IGNORED

How many holes in one have you had?

billysandy
Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was literally about 2 rolls away from one.

I took a pic of the ball, the hole, and the pitch mark it made on the green w/ my cell phone.

It's been my wallpaper on my cell phone ever since.

Everytime I use it, I get reminded of how close I came.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Zero.

I've had a few hole-outs from the fairway - including two in consecutive rounds last summer - but never from the tee. I've mashed the hole a few times (~ an inch from landing in the cup on the fly) but I can't even say how many those resulted in a 2. Oh well, life goes on.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

2 (11 years between aces)

First Ace:
145 Yard 2nd Hole at Montrose, CO Golf Club. Hit a solid wedge right into the sun, didn't see anything but thought I hit it well. Got up to the green, saw a huge pitch mark two feet behind the hole, ball was sitting in it. Bing!

Second Ace
197 Yard 17th Hole At Prairieview Golf Club, Byron IL. Slightly elevated green, hit 6 iron and it was all over the stick. Didn't see it go in but the people on the 18th above the hole saw the hole thing. They started hollering. It was pretty cool. Birdied 18 to beat my friend by one stroke that day.

Best shot I've ever seen though? My friends double eagle on a par 5. I don't have any of those, not really even close.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

Two. In 1995. Zero since.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

None, and I've resigned myself to the fact it will never happen. Much easier that way LOL

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I have had none!!! I have had one hit the bottom of the hole and bounce out as well as a few lip outs. To compound my frustrations on this, I have two double eagles to my credit on par 5s. One from 214 and one from 170.

Driver - 454 Comp 8.5 degree w/ Mitsubishi SL-45 Rayon shaft
3 Wood - F-speed 13 degree w/ Aldilla NV shaft
Hybrid - Fli-Hi Iron 18 degree w/ Rifle shaft
Irons - MP-33 Forged Blades w/ S300 True Temper Steel shafts
Wedges - 52, 54, 58 degree Vokey Spin MilledPutter - G2i 35inBall - Pro V1x...

None, but I've been ridiculously close to one. It was on our short par 3, on the last, I took an 8 iron. I thought I'd hit it awful, cos it went very, very low, and ended up rolling along the floor before it got to the green. Next thing I know, it's sitting on the lip. I could literally have blown it, and it would've gone down. So annoying!

Ben

I've had two, both were last season. The first was a 210 slightly downhill 5 iron. I was playing as a single and caught up to a threesome on that hole, so atleast I had witnesses. The second was during our Sunday morning bestball, 145 9 iron. It won me a couple hundred dollars cash and some proshop credit.

BAG UNDER 4 inferno red/white
DRIVER TOUR SS 310 BETA TITANIUM 10.5
3-WOOD SZ HYPER STEEL
HYBRID 503 H 19*
IRONS TA7 WEDGES OIL CAN 52 AND 56 PUTTER M4-L

I have been golfing for 16 years and I haven't had one yet. I have come about as close as FX's avatar pic. It was heart breaking.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

None...but do have a double eagle to my claim to fame :) scorecard and witnesses thank god hahaha

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I've had 2, hence my name. First was playing a par 3 course by myself. Short hole, only 102 yards and one hopped it in with a gap wedge. Luckily a couple on the next tee saw it go in so I had a witness and could get it in the local paper. Second one was during a demonstration where I was a counselor at a golf camp. The pro was going over swing plane on a par 3 and was using me as a subject. He asked me to hit one to demonstrate and I did, and aced it 140 yards with a 9 iron. Needless to say the kids were super impressed and it was fun pretending like I did that all the time.

When I was on my high school team I played against a guy that aced the 2 par threes that we played. It was crazy! Needless to say, he beat me, by 3 shots. Other than that I've witnessed two others in my life, one bounced out of the woods and rolled in and the other was just a perfect two bounce then check and in the hole.

BAG UNDER 4 inferno red/white
DRIVER TOUR SS 310 BETA TITANIUM 10.5
3-WOOD SZ HYPER STEEL
HYBRID 503 H 19*
IRONS TA7 WEDGES OIL CAN 52 AND 56 PUTTER M4-L

Very lucky to have had an ace at my club, 8th hole uphill par 3 176 yards to elevated green. Took a light 5 wood didnt even see it fall in the cup! My playing partner putted out while i was looking for my ball & seen mine in the hole :)

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

When I was on my high school team I played against a guy that aced the 2 par threes that we played. It was crazy! Needless to say, he beat me, by 3 shots. Other than that I've witnessed two others in my life, one bounced out of the woods and rolled in and the other was just a perfect two bounce then check and in the hole.

Madness! It's obviously very rare to get 2 hole-in-ones in a lifetime from this thread...and that guy got 2 in a round?!

Ben

Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!