IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

2 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Open up face a tad to present the bounce,

Not my problem here. 

If you’re skulling it...isn’t the bounce your friend, leading edge the enemy? 

I can skull it with the face open. I've had some other sorts of results, like constantly hitting the ball out on the toe of the club. Having the club bottom out 3-4 inches behind the ball. 

Or a better idea, put it on video and have the better guys help. If you can’t pitch it to a reasonable spot...scoring is tough

Don't worry, my short game trials are well known here 😉 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/080WivEweW

Drives - Pushing them way right OR hitting heel cuts OR hitting snap toe hooks

Irons - Hitting weak block push cuts. 

Pitching - This was actually decent. 

Putting - Distance control was hit or miss, but I finally started to make a some putts inside 10 FT. 

Back to the range to diagnose what I am doing wrong. No carry over from warming up before the round. 

Just super disappointed with the entire week. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Current Swing

Practice stuff, trying to keep the turn and swing shorter, and turn through better. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Just a bit on set up - For a 7 iron, a bit wider stance and little too much right hand under the club. 
Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 1.35.27 PM.png

Backswing Length - This would be ideal. At this spot my shoulders are turned 90 degrees. left arm doesn't start to break down to add length to the swing. This position makes turning forward feel really easy.

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 1.34.25 PM.png

A6 - This is were things feel like I flip in the swing. I really need to figure out how to keep up the turn rates here. The image on the right is where I stall, and add shoulder pitch. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-28 at 1.36.22 PM.png 

Everything starts with my swing length. If it gets long then its nearly impossible for me to turn enough on the downswing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

You stall a bit because the arms are a tiny bit late in getting down.

Perhaps a modification to the "level shoulders" feel is to get that right shoulder, staying high, through sooner?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

14 hours ago, iacas said:

Perhaps a modification to the "level shoulders" feel is to get that right shoulder, staying high, through sooner?

Probably. I'll devote some time to seeing if feeling the right shoulder, or right hand through sooner might work.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

My goal was to get the arms synced up better in conjunction with still working on my shoulder piece. I found that working on the arms stuff helped turn better. 

The feel is kind-of a simultaneous feel. I feel like my right palm drives down towards my toes as I turn my right shoulder through flatter.  

I got the idea to exaggerate the feeling of the hands coming down sooner by trying to not allow my hips to turn at the start of the downswing. My thought was that I should try to stall the lateral motion and turning of the hips to try to see what it felt like to get the hands get down sooner and allow the upper body to turn sooner. That is where I got the right palm feeling in conjunction with the right shoulder turn. 

This FO view shot could be done better. The swing feel for this was maybe not enough right shoulder stuff, or quieter hips at the start of the downswing. It's probably the best the set up has looked. I am really happy with that. 

Overall, my shot shape was pretty much a straight fade! 🤯 It wasn't the weak cut that I was getting before. It was a very solid strike, and the ball went down range with a very powerful trajectory. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

I like those.

DO NOT ADD THIS NOW, but eventually you'll want to look at that "hop" or "knee re-sag" thing:

image.png

Eventually. Not now.

But those looked good.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, iacas said:

DO NOT ADD THIS NOW, but eventually you'll want to look at that "hop" or "knee re-sag" thing:

I think working on the turn will help out a bit. I noticed in one video that the dip becomes less pronounced the better I turn. Yea, it catches my eye. AND YES, I will not be working on it anytime soon 😉

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/6wyDs4tfnW

played better, a bit up and down with trying to get my Swing feels to play. I need to be a bit more right shoulder through. I can sometimes forget to keep the turn rate up. This will lead to a heel cut or a shank (hole 6)

I will need to work on the driver. 

I was happy with the short game for the most part. I feel like that’s coming along. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Went to the range to work on my driver.

1. Try to maintain a shorter swing. I’ll have to spend sometime on this. 

2. Keep head steadier throughout Swing. 

3. Feel like the right shoulder starts the downswing. Keep hips more quiet/still in transition.The left hip naturally drives back more. I feel a stretch in my left side more. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Driver Swing 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Driver Swing,

First, I need to shorten it. Second, I need to turn better in my spine tilt.

The swing below is me trying to control the right arm traveling too far behind me and keeping the swing shorter. The feel is really feeling the right elbow staying against my right chest, and the right wrist extending more. Then the same right shoulder feeling.

Below is a mid range pitch video. 

Below is a 9 iron swing with a bit more right elbow feel and more right wrist flexion at A4. Then turning the right shoulder flatter feel. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

https://bnc.lt/yzOb/RUiGy0sMyW

Overall, I’m ok with the round. It was windy, wet and rainy. 

I hit the ball off the tee exceptionally well. First time in a while I felt like I wasn’t going to lose the shot if I made a confident turn. The right elbow right wrist feel in the backswing really helped. 

My irons were a bit weak because I was thinking to much and didn’t give the shots enough juice. That is why two of my approaches where a bit heavy and most were short. If I turned better they would have been solid. 

The short game was not terrible, but not good. Contact is much better, but I need to practice distance control.

overall, I feel like things are ready to head in the direction I want. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Worked on some pitching today. Here is what my pitching is currently. This is a mid range pitch feel. 

A feel I was working on after this is a bit less hands feel, and more of a pivot only feel. Kinda of just let the right arm be soft as I pivot. That seemed to work out really well, and is easier to control short pitching distances. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Worked on my pitching and chipping today. Things went well. I am still focusing on being more pivot and less hands to start the pitch. This lets me be way more aggressive with my forward pivot. 

On my full swing wedge shots. I’m trying to be a bit more hands forward at impact, more shoulder turn, and hands exit low and left at impact. When I try to hit low cuts I hit straight good shots. I was trying to take out a bit of flip because my ball flight was way too high. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

2593801_qRlr3fx7.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Struggling some on the course. Just not hitting start lines with consistent shot shapes. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

My intent on full swing shots is to do my pieces as good as possible. So, shorter backswing and right shoulder stuff. 

Driver - the shots ranged from push cuts (not doing my right shoulder stuff well) to a pull hook. 

Irons - I didn't have many instances were I had good looks at the green. Hole 2 - The 6 iron was a low push draw. Hole 4 - I shanked a 9 iron. Hole 5 - I hit a big pull heel cut, then chunked a sand wedge. Hole 6 - I hit a low slight pull draw. Hole 7 - I hit a pretty decent 9 iron at the only gap I had available. Hole 9 - I hit a flappy heel cut into the trees right. 

Short game - Besides the thinned wedge off mud and the shank pitch on hole 4, I think I hit some decent short game shots. 

The issue is lack of ability to hit start lines, consistent shot shapes and trajectory. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag