IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

YAY for the swing thought, swing feeling 60%. My scores for my golf trip this weekend

42 + 43 = 85

42 + 39 = 81

40 + 41 = 81

42 + 35 = 77

38 + 40 = 78

Really consistent golf. My putting wasn't even that good. I think I was averaging 33-36 putts. Ball striking was WAY better. The last two rounds I had, 8 birdies. So I am finally able to score a bit better. Still have the stupid blow up holes where my short game goes to hell. Like the last hole today. 40 yards out from the green (short downhill par 4). I hit the pitch way too hard and catch it slightly thin, sending it over the green into a bunker. Well now I have a bunker shot with a severe down slope away from me. So that bunker shot ends off the green. I chip on and two putt from 5 feet. Just how my typical blow up hole went. So yea that 78 was with a triple and a double bogey!!

Overall thought, MUCH BETTER!!! still room to grow.

Back to practicing that backswing piece and working on my putting. :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thats so awesome. That 35 looks $!#/ing sexy ha ha.

Yea, I chipped in for birdie on the last hole, very fun round!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Yea, I chipped in for birdie on the last hole, very fun round!!!

That's so sweet nice job bud. I bet that was a fun round.

So I figure I need to hit some golf balls before each round to get going. The good swing is still there, hit some good shots.

Driver is getting really good. I am getting really use to hitting up on the ball. Hit some crazy long drives tonight because of the wind and the hard fairways. The course is built around old water retention bonds. The thing drains amazingly well, and doesn't have much sand based layers. If it doesn't rain much at all it can get hard as a rock out there.

Short irons were spot on. Mid irons I hooked the two shots I had with those clubs. The long iron I straight out blocked right.

Pitching is horrendous. I need to really practice this. It is so hit or miss right now, just killing my game.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

My pitching is absolutely killing my game. First hole, I leave a 30 yard pitch 10 yards short of were I need to land it, in the rough. 2nd hole I blade a pitch over the green. Third hole I push a pitch shot long onto the fringe. Fourth hole I chunk a pitch shot 10 yards short of the green. Just killing my game. It is costing me 2-3 strokes a round.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

My pitching is absolutely killing my game. First hole, I leave a 30 yard pitch 10 yards short of were I need to land it, in the rough. 2nd hole I blade a pitch over the green. Third hole I push a pitch shot long onto the fringe. Fourth hole I chunk a pitch shot 10 yards short of the green. Just killing my game. It is costing me 2-3 strokes a round.

Ouch, sounds like the boat I'm in right now. Glaring weakness, man, time to shift gears :-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Uhm, so post videos here, dummy. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Ouch, sounds like the boat I'm in right now. Glaring weakness, man, time to shift gears

I know right. My driving is just amazing right now. Just nuking the ball. I probably averaged 60 yards from the green on the first 4 holes. I went +4 over the first 4 holes. That is just crazy

Uhm, so post videos here, dummy.

Will do. Tomorrow will be a nice day out. I'll get the video camera charged up and head up to Kittyhawk to their short game green, after work.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Two pitching videos, first one is a longer pitch. Second one is a shorter pitch. Sorry for the sunlight, that driving range seems to be terrible at 7pm in the summer. I'll try not to video tape during that time.

Some putting videos,

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Pitching motion looks pretty good to me. Weight could possibly be set a little more forward. With the distance control, maybe feel more body rotation through the shot? It lookd a bit stalled, but I am not sure. I am sure one of the big guys will weigh in. Pretty solid overall I think.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Pitching looks pretty good. Would like to see more knee flex with the putter, legs just look really straight. Will help get the eyes over the ball.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

In addition to what Mike said, a little more "float loading" of the wrists will do two things:

1) Not return +1 degrees loft (above and beyond what your putter has already) at impact, as seen here..

2) Keep the putter head a wee bit lower in the follow-through.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Absolutely bloody horrible. Shot a 94 on a 6000 yard course.

Thought I was going to have a good day, started off birdie-par on the first two holes. Then it went straight down hill from there. I developed my snap hook again, and could not get rid of it until a few shots on the back nine.

Once again pitching has bit me. Lets look at the pitching

First hole: 20 yard pitch to the green, left my self 25 feet

Third hole: easy pitch left my self 20 feet.

Fourth hole, 70 yard pitch shot I flew the green, hit it 85 yards. Then the pitch next pitch ends up going to about 30 feet

Sixth hole, 20 yard pitch shot, left it 35 feet short.

Seventh hole, 20 yard pitch shot from the back of the green, left it in the rough. Then pitched it to about 25 feet.

Ninth Hole, 10 yard pitch shot, barely got it on the green, left myself 20 feet.

Tenth Hole, 5 yard pitch, barely got it on the green, left myself about 20 feet.

12th hole, 20 yard pitch shot, chunked it. Then my next pitch ended up about 15 feet.

13th hole. 20 yard pitch shot, chunked it into the creek about 5 yards infront of me. Then hit my next one to about 25 feet

14th hole, 20 yard pitch shot, left it 25 feet short

15th hole, 15 yards from the pin, got tired of pitching so i putted the ball off through the green. Then proceeded to chunk my pitch to barely on the green, left my self 35 feet.

16th hole, must have gotten tired of hitting them short. Ended up pitching the ball across the green in to the rough.

17th hole, 15 yard pitch shot, ended up 25 feet from the hole on the front of the green

18th hole, HIT THE BLOODY GREEN, NO PITCHING REQUIRED!!!! :dance:

So that was my pitching escapades today. I think I might start putting from the rough now. This is just getting frustrating. EASY pitch shots, I can't hit them with in 20 feet of the hole. I was more accurate with a 7 iron from 165 into the wind than I was from 20 yards. Maybe I should just lay up to a full iron shot, screw proximity, its costing me shots.

