IGNORED

Stanley Cup 2010

PuttPutt
Note: This thread is 5054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There is an interesting article up here that asks, who has the best come back story of the year the Habs, knocking off the best team in the NHL and the Defending Stanley Cup champs or the Flyers with their 3-0 series deficit over the Bruins?

Habs. They beat the Caps and then beat the Pens. IMO, thats more impressive than the Flyers coming back from being down 3-0 to the Bruins.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to go with the HABS because they knocked off both the CAPS and the PENS, with no where near as good a team as Philly has, plus HABS are seated in 8th and beat the 1st seed and then knocked off the PENS. The Bruins and Flyers were pretty well matched up.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

• Administrator
I would have to go with the HABS because they knocked off both the CAPS and the PENS, with no where near as good a team as Philly has, plus HABS are seated in 8th and beat the 1st seed and then knocked off the PENS. The Bruins and Flyers were pretty well matched up.

Uhm, plus you're Canadian. Gee.

Coming back from down 0-3 is BY FAR the more impressive feat. Look at how many times it had been done before: twice. They only added to the accomplishment by coming back from down 3-0 in game seven!
There is an interesting article up here that asks, who has the best come back story of the year the Habs, knocking off the best team in the NHL and the Defending Stanley Cup champs or the Flyers with their 3-0 series deficit over the Bruins?

The Caps aren't the best team in the NHL. They're not built for playoff hockey. They had the most points, but that doesn't make 'em the best team. The best teams at least occasionally make it to a conference final...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Uhm, plus you're Canadian. Gee.

Well I am going off the regular season stats because thats what I would base a teams position off of. Because I am Canadian has nothing to do with the fact that I feel the HABS had the harder route and the best play this playoffs, just how I see it. If this was the Canucks I would of course be bias

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

I'm going with the Habs, I wonder why

That being said, I think the 8th seed knocking off the President's Trophy winners and the defending Cup champs is unheard of. Coming back from 3-0 had been done twice before. I do know for sure that this is the first time the number 7& 8 seeds have met in a conference final.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Oh Bruins, where did I go wrong with thee.....

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Oh Bruins, where did I go wrong with thee.....

Considering all the championships that Boston teams have won in recent years, you dont have anything to complain about. Besides, you guys currently are the NCAA mens' hockey champions.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Considering all the championships that Boston teams have won in recent years, you dont have anything to complain about. Besides, you guys currently are the NCAA mens' hockey champions.

The Bs haven't won the cup since the early 70s - almost 40 years. Came close v. the Oilers, but no dice.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator
I hope the Blackhawks win at this point.. was pulling for the Canucks, but they fell apart as usual :(

I'm pulling for San Jose, but that's only because the ideal scenario won't happen: Marian Hossa losing a third consecutive Stanley Cup Final. If the Hawks get to the final, they'll win, and probably easily.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The Bs haven't won the cup since the early 70s - almost 40 years. Came close v. the Oilers, but no dice.

True, but when you look at the state as a whole, Boston has done pretty well in sports in recent years. It doesnt take away the sting of losing if you're a Bruins fan though...

True, but when you look at the state as a whole, Boston has done pretty well in sports in recent years. It doesnt take away the sting of losing if you're a Bruins fan though...

Was going for Boston but letting philly come back like that was rediculous, Philly is just a cinderella, it'll be a fluke if they beat the habs too.. which it looks like their gona do. Habs vs. Chicago in the final and it'd be worth watching and

and a great story.. but Canadiens vs. Philly(who) would be a great story. Chicago's looking great, if only the Cans could comeback, i guess we'll see though. Damn, shoulda picked Toews in my pool =/. 1 sad and bitter Canucks fan.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Was going for Boston but letting philly come back like that was rediculous, Philly is just a cinderella, it'll be a fluke if they beat the habs too.. which it looks like their gona do. Habs vs. Chicago in the final and it'd be worth watching and

The Habs winning the cup would be a very popular win, IMO but I dont see it happening. Im yet to see anything from the Habs that would lead me to believe that they can beat the Flyers.

My money is still on the Hawks winning the cup. If it ends up being Philly/Chi-town in the SCF, Chicago wins that series 4-2, IMO. Im not ready to give Chicago the cup just yet though. Theres a lot of hockey yet to be played and anything could happen. The Sharks are a very good team and could easily come back and win the series, especially if the Hawks take the win for granted and get lazy.

The Hawks sure are looking good. They are absolutely dominating the puck right now. If they play another game like that in Chicago this series is over.

Actually, they need to play 2 more games like that.

I am so loving watching the Hawks/Sharks series. Both great skating teams with great offensive players. Hawks seem just a bit better in every aspect of the game though. Wont count out a team with as much offensive talent as SJ but Niemi has been tough.

Seems tough to bet against Philly at this point when they haven;t allowed a goal yet. They have gotten in Halaks face and played a style that the Pens and Caps didn't or were unwilling to do. Plus having come back from 3-0 down I don't see them taking that "foot off the pedal" and letting Montreal back in the series.

Hawks - Flyers final - Sounds like a great series.

Really looking forward to Saturday's game; hopefully the Habs win and make it a best of 3. They were impressive tonight; a lot of standing around and turn overs by the Flyers.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Note: This thread is 5054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!