IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

So, if I just tame my overswing I could have a handicap like yours? :-P  Obviously not, I don't have nearly the right impact position. Though I never thought that having the ball too far back in my stance would be the cause of my flipping at the ball. In all honesty, it is nice to know that making a small*ish* change to my swing like shortening my backswing could result in some major improvements in striking like you've indicated. If you could be honest with me here, Matt, how much of my problem would you say is simply a product of my overswing?

An easy way to tell is to go play 9 holes swinging 66.66666667% and see what your score is.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

An easy way to tell is to go play 9 holes swinging 66.66666667% and see what your score is.

But I can only swing at 66.6666667% at the absolute lowest!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Putting stroke :no:

SO UGLY!!! I couldn't hit anything consistent at all. Just terrible feeling trying to put right now

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I recognize that putting green.

It looks like your through stroke is a but longer than your back stroke.

Well one problem is I can't take my putter back consistently the same. Sometimes I want to take it to the outside, it just gets all terrible feeling. That and I heel a TON of putts as well.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Again, re: Ernest Jones, you're leaning too far left at setup. No one good does that.

Right shoulder lower a bit, tilt more rightward, weight more evenly distributed.

Graeme's no.2 in strokes gained putting this year. Luke is no.6 I think:

Snedeker: He's not leaning leftward. Right shoulder lower.

You'll notice Brad Faxon leans his lower body a little leftward like you do, but his upper center is tilted the other direction.

Grip's another thing you may want to look into as well at some point. Perhaps more unified hands.

Constantine

I think widening my stance might help a bit.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

Two problems, easy to fix:

SAM PuttLab will show you the way to putting enlightenment.

On Sunday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Two problems, easy to fix:

SAM PuttLab will show you the way to putting enlightenment.

On Sunday.

I NEED SAM!!!

I don't know why, but the line, "SAM PuttLab will show you the way to putting enlightenment." just cracked me up.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

I NEED SAM!!!

You don't need SAM.

SAM will just make it easier for you to get where you need to go more quickly and accurately.

Your problems are pretty evident without a $6k putting contraption. :-)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You don't need SAM. SAM will just make it easier for you to get where you need to go more quickly and accurately. Your problems are pretty evident without a $6k putting contraption. :-)

$6k for a machine that tells you how bad you suck?!!! I offer that service for free. ;-)

- Shane

[quote name="iacas" url="/t/34167/my-swing-saevel25/240#post_1007706"] You don't need SAM. SAM will just make it easier for you to get where you need to go more quickly and accurately. Your problems are pretty evident without a $6k putting contraption. :-)

$6k for a machine that tells you how bad you suck?!!! I offer that service for free. ;-)[/quote] Will you tell me? So I can feel like I got something expensive for free. Should be easy enough for you.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

Guys, I did say without the machine.

It just measures things far, far more accurately than you can do with your eyes.

Guys, I did say without the machine.

It just measures things far, far more accurately than you can do with your eyes.

Pretty much, but using fancy technology is so much fun :-D

By the two images you posted I am going to guess,

First, that wrist angle in my left hand is probably not very good for a putting stroke.

Second, the putter head ascends to much in the backswing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

By the two images you posted I am going to guess,

First, that wrist angle in my left hand is probably not very good for a putting stroke.

Second, the putter head ascends to much in the backswing.

Nope.

Stop guessing. :)

Nope.

Stop guessing. :)

Dah, oh well. :whistle:

I guess for my golf league tonight I might just speed my putting process up, just give it whack before my mind starts going onto different tangents on what is going wrong. Instinctual putting!!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
Dah, oh well. :whistle: I guess for my golf league tonight I might just speed my putting process up, just give it whack before my mind starts going onto different tangents on what is going wrong. Instinctual putting!!!

Pick a spot 4 inches in front of the ball and roll it over that.

Pick a spot 4 inches in front of the ball and roll it over that.

Will try to!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag