IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Yea something I forgot to mention. I am pulling my putts now!! :~(

Need to work that out. Distance control is getting better, but just pulling them offline. Actually I think I am pulling only the right to left putts. Wonder if I think I have to pull them online, maybe it's an old habit. Need to practice hitting putts down the string line again.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

ARGH!!!

That pretty much explains it when it comes to my game on the course. Flashes of good stuff, but just way too inconsistent to score well at all.

Today was a +16 87.

Putts: 33, that's better than my average last year. So things are getting better. Should have been 30, 3 three putts on the front was just bad. Well one of them was from 70 feet, don't practice those much.

Besides that it was off the tee that killed me. I had 3 penalty strokes today. Luckily we read the card and it said anything besides marked in white stakes is considered a lateral hazard. So I had three tee shots that cost me a stroke.

Driver: Push slice, Push cut, Push hook, Push, Push, Draw (YAY!!!), Push Cut, Draw, Push, Snap Hook, Thin. When I mean push I mean 20-30 yard right blocked shots.

I just think I get my driver way too inside right now. Just killing me off the tee.

Short game was hit or miss. I had some good shots in the front nine, and the back nine sometimes I forgot how to do anything.

Back to range I go!!

On a side note, I had a great time playing a round of golf with @CarlSpackler. I wish we both could have played better. Cassel Hills is a GREAT golf course, especially for the price. Just a fun layout, and challenging. 1

Just saw this post. It was a good time and I'm sure we'll both be tearing it up soon enough. It is a great course. Not sure when they changed the ruling on the natural areas that are everywhere on the back nine. I still think #10 is built on a Indian burial ground. Stupid hole! ;-)

- Shane

Yep played horrible today, but had a great time hacking it around with @iacas and at @georgep .

Driver killed me a bit today. LOTS of penalty strokes, 4 of them on the front nine.

Got a tip from Erik on getting the feeling of my hands over my feet more at when my arms are parallel with the ground. It worked well on the range, didn't take it to the course too well. Overall the balance and contact is better, just need to get keys 4 and 5 much better. So same thing, need to get that backswing piece better and get my swing shorter.

Though the highlight of the day was actually using the ball flight laws and hitting a perfect cut around the corner on a dogleg right. That was pretty awesome!!! :dance:

As for the driver, I need to tee it a bit higher, and tilt my upper body more to the right. I was hitting it a tad too low. Just a slight adjustment.

Now, back to the range!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

That drive on 18 was monstrous, and the perfect flight.  Though the driver bit you a few times today, you had a great one to end on. At least you didn't use six total strokes to get on the putting surface from inside 60 yards on back-to-back holes!  I wonder who would do such a thing? .

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Yep played horrible today, but had a great time hacking it around with @iacas and at @georgep.

Driver killed me a bit today. LOTS of penalty strokes, 4 of them on the front nine.

Got a tip from Erik on getting the feeling of my hands over my feet more at when my arms are parallel with the ground. It worked well on the range, didn't take it to the course too well. Overall the balance and contact is better, just need to get keys 4 and 5 much better. So same thing, need to get that backswing piece better and get my swing shorter.

Though the highlight of the day was actually using the ball flight laws and hitting a perfect cut around the corner on a dogleg right. That was pretty awesome!!!

As for the driver, I need to tee it a bit higher, and tilt my upper body more to the right. I was hitting it a tad too low. Just a slight adjustment.

Now, back to the range!!!

Did you guys play Whispering Woods??  If so, spill the beans on how you each played #16???

Did you guys play Whispering Woods??  If so, spill the beans on how you each played #16???

No Erik came on south to Columbus. We played Kinsale CC. Very nice course.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Played 18 with my dad today. Shot another BAD round!!!

Driver: HUGE Block cuts. I had maybe 3 drives that were good.

Irons: Contact was terrible. Lots of very thin shots, hooking the long irons, just not good. Had no feel for any sort of contact at all.

