saevel25

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Yes.

Good

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Good

Right shirt seam can't get forward if you stay back.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

After playing 9.

1. Be more mindful of setup. I need to stop aiming 15-20 yards right. It might be the strong grip and me wanting to position the shoulders and hips right. 

2. Keep the swing shorter. 

3. Get body forward with turn. 

4. I need to feel more open club face. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Current swing 

Ok, just not doing things well. I was trying to feel more turn towards the target. 

Some practicing 

Not sure I’m doing the slower swings good. The turn looks stalled and the hands dive left. 🤔 

So, I decided to work on the backswing for a bit. 

Elbows more together swing feel

Not sure I like this feel. Way too strange. 

Chest pointing at the camera feel

The bigger turn feel makes it feel like I can turn better thru the shot. I find it difficult to get the path to go left more. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Matt, stop messing around with other things. You leave here and invent new things to try instead of staying on the path I laid out for you. That path involved shorter slower simpler specific swings that led to successful shots. They might only go 100 yards, but you work there until you can do it every time. Then you make it a little longer. Faster.

But only then.

Inventing new things is not simple or specific. It won’t lead to successes.

You have success here because you have me staying on top of things. Making you do it.

Time to get out Paperik again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Gotcha 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
12 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Gotcha 

You can do it.

You did it for hours here.

And to be clear the above is an example of a passage of text that you can read all sorts of ways. But I trust Matt, who knows me well enough, will take it as “firm but perfectly supportive, nice, etc.”

Played 9 today

Front Nine - 

2716327_IGL9JqkC.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

Swing Feels were too complicated. I struggled with turning well. It hurt me a lot off the tee (hooks).

Back Nine - 

2716541_WCcUCH0P.png

View this round on GAME GOLF

To help facilitate the swing path left and help my turn, I tried out having my left hip go back sooner and less towards the target. I was just trying out a different feel for turning. I think it turned out well. 

Two iron shots I was really happy with. They were taking two clubs more, and swing slower focusing on the following,

1. Making a shorter backswing

2. Keeping the right hand open more and traveling more left with my left hip back feel. I hit a 6 iron to 1 ft and an 8 iron to about 20 ft. Both were flushed and it felt like the hands and body went left and the ball went towards my target. 

Right now, it’s basically clubbing up twice and hitting the club 20 yards shorter is the fastest I can swing and do things well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Right now, it’s basically clubbing up twice and hitting the club 20 yards shorter is the fastest I can swing and do things well.

👏

Current Swing 

Swing Left Practice 

More Slow Swing Practice

Swinging at 80%-ish

Super Slow Full Swing (like 20%-ish)

Overall Thoughts, 

I think I am missing something in this. Probably the going forward stuff. Things felt very swiping at the ball today. Which probably means that I am not getting my right side forward enough. 

Also, I need to really feel the right palm facing away from me in the downswing. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Overall Thoughts, 

I think I am missing something in this. Probably the going forward stuff. Things felt very swiping at the ball today. Which probably means that I am not getting my right side forward enough. 

Also, I need to really feel the right palm facing away from me in the downswing.

Look at the left arm depth in the practice versus the actual swings where you're going to hit the ball.

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

Look at the left arm depth in the practice versus the actual swings where you're going to hit the ball.

Practice 

C35B140E-D956-496F-AA20-C16BB7702C47.png

Actual

40B0341E-64A8-4220-BB3A-8C72ED81DADD.png

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Practice 

C35B140E-D956-496F-AA20-C16BB7702C47.png

Actual

40B0341E-64A8-4220-BB3A-8C72ED81DADD.png

Yup.

Tough to go left with the left arm that deep in transition/A5.

Trying to get the left arm not so deep. 

and

Don't think I was successful. Left arm just wants to go back a lot. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

These look better to me, Matt.

A5.jpgA6.jpgA8.jpg

Note that the pivot (more turn, more around) "carries" the hands "across the shelf" at the top of the backswing. The rotation while the hands stay high carry the hands outward a bit so you can swing left from there.

If I can I'll film a video later.

Went back to the range for round 2. 

I spent 3/4 the bucket hitting 7 irons to 150 yards. 

From my Notes app. 

Setup- left elbow facing up more.  top of left hand facing more of towards target. 

Backswing - feel like inside of left elbow faces the sky more (A1 to A3). Feel like I stay over the ball. Feel the club stop and pause at A3.5.

Downswing- right palm faces out more. Drive heel of club left and down.  I like the feel of the right side and right palm coming through impact at the same time. It seems like my right elbow is driving through with my turn.

On the not so good swings, it feels like from A4 to A8 I just end up lifting up and tilting back. On the good results the right hand is driving down and left with my right side going through. 

Trends on 150 yard 7 iron shots.

1. When I feel less right side through and more tilt back  I get weak push cuts. 
  2. When I feel the heel of the club come down and in, and my right side turns through I get more pulls to slight pull cut. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

(edited)

Went up to Erie today. Just some notes. 

Setup - watch width of stance and make sure ball position isn’t to far back. Further forward will help out with what I am working on.

Backswing - Continue to keep left arm from getting too deep. Looking good.  

Downswing- Swing path left, keep turn rates up, add in a bit of palmar flexion to help square up the club. To help clean up contact, finish with arms extended at chest height. This helps makes sure the turn rates keep up. With the driver and woods, straighten the left knee sooner to help speed up turn rates. 

Overall, Swing is looking good. 

Edited by saevel25
  • Like 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

It is.