I know, in the long run just hit more greens MATT!!! seriously. I should not be wasting that many strokes around the green. I need to get back to my priority piece, getting that backswing fixed. Today the club was WAY too inside. I was hooking everything, big old snap hooks. My best iron shot was on the last hole were I set up to hit a cut and hit a push draw because I knew I needed to feel a cut to hit a draw. That is how bad my club inside. I aimed the shot for a draw, but I swung it like a fade. :bugout:

@mvmac ioned my pitching motion looked good in the video, but apparently I am doing something wrong. I guess I'll just have to go practice some more. This is just getting frustrating.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

One thing I fall back into is trying to hit pitches instead just letting the club do the work. You will get it. Just keep grinding at it. I practiced pitching a lot in my yard which helped.

Absolutely bloody horrible. Shot a 94 on a 6000 yard course.  Thought I was going to have a good day, started off birdie-par on the first two holes. Then it went straight down hill from there. I developed my snap hook again, and could not get rid of it until a few shots on the back nine.  Once again pitching has bit me. Lets look at the pitching First hole: 20 yard pitch to the green, left my self 25 feet Third hole: easy pitch left my self 20 feet.  Fourth hole, 70 yard pitch shot I flew the green, hit it 85 yards. Then the pitch next pitch ends up going to about 30 feet Sixth hole, 20 yard pitch shot, left it 35 feet short.  Seventh hole, 20 yard pitch shot from the back of the green, left it in the rough. Then pitched it to about 25 feet.  Ninth Hole, 10 yard pitch shot, barely got it on the green, left myself 20 feet.  Tenth Hole, 5 yard pitch, barely got it on the green, left myself about 20 feet.  12th hole, 20 yard pitch shot, chunked it. Then my next pitch ended up about 15 feet.  13th hole. 20 yard pitch shot, chunked it into the creek about 5 yards infront of me. Then hit my next one to about 25 feet 14th hole, 20 yard pitch shot, left it 25 feet short 15th hole, 15 yards from the pin, got tired of pitching so i putted the ball off through the green. Then proceeded to chunk my pitch to barely on the green, left my self 35 feet.  16th hole, must have gotten tired of hitting them short. Ended up pitching the ball across the green in to the rough.  17th hole, 15 yard pitch shot, ended up 25 feet from the hole on the front of the green 18th hole, HIT THE BLOODY GREEN, NO PITCHING REQUIRED!!!! :dance: So that was my pitching escapades today. I think I might start putting from the rough now. This is just getting frustrating. EASY pitch shots, I can't hit them with in 20 feet of the hole. I was more accurate with a 7 iron from 165 into the wind than I was from 20 yards. Maybe I should just lay up to a full iron shot, screw proximity, its costing me shots.  I know, in the long run just hit more greens MATT!!! seriously. I should not be wasting that many strokes around the green. I need to get back to my priority piece, getting that backswing fixed. Today the club was WAY too inside. I was hooking everything, big old snap hooks. My best iron shot was on the last hole were I set up to hit a cut and hit a push draw because I knew I needed to feel a cut to hit a draw. That is how bad my club inside. I aimed the shot for a draw, but I swung it like a fade.  :bugout: @mvmac I know you mentioned my pitching motion looked good in the video, but apparently I am doing something wrong. I guess I'll just have to go practice some more. This is just getting frustrating.

Matt, even though we're on different planets handicap wise I can totally relate. I started the season on a total high and was playing to my handicap or better right away, and then the wheels fell off. Now I'm not even really keeping score because it's so abysmal. The temptation to just go back to my old crappy swing is huge but I want to get better, not just stagnate in the same place forever. Just keep plugging away until you break through. If it makes you feel better, I shanked my way around a par 3 last week and finally putted out for an 8!!! It was brutal but comical at the same time. Shanked the tee shot 30 yards right of the green, roughly pin high. Shanked the pitch another 15 yards right. Shanked it back to about 5 yards off the back of the green (completing my circumnavigation of the green to almost exactly 180*). Putt/Chipped it, a la @mvmac , onto the back edge of the green and proceeded to 3 putt from 30' because I was completely flustered at that point. Good times. :-P Hey...just reread that. Maybe it was a 7. :dance:

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Matt, even though we're on different planets handicap wise I can totally relate. I started the season in a total high and was playing to my handicap or better right away, and them the wheels fell off. Now I'm not even really keeping score because it's so abysmal. The temptation to just go back to my old crappy swing is huge but I want to get better, not just stagnate in the same place forever. Just keep plugging away until you break through.

If it makes you feel better, I shanked my way around a par 3 last week and finally putted out for an 8!!! It was brutal but comical at the same time. Shanked the tee shot 30 yards right of the green, roughly pin high. Shanked the pitch another 15 yards right. Shanked it back to about 5 yards off the back of the green (completing my circumnavigation of the green to almost exactly 180*). Putt/Chipped it, a la @mvmac, onto the back edge of the green and proceeded to 3 putt from 30' because I was completely flustered at that point. Good times.

Hey...just reread that. Maybe it was a 7.

Yeah Its just frustrating because when I can get off the tee with my distance, my wedge game is just KILLING me. Like last Thursday. Inside 100 yards 3 out of the first 4 greens and I am 4 over par. I should be 1 to 2 under par with any sort of reasonable wedge game. Its getting to the point were I don't want to even hit driver any more because I know I will have a pitch shot. I was so glad I hit the 18th green today. I was just standing next to the green thinking, "Thank god I don't have to pitch anymore".

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag