IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

• Administrator

We'll be lucky if any courses are still open next year.

Pretty sure the two @saevel25 was considering are fine.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Which 2 if you don't mind me asking @saevel25

Yankee Trace or Beavercreek.

I am not sure which. I was planning on playing Yankee over the weekend but my damn back decided to go out on me. So right now I've only played one of the courses.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
Driver;Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5,Β  3-Wood:Β 
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:
Bag:Β :ping:

Yankee Trace or Beavercreek.Β  I am not sure which. I was planning on playing Yankee over the weekend but my damn back decided to go out on me. So right now I've only played one of the courses.

I played Yankee years ago. The POP was horrendous. I think it took us 5.5 hours. We mentioned it to the staff in the clubhouse got the so what reaction. Pretty much crossed it off my list. Nice course though. You should try Hearherwood too if you haven't yet.

- Shane

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the back. Still a bit tender. I've taken some pitching swings and I don't get much sharp pain anymore, but still a tad bit of discomfort. So still rehabin the back, lots of low impact cardio and ab stability exercises. Hopefully I'll be all better my the new year.

I guess I should practice my putting indoors then, at least work on something. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag
:titleist:Β 917h3 ,Β  Hybrid:Β  :titleist:Β 915 2-Hybrid,Β  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel:Β (52, 56, 60),Β  Putter: :edel:,Β  Ball: :snell:Β MTB,Β Β Shoe: :true_linkswear:,Β  Rangfinder:Β :leupold:

• 1 month later...

My primary back pain is pretty much gone (the QL Muscle feels good). Though I am having trouble with myΒ Iliopsoas muscle. When I sit down for long periods of time it gets inflamed and I get some pain when I stand up and extend my hips. Pain is near my the top of my hips, right were the Illiopsoas meets the hip bone. It gets pretty inflamed because I try to massage out the muscle at first touch it is pretty uncomfortable.

Hopefully working out will help it. Slowly the amount of discomfort has been going away. Just a day behind the desk at work just seems to cause it to act up a bit.

I've tried some swings indoors, and my back can still get a bit tender after only a few swing. Just right where thatΒ Iliopsoas connects to the lower spine area, on the right side.

I really do hate support muscles :pound:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

My primary back pain is pretty much gone (the QL Muscle feels good). Though I am having trouble with myΒ Iliopsoas muscle. When I sit down for long periods of time it gets inflamed and I get some pain when I stand up and extend my hips. Pain is near my the top of my hips, right were the Illiopsoas meets the hip bone. It gets pretty inflamed because I try to massage out the muscle at first touch it is pretty uncomfortable.

Hopefully working out will help it. Slowly the amount of discomfort has been going away. Just a day behind the desk at work just seems to cause it to act up a bit.

I've tried some swings indoors, and my back can still get a bit tender after only a few swing. Just right where thatΒ Iliopsoas connects to the lower spine area, on the right side.

I really do hate support muscles

This can get me as well. Β I have tried to stand up and move when I am on the phone, but most days, this does not seem to be enough.

What do you do to get some movement during the day?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator
I really do hate support muscles

Especially when they're not doing a damn thing to support your passion for golf!

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

So what course are you joining this year?

If I like the course at Yankee Trace then there. I like the facilities better. It has the double ended range, and the short game area. Yankee will be one of the first courses I play next year.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

If I like the course at Yankee Trace then there. I like the facilities better. It has the double ended range, and the short game area. Yankee will be one of the first courses I play next year.

That course looks very nice. Just the fact that it has 27 holes is sweet. I hope your back feels better. Your a hell of a golfer.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Updates?

Updates?

On the golf swing, not much got the first few days in the 50's and the snow is finally gone. Hoping to hit the range a bit over the weekend. I think the work I did over the summer with the backswing went well. Right now I am more concerned with getting this hip tendinitis cleared up first. I tried to swing a few times at Golfsmith and it was not pretty.

On getting that membership. I haven't committed to it yet. I want to make sure everything is in order before I drop a cool 2G's on a golf membership. If I do I am 99% sure it will be Beavercreek the closer one.

Besides that everything is good :)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

I'm heading to Young's Sunday afternoon with the boy if you're interested in heading out that way. One of the HS assistant coaches will be meeting us there to work with him.

- Shane

I decided to hit the range today. First time trying to put clubhead to ball. Lets say I am still searching for consistent solid contact. I was just trying to get those golfing muscles stretched out. Not really looking for much today.

I figured a few things out.

First, keep the swing length shorter

Two, don't swing so hard

Again those two lead me to poor backswing mechanics. I tend to regress back to my previous backswing mechanics when I do those two. They also lead me to poor transition into impact. I get to much extension to early and hit a lot of thin shots. Thin shots today were not fun, ouch. When I kept things shorter the ball flight was much better, and I am in balance more. I actually hit some nice push draws. There is some hope.

Third, I have issues with club orientation at setup. I grip the club and the clubhead points left at address. I am sure I grip the club so that I would end up with a slightly open face at address. Not sure if is a grip issue or me turning the hands over at address for some reason. Something to investigate later.

As with the hip issues. They did get a tad inflammed after a series of shots. The pain level isn't near as bad as it use to be. It use to be a 7 out of 10. Today it got to about a 4 out of 10. The pain is quicker to subside now as well. So in the end it looks like things are on the up and up with that. I got to keep the stretching and low impact exercise going.

I know I should have brought out the camera. :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag

A bit of practicing.

Clubhead is still a tad behind, but not as extreme as previous swings.

Shaft is less flat at A3.

A tad steeper shoulder turn, the hands can still be a bit higher and out in front of my chest more.

I like the steady head in this face on view. Still need more extension on the front leg there. Flat left wrist is pretty solid. I am hitting an 8 iron here. The ball position looks good. Maybe the feet are too close together?

Just curious, does having a stronger grip promote taking the clubhead inside on the backswing. When I have the clubface slightly open at address, with the strong grip I just can't get a bad feeling that I will just roll the hands over and take the clubhead inside when I am trying not too.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
Β fasdfaΒ dfdsafΒ 

What's in My Bag