IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Some notes from hitting the ball decently well this past weekend in Virginia. 

Backswing
1. Start swing with right hip back. 
2. Add a small bit hinge and height with arms.

Downswing
1. Turn and get right side through.
2. Straighten left leg sooner, get a bit more extension. 
3. Try to hit the ball left.

Overall things turned out well. If I didn't do the downswing well enough I would hit slight pushes right and fat some of my irons. When I did the downswing stuff better, the ball flight is pretty neutral, maybe slight pulls from time to time. 

• Like 3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...

Since I can't post more than once in the 2021 goals thread. I wanted to add a new goal here. 

Have a more positive opinion of my golf game. I want to just have a more positive narrative about myself and my golf game in 2021. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Since I can't post more than once in the 2021 goals thread. I wanted to add a new goal here. 

Have a more positive opinion of my golf game. I want to just have a more positive narrative about myself and my golf game in 2021. 

Good.

If you give me the post ID #, I can add it to your post.

It’s the number at the end when you click “share”:

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/34167-my-swing-saevel25/?do=findComment&comment=1517867

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

56 minutes ago, iacas said:

Good.

If you give me the post ID #, I can add it to your post.

It’s the number at the end when you click “share”:

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/34167-my-swing-saevel25/?do=findComment&comment=1517867

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Should be done.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 1 month later...

Some non slow mo video

overall, I like the swings. Much better. I also like the rhythm the shifting left at A1 gives the swing. It just looks like the swing flows better. 

• Like 3

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• 1 month later...

Went up to Erie on Sunday. 

Primary - Continue to work on back left hand away from body in the backswing. Club more vertical at A3
Secondary - Into impact, left knee bumps left a bit, left hip goes back and left leg straightens sooner. 

I got fitted for an entire set of PXG clubs. I only bought the driver 😉

Irons - 0211-ST, C-TAPER 130g X-Stiff soft stepped once
3-Wood - 0341-Prototype, Tensei CK Blue 80TX
0811-Prototype, Tensei CK Blue 70TX

My current irons are Srixon with C-TAPER 130g X-Stiff (no step). They were really close. I would probably gained like 3 yards with my irons on optimal strikes. Since they were close enough I am sticking with the irons for another season. 

The 3-wood was way too expensive with the custom shaft for me. I think I can find a golf shaft for my current 3-wood to make it work better. I do like my current 3-wood alot. 

The driver was the biggest issue. I didn't realize how much I was spraying the ball due to the golf shaft flexing inconsistently. With more speed comes greater dispersion. I felt like this was a good deal for me. The driver came out 8 months ago. It was like $150 off. The custom golf shaft was $150. So, I got something fitted really good for the cost of the newest driver with a stock shaft. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Secondary - Into impact, left knee bumps left a bit, left hip goes back and left leg straightens sooner. 

Left knee extends faster, later. Not sooner. Early flexing is why it has to re-flex or sag or bounce.

• 4 weeks later...

Played 9 holes, first time swinging a club in 6 weeks. Good thing is my right side felt normal. Overall, happy with how things went. As I slowly got my golf muscles stretched out, the swing was pretty good. I want 1 over on the last 6 holes. 

Swing feels..

1. Slight sway back in the backswing
2. Top of left hand facing out at A3
3. Tried to feel a bit more of the left leg stuff, but wasn't overly focusing on it. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

On the course update...

driver- big low heel blocks right or decent shots down the middle. Swing fees tilty back too much.

irons- not to solid. Feels a bit tilty back like the driver.

pitching good. Putting good. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Struggling with getting my weight forward. Drivers a big push slices or very good. Irons are mix of fat, thin, or very good.

sometimes it feels like I can’t turn through.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

More flow needed?

You need to use more video.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

More flow needed?

You need to use more video.

I think so. Might be too much right and not enough left. 

I will get more video when I get back home from vacation. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I will get more video when I get back home from vacation. 

It's possible to video golf swings on a range or, even, on the course! 🙂

(edited)

Driver

6 iron

Edited by iacas
please embed videos

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

1 minute ago, coachjimsc said:

Talamore #17 & 18?

Yep

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag