IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Ah, which explains why the clubface control key is one of the main issues. Gotcha.

Well swing path first for me. If you have a less extreme swing path, then clubface control can be more neutral. With such an extreme swing path, I would need to aim way right and then hope the clubface is slightly closed to that, or i will snap left. Slight draws and fades are more controllable than big draws and fades.

I shouldn't be drawing a Pitching Wedge 10-15 yards from right to left. That iron should have a slight draw if anything at all.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well swing path first for me. If you have a less extreme swing path, then clubface control can be more neutral. With such an extreme swing path, I would need to aim way right and then hope the clubface is slightly closed to that, or i will snap left. Slight draws and fades are more controllable than big draws and fades.

I shouldn't be drawing a Pitching Wedge 10-15 yards from right to left. That iron should have a slight draw if anything at all.

I see, well it seems like it's probably pretty minor changes for you at this point though. I really need to get to the range and rerecord my swing since my rounds yesterday. It really feels a lot better. I'm definitely back to nice high draws mostly.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

• Administrator

Could be time to start working on the downswing/follow-through piece.

We didn't have time (and it would have been too much) but the backswing is better. It's no longer as deep. Get some high-speed video soon and have a look…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Could be time to start working on the downswing/follow-through piece.

We didn't have time (and it would have been too much) but the backswing is better. It's no longer as deep. Get some high-speed video soon and have a look…

Overall the backswing isn't too bad. I think it is a major improvement compared to were it was. Hopefully I c

Lets start with a chunk. Might as well throw in a bad swing. I wont shy away from that one.

Camera angle was about 6 inches to far to the left (DAH!!!). I forgot my alignment sticks to help me out.

Face on view. I found out why I was chunking the ball. I tend to let my head drop backwards in my downswing. Need to stop that.

On my set up, I am way too far on my heels. I need to stand further away from the ball. I get kinda stuck in there.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

• Administrator

First, note that these may be "next step" type pieces. Working on these before you're fully doing your better backswing pieces could be a bit of a mess, so save this for "soon" if you're not fully comfortable with your backswing pieces yet. And then start to layer it in: 90% backswing, 10% this. Then 80/20. Then 70/30. And so on.

I'm going to tag team in @cipher here because he can help with this.

Basically, you're going to want to feel like your left hip goes up and left harder, faster, more-more-more. In fact your entire right side might feel like it's contributing to this as well (so your head doesn't tip back). I want you getting "through" and "around" more, sooner, more aggressively.

Just like I showed you in Erie back in February or March or whenever that was when you came up here with George and @Ernest Jones was here. Pivot hard, extend the left knee, stick your left hip out, get your belt buckle around to left of the target quicker, etc.

It should feel fast, powerful, and it may even feel like you're gonna swing left quite a bit (with your core/hips/etc. - not with your arms) but you shouldn't be. It'll just take a lot of the curve off your hook if done properly, and slow the overtaking and RoC.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I figured the next piece would be what @cipher was working on before. We seem to mimic the same issues!!! :-D

I'll slowly work this in, once I feel comfortable with the back swing piece.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I figured the next piece would be what @cipher was working on before. We seem to mimic the same issues!!! :-D I'll slowly work this in, once I feel comfortable with the back swing piece.

Haha yeah I knew this one was probably coming for you as well. Out with the family tonight but I will chime in after the kids go to bed. ;)

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

This is a fun piece.  When you start working on it, it will help a number of things when you get it.  It helps with low point, and the path/face relationship, it also added 10 yards to my iron swing.  You can do it too much too quickly as well like I have had some problems with recently but at first it will be tough to get it that extreme.  Like Erik is saying it needs to feel very powerful.  I think of Lexi and Tiger when I think about this.  The way they almost seem to jump out of their shoes.  Throw that left hip out to left field.  You may need to feel it all the way from A4 at first, but it really needs to happen powerfully and fast from A5.5 or A6 to A7.  I liked to practice holding the club at about A5.5 and just throw the hip from there.  No ball, just feeling the speed in which it needs to happen.   When you get into this more and you want, I can give some more thoughts.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I know I shouldn't be focusing on the new piece in league play, but damn didn't I just have one of the better ball striking nights in a long time. Given the Driver was a bit hit or miss (Big blocks on the first two times I hit it). I hit 6 out of 9 greens,

Hole 11: 25 feet

Hole 12: 30 feet

Hole 14: 15 feet

Hole 15: 20 feet

Hole 16: 15 feet

Hole 17: 12 feet

Couldn't sink one fricken putt!!!

Of course I had my brain fart moment. Had an 80 yard shot, was thinking of technique and forgot about distance. I hit the perfect 50 yard pitch shot you'd ever see. :doh: . Then I proceed to chunk the next pitch because the ball is now on an extreme upslope. Then I leave the putt from the fringe 15 feet short. Oh the classic double bogey from 80 yards away!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I know I shouldn't be focusing on the new piece in league play, but damn didn't I just have one of the better ball striking nights in a long time. Given the Driver was a bit hit or miss (Big blocks on the first two times I hit it). I hit 6 out of 9 greens,

Hole 11: 25 feet

Hole 12: 30 feet

Hole 14: 15 feet

Hole 15: 20 feet

Hole 16: 15 feet

Hole 17: 12 feet

Couldn't sink one fricken putt!!!

