Jump to content
IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)


saevel25

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's our shirt.

Go buy your own at golfishard.com.

Oh, I jokingly meant the Count Drac A4.. but more importantly why do I not know about this website?? Ima check it out today.thx.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, mdl said:

Could you explain why you're working on getting super high at A4? I find it really hard to get in the slot from up there, so just wondering what you're trying to fix working on that.

It's not a goal to get super high at A4. The goal is to keep control of the right elbow such that it doesn't let the club carry on. In that image, it just happened to be higher. I really wasn't forcing the hands to go that high. Honestly, they didn't feel that high. 

39 minutes ago, iacas said:

Go buy your own at golfishard.com.

I'm probably going to go buy a few more soon. They are comfy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5 hours ago, saevel25 said:

...The goal is to keep control of the right elbow such that it doesn't let the club carry on...

Could you explain what this means? I can't say I've ever heard anything referenced as the rear elbow letting the club carry on! 😬

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, mdl said:

Could you explain what this means? I can't say I've ever heard anything referenced as the rear elbow letting the club carry on! 😬

Shoulder turn has stopped at the top image. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.02 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.05 PM.png

Ideally, I would like if it stopped here. Some carry on (club momentum is fine)

 Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.11 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.15 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.18 PM.png

 Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.22 PM.png 

Right elbow has continued to move back a bit, and right shoulder has retracted a bit. Hands have went around me a bit. You can see how my shirt has stretched a bit near the front of the right shoulder compared to where I want it to stop. The forearm and hands are more in front of my right elbow where I want it to stop versus here where they are closer to being above my right shoulder (more behind me). 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.25 PM.png

 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, iacas said:

It's our shirt.

Go buy your own at golfishard.com.

LOL! I was playing last year with our club pro and he tore up the front, going four under. He then proceeded to hit a ball OB on ten and went 6 over on the next four holes. We were walking down the next fairway after another dicey drive and and I heard him mumble to himself, "Golf is hard". 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Shoulder turn has stopped at the top image. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.02 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.05 PM.png

Ideally, I would like if it stopped here. Some carry on (club momentum is fine)

 Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.11 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.15 PM.png 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.18 PM.png

 Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.22 PM.png 

Right elbow has continued to move back a bit, and right shoulder has retracted a bit. Hands have went around me a bit. You can see how my shirt has stretched a bit near the front of the right shoulder compared to where I want it to stop. The forearm and hands are more in front of my right elbow where I want it to stop versus here where they are closer to being above my right shoulder (more behind me). 

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 1.32.25 PM.png

 

Wow thanks! Really appreciate the explanation. Makes sense. You're solidly better than I am but I'll proffer advice anyway :-D One thing I worked on a ton last year when I was taking video lessons during peak pandemic was this over turning and sort of right arm/shoulder collapse/retract.

I'd tried for years focusing on straight left arm or more extension or just stopping earlier with no success. My instructor recommended the floatie* drill and it worked wonders for me. The instant body feedback about whether you're collapsing your elbow past 90˚ was a game changer for me. In real swings I can keep it in the 80-90˚ window now and (usually) don't point left of the target at A4 anymore.

*I assume you've heard of this but if not you just take one of those 1980s style inflatable kids arm floaties and slide it up your forearm up to the crook of your elbow. Blow it up enough so that at 90˚ bend you can feel it and if you go past 90˚ you feel like you're trying to crush or pop the floatie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So after weeks of not hitting one hook. I get all the hooks tonight! apparently just flinging the club doesn’t work in practice.

At least on the last hole, a par three, I was able to not hit a hook. I basically felt right palm out facing out at A3 and I swung down and left. Hit a nice slight straight cut. Yay! 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
3 hours ago, mdl said:

*I assume you've heard of this but if not you just take one of those 1980s style inflatable kids arm floaties and slide it up your forearm up to the crook of your elbow. Blow it up enough so that at 90˚ bend you can feel it and if you go past 90˚ you feel like you're trying to crush or pop the floatie.

http://www.swingextender.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, mdl said:

Wow thanks! Really appreciate the explanation. Makes sense. You're solidly better than I am but I'll proffer advice anyway :-D One thing I worked on a ton last year when I was taking video lessons during peak pandemic was this over turning and sort of right arm/shoulder collapse/retract.

