IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

38 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

OT - How do you like that Shelta hat? I have a Tilley, but it’s nylon and does not manage sweat very well.

I like it a lot. Its very lightweight, and keeps the sun off my ears and neck. With my thinning hair, it keeps my head from being burned. I got one that has a narrow brim, and one with a wide brim. They are good quality hats. They have a large enough size to fit my head. I struggle to find hats that fit well. Most are not deep enough. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Paste a link to it?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

Paste a link to it?

2021_condor_main_medium.jpg?v=1614795007

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

Oh they’re pricy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

(edited)

^Just trying to fling the club up my turn and have it slow down at A3. A bit of lifting up with the hands. 

^Trying to keep the swing wide and stop it near A3. Just wanted to see what the swing looked like if I just tried to keep a lot of width. It was just an overall simple feel. 

^This is just video of me trying out the downswing piece. This is the best of the bunch. The feel here is the squat move pulls the hands down in transition, then just turn and extend left leg. The ball got crushed. This timing is hit or miss, but I haven't worked much on it, so understandable.

Just curious if the club staying closed from A1.5 to like A2.5 is an issue? 

Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 6.03.48 PM.png

Edited by saevel25

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Not slow mo video of some drills. 

1) Just feeling all turn
2) As little lift with the hands as possible. 
3) Arms stop with the turn, since the turn is so slow it shouldn't carry on. 
4) Went back to a small slide and turn from A1 to A2, and feeling more of stretch in the right side as I make a full turn. 

the last swing was closer to full speed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Got to the driving range before the rain hit...

Backswing work
1) Mostly all turn feel, turn carries hands up
2) Hands feel a bit higher and wider at A3
3) back of palm out

Trying to figure out the feel of making the turn carry the arms up, and getting the hands in a better spot. Tough to think of trying to feel the hands in a certain spot when I am trying to not feel the arms do much at all. 

Just some swings trying to hit decent shots while keeping the feels from above. Backswings were a bit slower so I can feel what I am doing. 

This was adding in a bit of the lower body downswing piece. 

When trying to make slower backswings and a good downswing turn the results are a mix of..

1) Thin shots (some functional, others are not). I got lots of flip and high closure rates going on right now. Club face goes from square-isn to 90 degrees closed before the club gets parallel to the ground after impact. 
2) Pull draws (Not many)
3) Good shots, neutral ball flight
4) Push cuts 

I hit some driver shots. I will just say, keeping the driver swing shorter is a struggle. When I do keep it shorter, I have no feeling of the club at all, and contact is all over the place. If I stop the backswing short enough, then it feels like I got no feeling of the club at all. In my head, I think of it as feeling leverage. 

In general, I don't feel the clubface in the backswing. I feel my hands, arms, and elbow positions more. If I take the club and feel the normal position across the line, and I take the club and lay it off. I feel the arm position. I don't really feel the weight of the club as being any different, or position of the club. 

Like in the downswing, I don't feel the club at all until I feel it flip at impact. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Just wanted to say how impressed I am at the improvements you've made on the length of the BS and the hands. 

Colin P.

8 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Just wanted to say how impressed I am at the improvements you've made on the length of the BS and the hands. 

Thanks, it’s definitely better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

18 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Thanks, it’s definitely better. 

I've been fighting a similar thing, I've been trying to feel my hands and arms more in front of my chest, rather than behind my right ear. 

Colin P.

I was doing some of the COVID-19 stuff were I get some flow going in the swing. Less arms swing from a static position. I always find this sort of thing looks better on video than when I go from a normal position. I was checking to see what the feel in my hands and arms were at the top of the swing when I do this. 

1) I felt a bit of elbow separation from A2.5 to A3.5 (top of the swing for me). 

2) When I stopped the swing, I felt a bit more weight of the club in my right hand. The weight was pressing my wrist down more. My left hand tends to be flatter here, and less cupped. Mostly because the swing stops here, and doesn't continue on. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Went to a driving range I knew had a covered hitting spot. Lots of rain today. 

Just a base 6 iron (be soothed by the sound of trickling water)

1) Fling the club up
2) Feel the elbows expand a bit
3) Feel right palm facing out (back of left hand facing out) a bit. 

So, I don't know why, but I tried to stand a bit more upright. Maybe I just thought I was a tad to bent over at the knees and waist. To me, this feels like I am standing almost straight up, and my arms are like pointing down at my feet. Like, its absurd to me that I look like I am in an athletic position here compared to the feel. Somehow helped me keep the swing shorter!!! Like, I always try to keep it short, but still, good job here!! Basically, it was just feel like I maintain that posture. Then just make a shoulder turn where my left arm goes up and the hands and hands go up a bit. Basically, trying to get the right elbow off the chest a bit.  The backswing was like 70% swing speed. 

Just to test things out, lets ramp it up to 95% backswing speed! So very little time to feel the backswing length, but also it happened to speed up my downswing transition. Still, somehow again this stayed shorter!!! This was me just feeling like I fling the arms with the turn, but also feeling a bit more like the left arm goes up, and the hands go up. I admit again, I sometimes HATE GOLF!! 

Got to try this out with the driver. Maybe a tad to close here. Still trying to fling the arms back with the turn, left arm up, hands up more. Its been WAY longer than that before with me trying harder to keep it shorter. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Some non-slow video of me practicing.
1) Feel like the turn takes the club up
2) Back of palm facing out, hands go up more
3) Keep it shorter

6 iron slow video

Driver non-slow mo practice
1) Trying to feel the swing shorter
2) Trying to feel the swing not carry on

Driver Slow video 
1) I was trying to feel the swing slow down at the top and feel like my hands are more at head height and not above my shoulders. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

So.. Lets just check what happens when I just fling the club up using my turn. To get the feel, I decided to use some forward momentum to get the club going. The swing feels like it stop when I feel my right wrist bent back from the momentum of the club. 

This is trying to fling the club up with out the forward momentum.

Like this position for ever please!!!

Screen Shot 2021-07-14 at 8.15.40 PM.png

So yea, more fling the club up. Like with crazy amount of aggression, fling it up with turning only. Easy 🙂

• Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Some non-slow video of me practicing.
1) Feel like the turn takes the club up
2) Back of palm facing out, hands go up more
3) Keep it shorter

6 iron slow video

Driver non-slow mo practice
1) Trying to feel the swing shorter
2) Trying to feel the swing not carry on

Driver Slow video 
1) I was trying to feel the swing slow down at the top and feel like my hands are more at head height and not above my shoulders. 

Your hands are a lot closer than mine with driver at setup.  May try that myself to see how it goes.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I could have them a bit further out, like a bandwidth and still maintain that posture. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

So.. Lets just check what happens when I just fling the club up using my turn. To get the feel, I decided to use some forward momentum to get the club going. The swing feels like it stop when I feel my right wrist bent back from the momentum of the club. 

I like that. Sometimes when I do it I cue that I'm trying to flex the shaft in my backswing direction.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Could you explain why you're working on getting super high at A4? I find it really hard to get in the slot from up there, so just wondering what you're trying to fix working on that.

Also, as for old man performance wide brims, I splurged for this one recently and I love it! Tilley LTM2 Airflo.

LTM2_RockFace_b_10103503-5ed6-4268-a1a3-

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