IGNORED

Do you wear a glove when playing golf?

Note: This thread is 2182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Gloves  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a glove?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I do for everything except for putting like a lot of people here... not for the feel or the grip, though, but simply because I get blisters out the wazoo when I don't wear one.

In my bag:
'07 Burner (10.5*) Driver
Unknown model 3 & 5 Woods (next to get replaced)
Rescue (21*) Hybrid
Di7 4i-GW 56/08 Oil Can Wedge Rossa Blade Putter NXT Tour Balls

Up until last week...I lost mine, fell out of my back pocket and didn't realize it until I was on the next tee box, looked back to see if it was there and it was gone :( So recently I've been going without one and haven't really seen a difference except for a small blister on my left middle finger right where it meets the hand.

Glove for everything except putting. I have never been able to get the right feel gripping my putter with a glove on. Until a couple years ago I would take it off for shots inside ~40 yards, but I slowly began to forget to remove it and now it is always a part of me away from the green.

Titleist 917D3 - Fujikura 74 > Titleist 917F2 - Diamana 80 > Mizuno MP Fli Hi 3iron > Mizuno MX300 4-6 iron > MP58 7-PW > Titleist SM6 - 52, 56, 60 > Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport Mid Slant > TaylorMade TP5x

i lost mine one time when i was in high school... was too broke to buy a new one... so i just never did... freddy couples style biatch!!

Tour Burner 9.0 Reax Stiff
X-Speed 3+ Aldila DVS Stiff
S57 Blades... Rifle 6.0 Flighted
CG12 Black Wedges 52, 56, 60
Craze-E Orig ProV1x UPro

No glove here. I have nothing against them other than being a waste of money for me - there was no discernable performance difference so why wear one?

+1 for me

Used to wear one years ago but got tired of the $ and better feel without one.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My good friend who went way down the road to be a PGA Pro (not touring) told me that the pro he was an apprentice for told him he should wear a glove because they sell them in the pro shop. I have no clue if that is the prevailing thought of all PGA Pros. But my friend has played without a glove for as long as I have known him. (I did not golf with him back when he was trying to become a pro, he is 22 years older than me)

I wear a glove for everything but putting.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

I wear a glove for everything except for putting.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I wear one all times, try to remove it for putting. This thread seems to be good to vent my frustration on golf gloves. They are mostly cheapy in quality, and don't improve grip, IMHO. Just a blister preventer. Anyways, I am a natural lefty who golfs right handed. One of my former sports of younger days - racquetball - is more reliant on gloves than golf. It's been over a decade since I hit that court, & I won't play that for now but one thing I recall is the superior Quality and grip ability of racquetball gloves. They have "tackified leather" are more durable and are also made for heat dispersion.

So, my dilema now is I can't find the kind of l eft-handed racquetball glove I want in a sporting goods store locally! Tried a Sports Authority, Big 5, Dicks. My Ecktalon from the 90's had great sticky leather on the palm and lycra backing - it didn't tear like cheap golf gloves do and the control on a leather-handled racquet is something I would like to duplicate in golf. I have some tendency to lose control at the top of the swing, and regripping happens. That throws me off and sometime it results in sky shots or blocks out right. Next step is looking online for left-handed premium racquetball gloves. Any directional help is welcome.

In My Orlimar Arctic Cart Bag: (A Desert Survival tool)
Driver:MP-600 10.5 Fujikara 360 S
3w:2009 17 deg. Launcher Fujikara Gold R
Hybrids:MX-700 17 deg. Exsar FS4 R, G-10 21 deg. UST V-2 R
Irons: 5-pw MP-32 True Temper R300Chipper/wedge: 37 deg. IDEA A3OS ChipperGW:MP-t10 Black Satin 52.07SW: V...

I wear one pretty much all the time. No reason really, it's just something I've always done. I putt with it on too, I've tried it without the glove and it doesn't change anything so I don't bother to take it off.

I tried wearing one when I was just starting out on everything but wedge and putter. I ditched the glove and have never bought one since (only been playing for about 2yrs). It kind of got a little irritating taking it off between shots, and I didn't like leaving it on most of the time and getting sweaty. I get more feel of the club without one. I play the Winn PCi-TL so the grip wears a little fast. I'm planning to switch to the Golf Pride New Decade Multi-compound. I love the feel of the full corded grip on my putter, hopefully they don't feel like sandpaper when taking a full swing with no glove lol

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 ProLaunch Blue S 55

:callaway: X2 Hot 3W  |  X Hot Pro 16H  |  X2 Hot 19H

:callaway: Apex 4-PW Project X 5.0 Flighted   

vokey.gif SM4 50.12, SM5 55.11
:cameron: Del Mar  |  titleist.gif NXT Tour S  

No glove, unless its cold and then its to help keep my hands warm.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I wear a glove but not when pitching, chipping and bunker shots as I like more feel.

Oh an don't wear it putting of course :)

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I always wear a glove on every full shot. I take it off for putting, chipping, pitching, just about anything under 100 yards. I feel that it gives me more control of the delicate short shots when I am not wearing it.

My arsenal

Bag- SQ Tour Stand Bag
Driver- Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood- SQ Dymo 15* Stiff5 Wood- SQ Dymo 19* StiffIrons (3-PW)- Tour Preferred StiffWedges- 56.11* and 60.07*Putter- Method 003 34 Inches

I wear it all round...already have a golf glove TAN...sux lol, ive been trying to take it off between shots/holes to get my other hand to tan up a bit lol...not working haha

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

I always wear a glove on every full shot. I take it off for putting, chipping, pitching, just about anything under 100 yards. I feel that it gives me more control of the delicate short shots when I am not wearing it.

I think every shot from the tee to the cup is just as important - just as "delicate".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I tend to sweat. A lot. I end up sweating through a couple of gloves a round. Without them I end up gripping the club too tightly, which is not a good thing. So yes I wear gloves.
BTW there are a lot of glove threads already.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!