I'd tried for years focusing on straight left arm or more extension or just stopping earlier with no success. My instructor recommended the floatie* drill and it worked wonders for me. The instant body feedback about whether you're collapsing your elbow past 90˚ was a game changer for me. In real swings I can keep it in the 80-90˚ window now and (usually) don't point left of the target at A4 anymore.

*I assume you've heard of this but if not you just take one of those 1980s style inflatable kids arm floaties and slide it up your forearm up to the crook of your elbow. Blow it up enough so that at 90˚ bend you can feel it and if you go past 90˚ you feel like you're trying to crush or pop the floatie.

The only thing I’ve found that helps to keep the trail arm a little straighter, for me anyway, is the feeling of higher hands at the top. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, ncates00 said:

The only thing I’ve found that helps to keep the trail arm a little straighter, for me anyway, is the feeling of higher hands at the top. 

Yea, I get that feeling as well. I might try to feel more in the right hand to see if that sticks better. The right hand position might be easier to feel for me. A feel for me was back of left hand facing out. Palm of right hand might work a bit better. Also, I can push the hand further away from me. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went up to Erie for a get out of my head tune up. Just spent time working on getting better contract and some pitching and chipping tuning. 

I worked on swinging out more while turning left more.

Mostly for me it was just bringing the hands and arms down in front of me when I make what feels like a much smaller turn in the backswing. The swing felt like I went to A2.5, or just shy of A3, and I send the hands down in front of me with my turn. The club feels like it gained lag in transition, not forcing this feel. Then I just be aggressive with the turn and try to swing out at the ball. 

  • Thumbs Up 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Went up to Erie for a get out of my head tune up. Just spent time working on getting better contract and some pitching and chipping tuning. 

I worked on swinging out more while turning left more.

Mostly for me it was just bringing the hands and arms down in front of me when I make what feels like a much smaller turn in the backswing. The swing felt like I went to A2.5, or just shy of A3, and I send the hands down in front of me with my turn. The club feels like it gained lag in transition, not forcing this feel. Then I just be aggressive with the turn and try to swing out at the ball. 

Yep. Keep it simple. Nothing new today, just enhancing the feel to keep the club from kicking out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 7/16/2021 at 1:14 PM, saevel25 said:

I worked on swinging out more while turning left more.

Mostly for me it was just bringing the hands and arms down in front of me when I make what feels like a much smaller turn in the backswing... Then I just be aggressive with the turn and try to swing out at the ball. 

So like in the ballpark of pump drill/Justin Rose with a smaller (feeling only?) backwsing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Well, not quite. That ball was never holed...
    • Meh, the book was better. Seriously, hope no longer term problems for the guy in the video.
    • Yeah, I slowed it down. You could pad it. Maybe cut a pool noodle in half or something. Most of my posts have the video. I'm all about the video. 😀
    • Legitimately, I think 30 minutes a month at the range would be enough for this stuff. You go and you just focus on hitting shots where you're aligned to the target and the ball is curving the right way. It seems like you do enough practice and other work where this probably doesn't need much time.
    • I agree, the swing looked good at SV. I agree with the losing focus on some minor details we take for granted sometimes. There are times I will find a line, start thinking about something and forget were I wanted to aim. The number of times I find people aiming way left or right because the tee box points them there is mind boggling. Play a few rounds were you have a mental checklist, or try to commit to a pre-shot routine with focusing on alignment.  If you are just hitting shots at the range to hit good shots, I doubt there is a difference. If you are focusing on making swing changes (exaggeration), then there will be a difference. Still, there is no difference unless you have video evidence. Schrodinger's Golf Swing 😛 
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. bkuehn1952
      bkuehn1952
      (69 years old)
    2. Bryan Kasper
      Bryan Kasper
      (29 years old)
    3. Greg Pickett Golf
      Greg Pickett Golf
      (66 years old)
    4. hobecorning
      hobecorning
      (79 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...