IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Putting stroke looks good. Really can tell you are trying to match your backswing with the downswing. Only comment I have is what @boogielicious already pointed out about your head movement. This is the same thing I need to work on with my stroke. I plan on practicing the coin drill a lot the rest of the summer.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Played so so tonight. Still having issues with my backswing with the driver. Had one snap hook, and one big push. Irons were pretty good Putting was a mix bag. 3 puttes two holes. Final putt where at 4 feet. Just rushing the back stroke on the short putts. When i take a longer slower smoother stroke i hit good putts. I still heel a few putts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Keep practicing with my putting and I keep HEELING PUTTS!!! Driving me fricken crazy!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Just posting this in my swing thread. Really a good feel for shortening the backswing, and also links into my priority piece of getting the hands in a better position at the top of the backswing. [VIDEO]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aIk6-DrcVjk[/VIDEO] Also, I have a thin mirror at home I can lay on the ground. I have some tape running up the center. I use it for practice. I put it on the ground and put a ball on the tape. Then I addressed the ball with my putter. I found that my eyes were about 4 inches inside the golf ball. When I took a stance with my eyes more over or just inside the ball, the putts where doing much better. This requires me to be a tad more bent over with softer elbows. I still got to make sure my hands don't get too high at address.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Probably the most dissappointing +4 I shot for 9 holes. Just wasted shots on STUPID stuff

Hole 3, teed the 3 wood too high and popped it up, ended up 160 yards out behind a tree

Hole 4, duffed a pitch shot when I was 10 yards from the pin on my drive

Hole 5, 3 putted from 35 feet

Hole 7, 3 putted from 30 feet

Hole 8, just didn't hit the tee shot, ended up landing the ball 20 yards infront of the green and hoping into a bunker. Then I flipped too much on the bunker shot and ended up going over the green

Shot a +4 with 19 putts, and two three putts.

Hole 1: 12 feet, didn't get it to a foot from the hole

Hole 2: 15 feet for par, ended up about 2 feet short and left, heeled and pulled the putt

Hole 3: 15 feet for par, put it about 3 feet past the hole

Hole 4: 20 feet for birdie, wasn't even close, ended up 3 feet away, missed it way low

Hole 5: 35 feet for birdie, jacked it 15 feet past, and then pull heeled another putt, missing it about a foot to the left and short

Hole 6: 40 feet for Eagle, left it about 6 feet short. Didn't take the putter far enough back and tried to make up for it in the downstroke. Ended up rotating the putter over pulling the putt and ending up short. Luckily I made the birdie putt.

Hole 7: 35 feet for birdie, missed the putt 4 feet to the left of the cut, and missed the 4 footer for par. Just had a jabby short putt that blew it right through the putt lipping out.

Hole 8: Made a 10 footer for bogey

Hole 9: Pulled and mishit another putt. Ended up about a foot short and left.

Nothing ever close to the hole at all. Just terrible. It is absolutely frustrating. 7 nGIR and I end up 4 over par. If my putter didn't cost me over 300 dollars I might have snapped in half.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
Can you hit solid putts righty only?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yea, I seem to be able to hit putts righty only.

Here's the stupid thing. I can stand over a putt, then look up straight ahead so I am not looking at the ball. I hit putts great. The sound is nice, the feel is great and I just put 5 balls with in 6 inches of a spot about 25 feet away in my apartment. I could probably putt better blindfolded. :surrender:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Here are some videos of me putting right hand only.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Ok I think the difference between my previous putting stroke and what I am feeling with the right arm only is the following,

To be able to get the club stable with a right hand only putting practice I need to keep my right elbow locked into my side. This requires me to use more hinge in the wrist for longer putts. Before I would feel my right elbow move laterally in putting to increase the putting arch.

So I tried this with two hand putting and it felt a lot better. Not sure if having the elbows move laterally causes issues in putting, but I think locking mine into my side and putting with the forearms and wrists more would work well for me.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

To be able to get the club stable with a right hand only putting practice I need to keep my right elbow locked into my side. This requires me to use more hinge in the wrist for longer putts. Before I would feel my right elbow move laterally in putting to increase the putting arch.

So I tried this with two hand putting and it felt a lot better. Not sure if having the elbows move laterally causes issues in putting, but I think locking mine into my side and putting with the forearms and wrists more would work well for me.

Duh. Softer wrists. Little float loady. :-D

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Duh. Softer wrists. Little float loady.

:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Well here's to hoping!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Well here's to hoping!

Big muscles used for large-step adjustments, wrists and smaller muscles for fine-tuning the touch. Like the two dials on a microscope: large-grain and fine-grain adjustment knobs.

Working on my putting. I like the right arm only drill.

I also am going to incorporate that into my pre-putt routine. I will be setting up putter behind the ball with my right hand only first, just to get the same feel at set up. I want to tie together the feel of where my right arm needs to be in the set up (right elbow tucked more into my side).

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Ok some more putting videos. Trying to see if I am on the right track here.

Not sure if it's a good angle, but a reverse down the line.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

No.

Right wrist should fold slightly on the backswing. You keep it basically the same and then cup your left wrist more on the downswing and follow-through. That adds loft, screws with the contact and distance control, and looks lame. :)

Plus the handle is too far back at setup and the ball a bit too far forward.

Ok so I have them referenced here. The video's Erik took while I was up in Erie, PA.

It is very easy to tell what you were talking about @iacas . The ball too forward, not enough wrist hinge in the back stroke, and the hands not forward enough at set up.

The set up will be easy to fix. I also noticed my grip in the video I shot was more under the grip in my right hand. This one above was more thumbs down the top of the grip. What I need to work on is that hinge, float move. I'll keep working on that and the right handed putting stroke only.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

42 (+6) tonight in league

Driver: Push, Push Cut, Push Cut (water hazard), Toe Push Draw, Push Cut, HOOK (Out of Bounds). Just can't get the backswing piece down with this club. Everything is so off balanced with this club. I just keep feeling like I am falling to the right when I swing. This club is killing my game. Tonight I had 1 lateral hazard and 1 stroke and distance with this club. So basically 3 strokes wasted off the tee. A few other tee shots I got lucky to have not ended up right behind a tree.

3-Wood: Push Draw, shockingly I can hit this club fine off the tee, WTH DRIVER WTH!!

nGIR: 6 out of 9

Putting: 16 putts, actually really really better tonight. At least the ball was near the hole, speed was much better. All hail the float!!

Pitching wasn't too bad. I did have a hole were I duffed two pitch shots. I just have a hard time catching the ball first on pitch shots.

Irons were so-so. Straight fade (ball bellow my feet with a wedge), push draw (wedge), hook (5 iron), hook (6 iron), push draw (7 iron), Thin to win (PW), Chunk (PW)

Still need to work on my backswing piece and sprinkle in some of that hip through impact stuff. Still too extreme with the swing path angle from the inside.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

You are pushing with your driver, why not slightly close your driver slightly at address and see what happens?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad