IGNORED

How many holes in one have you had?

billysandy
Note: This thread is 2572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played for over 35 years before I got my first one. Then two more since then. So my count is three. My wife has two and I told her to hurry up and get one so I can then get mine. I don't dare get another before she gets her third.

• Upvote 1

Two.  First at 152 and the second at @ 170. 

But my favorite hole out was from the tee box for par.  I smooged a tee shot directly into a pond cross connect pipe then dropped at the tee spot and hole it.  A good laugh by all back to the clubhouse.

Representative picture of the hole.

IMG_0277.JPG

Edited by Hatchman
  • Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

0 unfortunately. Closest I came was having a shot spin back and kick out due to the pin not being put back in all the way. 

• Upvote 1

I've had two.  First was in 1984, playing with my then-fiancee's father at his club.  About 145 yards, downhill 8-iron, saw it bounce twice and then roll in.  Next was 30 years later, 2014, at my home club.  174 yards, uphill, 4-iron, I could tell it was a good shot, but it was a total surprise to find it in the hole.  I hope I don't have to wait 30 years for the next one.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I have 1, Downhill 165 YD Par 3 6th hole Bangor Municipal Golf Course, got it in 1981. Was 17, been close many times since but just that one.

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

0 so far in 7yrs but I have gotten really close...Honestly, I don't get too excited when the ball lands really close to the hole if it was luck more than skill. Like a long roll, a funny bounce and such.... now if the swing was great and I was aiming at the spot, then I'm happy.

I hate when people say....great shot! after I skull the ball and it lands really close to the hole...I'm like..what? ...of course, then  they top it off with "better lucky than good"..then I just want to hit them on the head!

Edited by Hategolf

3 The first one didn't really count because I was alone. The other two were on the same hole about six weeks apart. I also made par on a par three where I hit my first shot in a hazard, re teed, and holed the next one.

• iacas changed the title to How many holes in ones do you have?
  • Administrator

you big jerk. :-)

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Big Zero for me. :~(:~(

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Just now, saevel25 said:

Big Zero for me. :~(:~(

Same here. It's the greens keepers fault for not putting the hole in the right place. I've found my ball sitting on an old hole several times if that tells you anything. 

- Shane

0 for me, unfortunately. 

Came close a few times. Once, I bladed a nine iron from 160 to the front edge of the green and it rolled and stopped at the edge of the cup, and another time I spun a wedge back down a hill and hit the cup and lipped out. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

had my first hole out on a par 4 last month for eagle.

strangely i did on the same hole i aced on my 2nd competitive round (283 meter par 4).

still no aces on par 3 except a couple on pitch and putt courses

Big fat 0 so far for me.  I've come super close a few times.  Even had one pitch just past the hole, spin back and lipped out.  Thankfully that one didn't drop because I was by myself.

Driver: Cobra FlyZ | 9.5 Degrees Draw | Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec
Fairway Wood: Cobra F7 3-4 Wood | 14.5 degrees | Fujikura Pro 65
Hybrid: Cobra F7 3-4H | 19 degrees | Fujikura Pro 75H
Irons: Srixon Z545 (4-Iron) | Srixon Z 765 (5-PW)
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 | 50 F Grind | 54 M Grind | 58 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 1W WBW

18 hours ago, iacas said:

you big jerk. :-)

This.^^ I did see one. Downhill par 3 about 155 over water. 

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

I made one last year from 145 yards playing in  a business competition.

Also two hands full of 'almost'. One during strokeplay club championship 3 inches away. And two were hits against the flagstick.

And the funniest was during a 3 day tournament in Italy. The first day I was playing together with someone I knew, he taught I was nuts grabbing my 7 wood on a 140y downhill par 3. But I hit it within 2 feet, to win a 2 by 2y replica of a painting. Sadly I was 800 miles from home driving my 2 seater BWM Z4. There was just enough space for my golfbag... :~(

Note: This thread is 2572 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!