IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

• Administrator
19 minutes ago, GolfLug said:

Nice still (last pic). Erik's going to sue you for copyright. Lol.

It's our shirt.

Go buy your own at golfishard.com.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's our shirt.

Oh, I jokingly meant the Count Drac A4.. but more importantly why do I not know about this website?? Ima check it out today.thx.

Vishal S.

4 hours ago, mdl said:

Could you explain why you're working on getting super high at A4? I find it really hard to get in the slot from up there, so just wondering what you're trying to fix working on that.

It's not a goal to get super high at A4. The goal is to keep control of the right elbow such that it doesn't let the club carry on. In that image, it just happened to be higher. I really wasn't forcing the hands to go that high. Honestly, they didn't feel that high. 

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'm probably going to go buy a few more soon. They are comfy. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

...The goal is to keep control of the right elbow such that it doesn't let the club carry on...

Could you explain what this means? I can't say I've ever heard anything referenced as the rear elbow letting the club carry on! 😬

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

12 minutes ago, mdl said:

Could you explain what this means? I can't say I've ever heard anything referenced as the rear elbow letting the club carry on! 😬

Shoulder turn has stopped at the top image. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.02 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.05 PM.png

Ideally, I would like if it stopped here. Some carry on (club momentum is fine)

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.11 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.15 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.22 PM.png 

Right elbow has continued to move back a bit, and right shoulder has retracted a bit. Hands have went around me a bit. You can see how my shirt has stretched a bit near the front of the right shoulder compared to where I want it to stop. The forearm and hands are more in front of my right elbow where I want it to stop versus here where they are closer to being above my right shoulder (more behind me). 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.25 PM.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

7 hours ago, iacas said:

It's our shirt.

LOL! I was playing last year with our club pro and he tore up the front, going four under. He then proceeded to hit a ball OB on ten and went 6 over on the next four holes. We were walking down the next fairway after another dicey drive and and I heard him mumble to himself, "Golf is hard". 😎

Bill M

3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Shoulder turn has stopped at the top image. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.02 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.05 PM.png

Ideally, I would like if it stopped here. Some carry on (club momentum is fine)

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.11 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.15 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.22 PM.png 

Right elbow has continued to move back a bit, and right shoulder has retracted a bit. Hands have went around me a bit. You can see how my shirt has stretched a bit near the front of the right shoulder compared to where I want it to stop. The forearm and hands are more in front of my right elbow where I want it to stop versus here where they are closer to being above my right shoulder (more behind me). 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.25 PM.png

Wow thanks! Really appreciate the explanation. Makes sense. You're solidly better than I am but I'll proffer advice anyway :-D One thing I worked on a ton last year when I was taking video lessons during peak pandemic was this over turning and sort of right arm/shoulder collapse/retract.

I'd tried for years focusing on straight left arm or more extension or just stopping earlier with no success. My instructor recommended the floatie* drill and it worked wonders for me. The instant body feedback about whether you're collapsing your elbow past 90˚ was a game changer for me. In real swings I can keep it in the 80-90˚ window now and (usually) don't point left of the target at A4 anymore.

*I assume you've heard of this but if not you just take one of those 1980s style inflatable kids arm floaties and slide it up your forearm up to the crook of your elbow. Blow it up enough so that at 90˚ bend you can feel it and if you go past 90˚ you feel like you're trying to crush or pop the floatie.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

So after weeks of not hitting one hook. I get all the hooks tonight! apparently just flinging the club doesn’t work in practice.

At least on the last hole, a par three, I was able to not hit a hook. I basically felt right palm out facing out at A3 and I swung down and left. Hit a nice slight straight cut. Yay! 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
3 hours ago, mdl said:

*I assume you've heard of this but if not you just take one of those 1980s style inflatable kids arm floaties and slide it up your forearm up to the crook of your elbow. Blow it up enough so that at 90˚ bend you can feel it and if you go past 90˚ you feel like you're trying to crush or pop the floatie.

http://www.swingextender.com

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 hours ago, mdl said:

Wow thanks! Really appreciate the explanation. Makes sense. You're solidly better than I am but I'll proffer advice anyway :-D One thing I worked on a ton last year when I was taking video lessons during peak pandemic was this over turning and sort of right arm/shoulder collapse/retract.

I'd tried for years focusing on straight left arm or more extension or just stopping earlier with no success. My instructor recommended the floatie* drill and it worked wonders for me. The instant body feedback about whether you're collapsing your elbow past 90˚ was a game changer for me. In real swings I can keep it in the 80-90˚ window now and (usually) don't point left of the target at A4 anymore.

The only thing I’ve found that helps to keep the trail arm a little straighter, for me anyway, is the feeling of higher hands at the top. 

4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

The only thing I’ve found that helps to keep the trail arm a little straighter, for me anyway, is the feeling of higher hands at the top. 

Yea, I get that feeling as well. I might try to feel more in the right hand to see if that sticks better. The right hand position might be easier to feel for me. A feel for me was back of left hand facing out. Palm of right hand might work a bit better. Also, I can push the hand further away from me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Matt, it's much too late to be searching for shit right now.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

Matt, it's much too late to be searching for shit right now.

That is true

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Went up to Erie for a get out of my head tune up. Just spent time working on getting better contract and some pitching and chipping tuning. 

I worked on swinging out more while turning left more.

Mostly for me it was just bringing the hands and arms down in front of me when I make what feels like a much smaller turn in the backswing. The swing felt like I went to A2.5, or just shy of A3, and I send the hands down in front of me with my turn. The club feels like it gained lag in transition, not forcing this feel. Then I just be aggressive with the turn and try to swing out at the ball. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Went up to Erie for a get out of my head tune up. Just spent time working on getting better contract and some pitching and chipping tuning. 

Mostly for me it was just bringing the hands and arms down in front of me when I make what feels like a much smaller turn in the backswing. The swing felt like I went to A2.5, or just shy of A3, and I send the hands down in front of me with my turn. The club feels like it gained lag in transition, not forcing this feel. Then I just be aggressive with the turn and try to swing out at the ball. 

Yep. Keep it simple. Nothing new today, just enhancing the feel to keep the club from kicking out.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, saevel25 said:

Mostly for me it was just bringing the hands and arms down in front of me when I make what feels like a much smaller turn in the backswing... Then I just be aggressive with the turn and try to swing out at the ball. 

So like in the ballpark of pump drill/Justin Rose with a smaller (feeling only?) backwsing?

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Titleist 585h 19˚
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

3 hours ago, mdl said:

So like in the ballpark of pump drill/Justin Rose with a smaller (feeling only?) backwsing?

I have no idea what this is.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag