IGNORED

How many holes in one have you had?

billysandy
Note: This thread is 2573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One last year.
Was playing alone so ddint count in the books.
made one 14 years ago on a par 3 short course but it was a rabbit killer that went in.

Made eagle last year similar way, rabbitkiller that ended up in hole.
Might use those more since they tend to go in.

Robert Something

Sorry if this is dumb, but what is a rabbitkiller shot? Is that a Swedish expression or does everyone use it? Because I've never heard it.

Ben

Sorry if this is dumb, but what is a rabbitkiller shot? Is that a Swedish expression or does everyone use it? Because I've never heard it.

Im guessing it s a "wormburner"...IE: it barely leaves the ground, or just skiffing the top of the ground

Hole in One - sadly none for me...been real close Next best thing was an eagle from 165 yds out - one hop and in
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

The closest I've gotten was on a par 3, probably about 150 to 160 yards. The green was a bit lower than the tee box. I carried a 7i to the front of the green and the ball ended about 5 feet from the hole. Not very close, but I don't think I've done better than that.

Not that it matters in this thread, but a ball hit to a downhill green will actually get less roll, not more. The approach angle is more vertical because of the lower elevation.

This is indeed true if it lands on a flat service. My point was "if it lands going downhill". I didn't know if that first bounce was possible on the end lip of a sloping fairway or on the lip of a green with a harsh initial slope.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• 6 years later...

I have hit 2 hole in ones in my 30 years of playing golf. First one was a thin pitching wedge that dropped 30 feet before  the hole on the green and had enough spin to slow down and hit the pin and go in. BUT i didn't mean to hit it thin ...lol

2nd one was a perfect 7 iron 165 yards away three feet past the pin and spun back!

• Upvote 1

I have none.

I can't say I can remember any really even that close.  Maybe 5' was the closest for me?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

None yet, but I am hopeful. Came very close once, a few inches away. It was a skulled 6 iron about 160 yards, nothing but luck but I would have taken it.

Edited by Onetee

One. SW from around 100yrds. I've had several other close calls.

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Big ol' goose egg. 

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Closest I came was nailing the crap out of the base of the flag stick on a 145-yard par 3 (No. 3, Community Dales Course, Dayton, OH). The ball bounced backward and darn near went in the water hazard.

• Upvote 1

I have 3: 

My first was when I was 12. It was 150yd and I hit a 3 wood. I thought it went in the hole but I couldn't tell until we got there. 

My second is my favorite because my dad witnessed it. I hit a wedge from 110 about 20' behind the hole and spun it back in. It was fun to watch it disappear. It felt like slow motion watching it track towards the hole. 

My third was a 230yd  3 hybrid. Beautiful high draw that landed about 10' in front of the hole then rolled in like a putt. 

Picture of #3

20160606_103804.jpg

• Upvote 3

I have 1.  I thinned a 9 Iron from about 125 out.  Luckily, it hit about 20 feet in front of the green, which slowed it down enough to go in.  If it would have hit the green first, it would have gone over and into the tree line behind the green.

• Upvote 1

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

0,as in zero. In 40 years of playing at various skill levels.

I've had a few stop 6 inches from the hole but none find the bottom of the cup.

• Upvote 1

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

None.  I played my first round in 1966 and have been within tap-in range on occasion; but never had one drop.

• Upvote 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Zilch, zip, nada. 

The closest I ever came was an afternoon 9 hole round after work. I was playing by myself and bladed a 6 iron directly into the setting sun. I couldn't see anything, but the contact was bad so I wasn't expecting much. Imagine my surprise to find the ball 2 inches from the hole. Just a single revolution from dropping. 

I'm probably the only guy who can say he was actually relieved that his hole in 1 didn't drop.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 2573 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!