Pitching: Horrible at the start. Chunking and thinning pitch shots.

Putting: was ok, not draining everything, but no three putts. So, just decent.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I feel you brother. I've been in and out of golfing hell non-stop since the start of the season. One day I'm hitting high, soaring irons and the next day I'm hitting worm burners. Feels like the exact same swing. :doh: Then the confidence starts slipping and then all bets are off. Sigh. It's really no surprise that the guys who invented Golf also invented Whisky.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

When things are going poorly, make the largest, fastest swings you can make that are successful, and work up from there.

If that's a half swing at 60% speed, so be it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When things are going poorly, make the largest, fastest swings you can make that are successful, and work up from there.

Will do!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I find this to be a good warm up routine before a round too.

- Shane

Question, What if when I try to take a slower swing that my arms get really fast and flippy in the downswing. Sometimes I can take a smooth 60% swing. Other times, I take what feels exactly the same motion to the top, then my arms just get very fast down I flip the hell out of the club.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
Question, What if when I try to take a slower swing that my arms get really fast and flippy in the downswing. Sometimes I can take a smooth 60% swing. Other times, I take what feels exactly the same motion to the top, then my arms just get very fast down I flip the hell out of the club.

I have two answers…

1. "'Fast and flippy' doesn't sound like 60%."

2. "Don't do that."

Just make the proper motions at the longest and fastest speeds you can make to do them correctly. If that ends up sending the ball 50 yards instead of 170, so be it. I don't understand "what if when I try to do this… I don't do it at all and do something totally different." It sounds to me like you're still trying to hit the ball hard, and not working on doing the pieces properly at the speed they require. Why else would your arms suddenly be speeding up?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have two answers…

1. "'Fast and flippy' doesn't sound like 60%."

2. "Don't do that."

Just make the proper motions at the longest and fastest speeds you can make to do them correctly. If that ends up sending the ball 50 yards instead of 170, so be it. I don't understand "what if when I try to do this… I don't do it at all and do something totally different." It sounds to me like you're still trying to hit the ball hard, and not working on doing the pieces properly at the speed they require. Why else would your arms suddenly be speeding up?

When I try to slow down the whole swing. I'll take a nice slow backswing, but the transition down is a very fast move. Its like my hands wont register SLOW sometimes!!! Then sometimes it does. The backswing can be the same slow pace, and sometimes the transition is slow, sometimes its very fast. Guess I just need to go slower.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

When I try to slow down the whole swing. I'll take a nice slow backswing, but the transition down is a very fast move. Its like my hands wont register SLOW sometimes!!! Then sometimes it does. The backswing can be the same slow pace, and sometimes the transition is slow, sometimes its very fast. Guess I just need to go slower.

Then stop being a moron (said with love)!!!!!

Just be content to make the right motion and send the ball short distances. You'll be surprised at how far they go, but that shouldn't be the goal.

Just be content to make the right motion and send the ball short distances. You'll be surprised at how far they go, but that shouldn't be the goal.

Sounds good!! :smartass:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

So before my round today I went to the range and just focused on hitting 60%. I found a relaxed tempo that served me well today. Everything felt effortless. For me the sensation is like just letting the arms fall in the backswing. Not forcing them down like I am use to doing, but feeling like letting gravity do the work.

Though it didn't show up in the score. My irons kept over drawing. I think I am not opening up the face enough at address. I was standing over my last approach shot and when I set the club down the face just seemed closed to me. I should have adjusted for this by opening my stance more and opening the face. I didn't make the adjustment needed to temper that draw. Driving the ball was great. The course is a tight one, so I did find trouble in a few spots, but overall I was able to hit draws and fades.

Pitching was a mix bag, good early on, then got worse later. I just keep forgetting to use speed on my pitches. I will take a backswing then ease up on the downswing. Putting was so-so, the greens were something like Stimp 7-8. They got a ton of rain the day before and couldn't mow them. Just horribly slow.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag