IGNORED

Stanley Cup 2010

PuttPutt
Note: This thread is 5052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You don't know Luongo very well do you... he can rise to the occasion. Canucks will get past the Blackhawks, they've got the team and the Blackhawks are taking them too lightly.

I know Luongo well enough. He's one of the most overrated goalies in the NHL.

You really didn't watch a lot of hockey down the stretch, did you!!?!?

Actually, I did. The Wings are a team of older players and its showing in that it took them 7 games to get past Nashville and that the Sharks are using them as their whipping boys. I have a lot of respect for the Red Wings (used to be a huge Red Wings fan, actually) but they are far from being a contender for the Cup this year.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Luongo well enough. He's one of the most overrated goalies in the NHL.

just curious what qualifies you to give that answer, that seems to be a stock answer most people give when asked about him. He doesn't have the best save percentage, or GAA, but when he needs to make a big save he does... that's what counts.

Doesn't really matter, he's the one with the Gold Medal hanging around his neck

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

What, "qualifies" me to give that answer? Really? Really??? What qualifies any of us to give any opinions on hockey. We're all just fans. Whatever.
Luongo isnt the reason Canada won the gold. Infact, he almost cost Canada the gold medal. You could have put just about anyone at the net and the result would have been the same. Luongo does make some spectacular saves but he also puts himself out of position a lot, which forces him to make said saves. For as many great saves as he makes, he gives up just as many soft goals. Luongo is a 30 year old player who has never won a Stanley Cup, much less even made it to the SCF. Other than the gold medal, he hasnt really ever won any championships that matter. Also, he's a diver and he whines to the refs a lot. (and the stuff that he whines about other people doing, he himself is guilty of doing all the time). Luongo used to not be like that, but he feels that he got screwed by the refs a lot, so he started whining and diving.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Blackhawks win 5-3. Woot!!! If the Canucks dont get their act together in the next game, this series is all but over!

Another tough loss for Philly tonight. I really expected them to put up much more of a fight but Boston seems to have their number in this series.

Actually, I did. The Wings are a team of older players and its showing in that it took them 7 games to get past Nashville and that the Sharks are using them as their whipping boys. I have a lot of respect for the Red Wings (used to be a huge Red Wings fan, actually) but they are far from being a contender for the Cup this year.

I didn't want to get rude, but you're confirming my original assessment of your hockey knowledge.

Do you know which team had the best record in the NHL after the Olympic break? The Detroit Red Wings who finally had the last of their 9 missing starters back from injury. Do you know who else had a great record after he Olympic break to clinch the 4th seed? The Phoenix Coyotes , who Detroit beat in round one. Maybe you're thinking of 2008 when they beat Nashville in round 1?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Sharks v Canucks will be a good Western Final. Nabokov v Luongo is be a good battle.

In my bag:

One for slicing
One for hooking
One for knocking it in the cup

Sharks v Canucks will be a good Western Final. Nabokov v Luongo is be a good battle.

for sure... as long as the Canucks play like the team they are instead of a bunch of misfits like last night.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

geezzz... that game last night was brutal on the Canucks part. Can you say outplayed...... I really like the Nucks but the Hawks are just clearly the better team and you can sure see how your goaltender does not need to be a 7+Mil a year player (Neimi). I sure hope they can fight back and find the strenght, because they are being overpowered, over worked, out shot, out hit and just plain shut down. And seriously can someone please run their goalie for a change, im getting tired of seeing Luongo getting a shot or a push in the net and anytime we get around their goalie we just say...oopsss, sorry, thanks for saving my weak ass shot

Go Nucks!!

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

I didn't want to get rude, but you're confirming my original assessment of your hockey knowledge.

Youre not being rude at all. I honestly couldnt care less about your little, "assessment" of my hockey knowledge. Youre right, it was Phoenix not Nashville. My mistake. I can admit when Im wrong.

geezzz... that game last night was brutal on the Canucks part. Can you say outplayed...... I really like the Nucks but the Hawks are just clearly the better team and you can sure see how your goaltender does not need to be a 7+Mil a year player (Neimi). I sure hope they can fight back and find the strenght, because they are being overpowered, over worked, out shot, out hit and just plain shut down. And seriously can someone please run their goalie for a change, im getting tired of seeing Luongo getting a shot or a push in the net and anytime we get around their goalie we just say...oopsss, sorry, thanks for saving my weak ass shot

Did you see that play where one of he Hawks sprayed snow in Luongo's face? Brutal.

Habs make it a best of three; Pens didn't bury them early. As a Habs fan, they continue to surprise me, but they are playing as such a team right now with passion. Halak, well another great night. Here's hoping!

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Habs make it a best of three; Pens didn't bury them early. As a Habs fan, they continue to surprise me, but they are playing as such a team right now with passion. Halak, well another great night. Here's hoping!

Amen to that, the Habs are putting up a great fight. Im cheering for them to win this series. Part of me wants to think that if the Habs make it past Pittsburgh they will probably get dismantled by the Bruins, but then again no one thought they could beat Washington or would be able to hang with the Pens, so who knows. Either way, the Habs have a lot to be proud of!

Speaking of surprises, hellooooooo Red Wings! Either the Sharks stopped taking them seriously or the Wings finally showed up. Its going to be interesting to see if the Wings can keep going, especially going into a must-win situation in the shark tank.

Speaking of surprises, holy Red Wings! Either the Sharks stopped taking them seriously or the Wings finally showed up. Its going to be interesting to see if the Wings can keep going, especially going into a must-win situation in the shark tank.

A surprising win in the memory of Ernie Harwell laid out nearby at Comerica Park tonight.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Go Sharks!!!!

Now the wait for their next victim. :) Canucks are battling to force game 7.

Go Sharks!

In my bag:

One for slicing
One for hooking
One for knocking it in the cup

Go Sharks!!!!

The Sharks look really good right now. It will be interesting to see how they match up against Vancouver/Chicago. Im thinking its going to be Chicago but we'll see...

It will definitely be chicago....... Canucks are so hot and cold and I think last nights game was just a blip, but hopefully I am wrong.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

It will definitely be chicago....... Canucks are so hot and cold and I think last nights game was just a blip, but hopefully I am wrong.

I hope so too... but I just don't think the Canuck's can put 3 games in a row together like that, or Chicago play 3 games so poorly...

Cheers, Allan

Here we go to game 7! Go Habs Go!!!

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Note: This thread is 5052 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!