• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Affiliates

SuperSpeed
    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo
    • Day 316 Worked on figuring out a feel/thought to take on course for what I’m working on lately. Came to “right hand, right heel” as the mantra. “Right hand” part to not move my right hand into a strong grip during takeaway. “Right heel” part to get my weight pressure into the inside of my right heel, which means I’ve done a good turn. Hit about 30 balls, using this thought. 
    • Bought a new set of G410’s today.  Hit them at the range.  Loved them.  Bought the G410 driver too.  That thing was awesome.  Had to order the sand wedge and lob wedge today.  2-3 month wait time.  Getting the g410 3 hybrid next.   
    • This is the first year we have missed both Garland and Treetop in the last 5 years.   I really didn't miss Treetops except the par 3 but I do miss Garland.    I'm glad you were able to enjoy them.
    • Would you happen to know when these Mac LITE irons were made?   
    • Had a group of college friends together for a little 2 on 2 friendly competition. We all made bogey on 1. On 2 there is a little pond short left of the green. My partner hit into the hazard. Ball on the edge of the water. He goes in after it, where the water has receded and left a muddy edge. Dude goes into the mud waist deep. Shoe came off. Fell on his face. Literally worried that he was not going to get out. It’s 50 degrees and dude is covered in mud, wet. Needless to say I had to drive him back up to his car and that was the end of his day.    so we played individual for the day. On 15 holes I was 4 over par. On the other 3 holes, thanks to a pair of doubles and a triple I was 7 over. 11 over for the round is one of the first times I failed to break 80 for a round in a while. Overall for the day I didn’t play bad but those 3 holes were just ugly. 6. I hit a weak drive right on a hill, awkward lie. Couldn’t get a good stance. Chunk my shot. My 3rd was from 75 and I left that short. Chip on for 4 and 2 putts for a double 6. 13. 8 iron deep left. Chip on and 3 putt for a double 14. my 6 iron off the tee layup I chunk into the water. Haven’t hit a ball off the tee out of play all season here. Drop from 230 out up hill. Hit 3 wood and lucky to not be OB left. Barely in play and not a good stance with tree in my backswing. Leave that short of the green. Chip that on and 2 putt for a 7.  Did drive one onto the fringe at 8 today and had a putt at eagle on the hole for 1st time all year so managed an easy birdie there. Eagle lipped out. Would have been a nice boost considering the double at 6 and then 3 putt bogey at 7. Hit 10 GIR which is about where I would normally be any given day. Few more putts than normal but didn’t putt awful. If I could just have those 3 holes back!
  • TST Blog Entries

• Today's Birthdays

1. anhthinhspkt
      anhthinhspkt
      (25 years old)
    2. DARTSO
      DARTSO
      (40 years old)
    3. davem1955
      davem1955
      (65 years old)
    4. matteson83
      matteson83
      (37 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...