IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

Some notes from hitting the ball decently well this past weekend in Virginia. 

Backswing
1. Start swing with right hip back. 
2. Add a small bit hinge and height with arms.

Downswing
1. Turn and get right side through.
2. Straighten left leg sooner, get a bit more extension. 
3. Try to hit the ball left.

Overall things turned out well. If I didn't do the downswing well enough I would hit slight pushes right and fat some of my irons. When I did the downswing stuff better, the ball flight is pretty neutral, maybe slight pulls from time to time. 

• Like 3
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went up to Erie for the first lesson of 2021! Just a summary of things I worked on.  Setup 1. Less upper body axis tilt 2. Less hands pushed forward 3. Weight more 50/50 Bet

Went up to Erie, PA for a lesson today :) Set up adjustment First was adjusting my set up to help me with my backswing and downswing. More axis tilt away from the target at address. Le

Went up to Erie today for the beginning of the year check on the swing.  Backswing looked the best it had to start a season. So, good progress there.  What I am working on now is the pitch o

Posted Images

Since I can't post more than once in the 2021 goals thread. I wanted to add a new goal here. 

Have a more positive opinion of my golf game. I want to just have a more positive narrative about myself and my golf game in 2021. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
55 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Since I can't post more than once in the 2021 goals thread. I wanted to add a new goal here. 

Have a more positive opinion of my golf game. I want to just have a more positive narrative about myself and my golf game in 2021. 

Good.

If you give me the post ID #, I can add it to your post.

It’s the number at the end when you click “share”:

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/34167-my-swing-saevel25/?do=findComment&comment=1517867

56 minutes ago, iacas said:

Good.

If you give me the post ID #, I can add it to your post.

It’s the number at the end when you click “share”:

https://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/34167-my-swing-saevel25/?do=findComment&comment=1517867

• 1 month later...

Some non slow mo video

overall, I like the swings. Much better. I also like the rhythm the shifting left at A1 gives the swing. It just looks like the swing flows better. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Went up to Erie on Sunday. 

Primary - Continue to work on back left hand away from body in the backswing. Club more vertical at A3
Secondary - Into impact, left knee bumps left a bit, left hip goes back and left leg straightens sooner. 

I got fitted for an entire set of PXG clubs. I only bought the driver 😉

Irons - 0211-ST, C-TAPER 130g X-Stiff soft stepped once
3-Wood - 0341-Prototype, Tensei CK Blue 80TX
0811-Prototype, Tensei CK Blue 70TX

My current irons are Srixon with C-TAPER 130g X-Stiff (no step). They were really close. I would probably gained like 3 yards with my irons on optimal strikes. Since they were close enough I am sticking with the irons for another season. 

The 3-wood was way too expensive with the custom shaft for me. I think I can find a golf shaft for my current 3-wood to make it work better. I do like my current 3-wood alot. 

The driver was the biggest issue. I didn't realize how much I was spraying the ball due to the golf shaft flexing inconsistently. With more speed comes greater dispersion. I felt like this was a good deal for me. The driver came out 8 months ago. It was like $150 off. The custom golf shaft was $150. So, I got something fitted really good for the cost of the newest driver with a stock shaft. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

Secondary - Into impact, left knee bumps left a bit, left hip goes back and left leg straightens sooner. 

Left knee extends faster, later. Not sooner. Early flexing is why it has to re-flex or sag or bounce.

• 4 weeks later...

Played 9 holes, first time swinging a club in 6 weeks. Good thing is my right side felt normal. Overall, happy with how things went. As I slowly got my golf muscles stretched out, the swing was pretty good. I want 1 over on the last 6 holes. 

Swing feels..

1. Slight sway back in the backswing
2. Top of left hand facing out at A3
3. Tried to feel a bit more of the left leg stuff, but wasn't overly focusing on it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On the course update...

driver- big low heel blocks right or decent shots down the middle. Swing fees tilty back too much.

irons- not to solid. Feels a bit tilty back like the driver.

pitching good. Putting good. 

Struggling with getting my weight forward. Drivers a big push slices or very good. Irons are mix of fat, thin, or very good.

sometimes it feels like I can’t turn through.

1 hour ago, iacas said:

More flow needed?

You need to use more video.

I think so. Might be too much right and not enough left. 

I will get more video when I get back home from vacation. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

I will get more video when I get back home from vacation. 

It's possible to video golf swings on a range or, even, on the course! 🙂