Sign in to follow this  
BallStriker

Trump Golf -- Lopez v. De La Hoya

Note: This thread is 3875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 posts / 2074 viewsLast Reply

Anyone watch this? I can't help but mention one specific moment for anyone who watched it.....they are on the 14th or 15th hole (a par 3) and Lopez asks if Suzzanne Petterson (the guest referee) if she can show the way......then Trump jumps in and says, hey c'mon Suzzane, we'll each hit a ball.......as he is doing this, he walks behind Petterson toward the tee box and smacks her on the ass with the back of his hand and says c'mon....just totally classic.....only Trump.

I'm sure I'll be in the minority in this but I was more impressed and saw more potential in DeLaHoya's game than Jerry Rice's. Especially when he stuck that pitch and rolled it back on the 18th hole under pressure. That being said, I'd take Jerry's game any day. LOL!

I LOVE these shows, they are pure entertainment.....

First, you have The Donald, his arrogance, and his love of golf......next, you mix it in with celebs that are good athelets and damn good golfers that most of us can relate to.....you put them on amazing golf courses, let their personalities out, and have a little fun.....I like it....

On the first show, I loved the fact that LT delofted his 9 iron to about a 6 iron - Donald kept saying, "wow, he's 160 out and hitting only a 9 iron"......like LT, that guy is competetive....Jerry has a good game, that whole match was fun.....

De La Hoya has got to be one of the coolest guys on the planet......guy has a great attitude, very competetive, seemed to have some great insight, and was just fun to listen to.....just became a big fan of his.....Lopez is funnae and a pretty good golfer....

I'm gonna keep tuning in...."nobody wants to play golf on a hill....they want to play at a mountain, or a valley, not a hill"....LOL

Anyone watch this? I can't help but mention one specific moment for anyone who watched it.....they are on the 14th or 15th hole (a par 3) and Lopez asks if Suzzanne Petterson (the guest referee) if she can show the way......then Trump jumps in and says, hey c'mon Suzzane, we'll each hit a ball.......as he is doing this, he walks behind Petterson toward the tee box and smacks her on the ass with the back of his hand and says c'mon....just totally classic.....only Trump.

Yeah I caught that! LOL

She was better than the Rice/LT match referee (women long drive champion?) who I think said 1 word the whole time. BTW are they a referee? I am not sure what they are. I suspected they were there to add insight. But the Rice/LT women seriously said ZERO! I can imagine what the members of that private Philly course really were thinking when they listened to DT talk about the club and the changes he was going to make. One that he is an arrogant arse and two how much he would be raising their fees!!! LOLOLOL

I watched both last night as well. Pretty cool show, I thought Trump would make it lame, but he was pretty cool. I liked how he would put money on the line for certain holes for their charity. They did a great job of making both matches competitive and entertaining. I agree with the comments on De La Hoya, he was fun to watch and seemed like a cool guy.

The lady on the LT/Rice show was Blair from one of the Big Break shows... I liked the show also. I still can't get over how much De La Hoya was able to bring the ball back. He must strike the ball pretty damn pure!

Watched both shows last night. The Donald, despite his character flaws, certainly is entertaining, enthusiastic, and truly loves the game. LT definitely knows how to score well with a bad swing---wonder if he always putts that well.

The lady on the LT/Rice show was Blair from one of the Big Break shows... I liked the show also. I still can't get over how much De La Hoya was able to bring the ball back. He must strike the ball pretty damn pure!

Yeah I just googled her. Wow! That is her. The whole show I was trying to figure out who she was and why she was there. She is nice to look at but not much presonality (though Donald is pretty good at...make that an expert.....at over powering others).

This show real fun to watch. John Daly and Rocco Mediate are up next week.

Oh perfect! I'll definitely watch that one. DT might be arrogant but it just shows he knows what he wants when it comes down to business.

I really enjoyed it! I honestly had no idea that either of them were that good. I didn't think George Lopez took anything seriously. Haha. Very entertaining though, and man would I love to play that course. I would need about 2 balls a hole just to keep playing, but I would love to play it!

Note: This thread is 3875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!