IGNORED

Donald Trump's World of Golf

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 4803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I actually really enjoyed it. The co-host was Blair O Neal from the Big Break PEI, she is actually one hell of a golfer herself. I agree with previous posters stating that it was to much Donald, commentary and face time. If he shut up and quit giving his opinion of every shot It would be twice as watchable. Was anyone else really surprised at how good of a golfer Lawrence Taylor was? He does not strike me as the golf type let alone a low single digit handicapper. And Lawrence has a great short game and seemed to get up and down alot and make some great putts. I actually really enjoy when they put celebrities up against each other in match play. I can see the pros play every weekend but not to often you get to see celebrities and pro athletes swing the club.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

I did not enjoy it at all. Thought it was pretty boring really. Whats funny is that Rice lost to LT and now he is going pro on the nationwide??? What a joke.

Driver - 454 Comp 8.5 degree w/ Mitsubishi SL-45 Rayon shaft
3 Wood - F-speed 13 degree w/ Aldilla NV shaft
Hybrid - Fli-Hi Iron 18 degree w/ Rifle shaft
Irons - MP-33 Forged Blades w/ S300 True Temper Steel shafts
Wedges - 52, 54, 58 degree Vokey Spin MilledPutter - G2i 35inBall - Pro V1x...

Biggest problem with the show is Trump. I hate playing with guys like him and I don't like watching him on TV as well. I keep waiting for a cheap Apprentice comment of "YOURE FIRED" when someone makes a bad shot.

I like the match play idea, and the celebs is okay as well. I hope it isn't just sports and movie stars. I would like to see some pro golfers as well.

The co-host is great, except donald doesn't let her speak. I think her job is to just look good, by the way she does that very well.
Driver: Spine Driver 9*
Driver: Launcher 10.5*
Fairway: Spine 3 & 5 Wood
Irons: Di5 1, 3 Irons
Irons: Di9 5, 7, 9, GW IronsSand Wedge: DFy SWLob Wedge: Sandy Andy 64*Putter: 8882Bag: Mickelson's Birdies for the Brave

The thing that's going to make the show a success is the guests. Hopefully the rest of the golfers will be as entertaining as Rice and LT.

they definatly had people reading the putts for them.

Driver: Taylormade R7
Wood: taylormade burner 3 wood
Hybrids: Jack Nicklaus 3 hybrid
Irons: Taylormade R9 TP 3-pw
Wedges: Taylormade r9 56* & Titliest Vokey 60* Putter: Odyssey WhiteHot XG #7 Ball: Nike one platinum & Bridgestone E6

I dont understand why everyone has so much hate for this show. It wasnt great but its TONS better than informicials!!

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

• 10 months later...

Trump's World of Golf, despite recently focusing more and more on the Donald, is currently the most entertaining reality program on TGC.  Mr. Trump has an outrageous ego/personality, but his enthusiasm and love for golf have won me over.  His show is multifaceted, sometimes its match play, sometimes its building a new course or renovating an established one.

Is it as good as Shell's Wonderful World of Golf, no way.  Because of the fees the top golfers require these days, I doubt see that show again.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I watched the one with George Lopz and Oscar De Lahoya (sp?)  The one thing I came away with is that George Lopez is a complete JERK.  What an   A-hole he was to Oscar.  I hate playing with guys that cheer when others do poorly or who "coach" their opponents ball to trouble spots.

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

I enjoyed the one w/ John Smoltz and Tom Glavine.  Those guys were both pretty good.

Its kinda funny to me, I don't care for Trump or Rush, but both of their shows on the golf channel are my favs.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I find myself watching these shows when i am sitting down with a drink...  I would say i still enjoyed the shell version more then trump's, he is just a little to much for me when i am trying to relax and watch golf.  I feel he is a bad commentator, hopefully the ratings show this and he settles down a bit.

I enjoy most Golf Channel programming, but two shows that actually make me change the channel to something else are the Haney Project (not impressed by Haney's teaching, didn't care for Romano's whininess, and cannot stand Rush) and Trump's show.     I agree that The Donald expresses a love of the game, but I find it hard to watch his ego trying to fit into a TV screen.    Just do not like the guy in any way.     And then this is combined with another thing I don't care for - celebrity golf.    I like watching very good golfers, but if I wanted to watch a couple mediocre (at best) golfers I can just look around the course when I'm playing.    Just because they're "celebrities" doesn't make it any more interesting as a spectator sport.

If Trump actually featured PGA, LPGA, European, or Champions tour players then I'd probably get over my dislike of Trump and watch anyway.    But as long as the show is about Trump's grandiose personality and a couple B or C list celebs trying to show off, I'll change the channel.

Originally Posted by Clambake

I enjoy most Golf Channel programming, but two shows that actually make me change the channel to something else are the Haney Project (not impressed by Haney's teaching, didn't care for Romano's whininess, and cannot stand Rush) and Trump's show.     I agree that The Donald expresses a love of the game, but I find it hard to watch his ego trying to fit into a TV screen.    Just do not like the guy in any way.     And then this is combined with another thing I don't care for - celebrity golf.    I like watching very good golfers, but if I wanted to watch a couple mediocre (at best) golfers I can just look around the course when I'm playing.    Just because they're "celebrities" doesn't make it any more interesting as a spectator sport.

If Trump actually featured PGA, LPGA, European, or Champions tour players then I'd probably get over my dislike of Trump and watch anyway.    But as long as the show is about Trump's grandiose personality and a couple B or C list celebs trying to show off, I'll change the channel.

this is very true, Trump needs better golfers.  The Marky Mark and Johnny Drama match was worse than matches I play with my friends when we've been drinking all day.  Same for Bettis and Dr. J.    My fav was Smoltz and Glavine, since they're both scratch players and played well.    Still though, I like Trumps attention to detail at his courses.  I've been tempted to spend the $$$$$$$$$ to play his PV course.  Maybe I can find a discount...

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Note: This thread is 4803 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!