!!!!!

Maybe but everyone has to start somewhere with feedback

This is typically accomplished by purchases or by giving a good deal, complete with actual photos. Many of the eBay stores started as garage/clearance sales and later, once they gained the reputation, moved up to selling their standard wares too.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

True, just a lil "out of the morn" for a guy to "start" with 31 items and yet nothing has a single bid!

Note: This thread is 3448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!