Of course I had my brain fart moment. Had an 80 yard shot, was thinking of technique and forgot about distance. I hit the perfect 50 yard pitch shot you'd ever see. . Then I proceed to chunk the next pitch because the ball is now on an extreme upslope. Then I leave the putt from the fringe 15 feet short. Oh the classic double bogey from 80 yards away!!!

Not sinking one putt does suck but man that had to be fun having to have that many good looks.  Keep it up your doing a good job with a very important piece.

I do think who I get the hip and torso rotating thru impact more, I am able to hold a finish. Mostly because the kinematic sequence is better and the hips, torso and arms are slowing down into the finish. Before things still felt fast and flippy with the club. Not sure if this is something @ @cipher has experienced. For me I would say look at Luke Donald and how he can stick that high finish and not have his arms keep going so his club is striking his back. Also when I get this better, it just feels powerful and compact. Like I don't need to use my arms anymore to power the golf swing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I do think who I get the hip and torso rotating thru impact more, I am able to hold a finish. Mostly because the kinematic sequence is better and the hips, torso and arms are slowing down into the finish. Before things still felt fast and flippy with the club. Not sure if this is something @@cipher has experienced. For me I would say look at Luke Donald and how he can stick that high finish and not have his arms keep going so his club is striking his back. Also when I get this better, it just feels powerful and compact. Like I don't need to use my arms anymore to power the golf swing.

Yep once you get it hopefully it will be easier for your swing to become even shorter.  Mine did and I was not really even focusing on that.  I have also noticed that, "when I do it properly" the sequence of the torso arms and club work more in sync into the finish.  You can still get the hips piece and throw the arms off the body in the downswing like I was doing earlier in the year and have all kinds of issues, but when the hand path is solid it does all seem to work together nicely.

Nate

Thank god for a rain out tonight. Got 5 holes in and was 7 over par. Just horrible.

Double, Bogey, Triple, Bogey, Par

Driver: Thin, Thin, Straight fade

Approach: Good, Thin hook, Thin push draw, Push Draw

Putting was Meh!!

Just couldn't get any sort of feel for the club tonight. Haven't hit a ball in 5 days and expect to make decent contact, yea right. :whistle:

Next time I'll warm up on the range to get a feel for something.

As for putting, I was bashing my short putts. I mean if I had a 3 foot putt, I was hitting them 5 feet past. I just couldn't stop the feel wanting to really strike the putts hard. Kinda mimic my full swing. I could take a smooth backswing, but my downswing would be rushed and I would spin out, flip and catch it thin. So yea, just going to throw away tonight and hopefully a good range session will allow me to find my shot again.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

I guess that was the "small chance of a pop up shower".

Pop up shower, right. It was torrential downpour. I didn't have my umbrella. I am glad I had my work cloths, and a spare towel I keep in my gym bag. I was drenched. My golf bag is sitting in front of the fan right now drying out.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Are you still doing your 60% feel with your full swing? I recall that really working well for you a few weeks ago.

Constantine

Are you still doing your 60% feel with your full swing? I recall that really working well for you a few weeks ago.

I tried to slow things down, and then my downswing would be UBER fast. I just had no coordination for my swing for the first 5 holes. On the par 5 14th, I was able to hit a decent push fade, then I hit a pretty good push draw hybrid. So I was getting the feel back. Then the heavens opened and torrential rain washed us out.

Yea, I played really well Saturday, ball striking wise. I felt control over every shot. Then I got sick, and was basically lazy from Sunday till Tuesday. Today I had my typical desk job. So I was basically off my feet for 3 and a half days. That totally F'd up my swing.

I knew things were bad when I was lining up over my tee shot on the par 3 11th, and I felt horrible over the ball. It felt like my body was pointing one way, and I felt the path would do another, I was just like, "this will be bad". So I end up getting a lucky right kick to stay on the fringe. Luckily I hit it thin, took some hook spin off it. I just felt off, like I couldn't even line up right to the ball correctly.

I just didn't have time to warm up, really threw me off today.

What pissed me off the most was the putting. 3 times I had 3-4 foot putts that I blasted by the hole 5 feet. I mean, I would take back a nice smooth stroke, then just BLAST the ball. Somehow I was doing my worst impression of Phil!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Yea, I played really well Saturday, ball striking wise. I felt control over every shot. Then I got sick, and was basically lazy from Sunday till Tuesday. Today I had my typical desk job. So I was basically off my feet for 3 and a half days. That totally F'd up my swing.

Gotcha. Yea, I know how that goes. Stinks to sit on the shelf for even just a few days. Especially if you're coming off a bug.

I just didn't have time to warm up, really threw me off today.

Yea, my course's range is closed due to so much rain and the practice green is being rebuilt so I've just been heading out there cold and in cart-path-only mode. Not the most fun way to go about it (the place doesn't let you walk). Annoying to not be able to practice, or even just warm up with 5-10 balls beforehand.

What pissed me off the most was the putting. 3 times I had 3-4 foot putts that I blasted by the hole 5 feet. I mean, I would take back a nice smooth stroke, then just BLAST the ball. Somehow I was doing my worst impression of Phil!

It happens. I was doing that too the other day. So annoying. Some days are just off. In my case, I just haven't put in the necessary time to stay dialed in. I'm reaping what I sow. I missed 2-3 birdie chances inside 7 feet the last time I played. So brutal feeling like I have to hit it close to make it. Hopefully it comes around though for us both.

Constantine