IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LOL! Nice.

I'm so glad we're finally getting into conference play. That game against EMU was ridiculous. What a waste. I hope it doesn't get us in a mindframe to waltz through every week.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alabama will need to pick it up if they want to play for a title. I don't think they looked to hot against Arkansas. I actually think Arkansas gave them a gift.

What happened to Texas??

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Alabama will need to pick it up if they want to play for a title. I don't think they looked to hot against Arkansas. I actually think Arkansas gave them a gift.

What happened to 'Bama, Texas, Penn State and a few others?! I mean, at the rest of them got their wins but if I was a player, fan, or coach I'd be worried.

'Bama will step it up after that near miss. I'm happy to see Mallett performing well though after Rich Rod tossed him aside. Good for him. PSU better have a good season. I swear if they crap out and have a garbage record by the time we play them I'll personally smack my buddy (PSU fan). lol

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Alabama will be fine. In case any of you missed it, Arkansas was ranked #10 and playing at home. To be down 20-7 on the road and overcome all of the early mistakes to win, proves to me that this team has the attitude to do it all again. Teams from the Shula era would have folded like a cheap card table. Coach Saban simply won't let that happen. I also have a sneaking suspicion that he's had a talk with Jim McIlwain about the ridiculous play calling. Alabama's identity is running the ball, but we ran too many gimmicky plays.

If I were a Texas fan, on the other hand, I'd be very worried. Texas was playing at home and UCLA was 1-2. When Kevin Prince ran in for that touchdown, there were several Texas defenders that looked to have angles, but they simply gave up and let him score.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Alabama will be fine. In case any of you missed it, Arkansas was ranked #10 and playing at home. To be down 20-7 on the road and overcome all of the early mistakes to win, proves to me that this team has the attitude to do it all again. Teams from the Shula era would have folded like a cheap card table. Coach Saban simply won't let that happen. I also have a sneaking suspicion that he's had a talk with Jim McIlwain about the ridiculous play calling. Alabama's identity is running the ball, but we ran too many gimmicky plays.

We played a #10 ranked team too. :)

....granted we were at home but still, I'll relish in the fact that we won handily when so many said we couldn't do it. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

We played a #10 ranked team too. :)

I relish the fact that we played so poorly on defense, had a terrible offensive gameplan and still managed a win on the road against a highly ranked opponent. That's the kind of game that reveals - and defines - character in a team. The defense really grew up in the second half.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Is that an Ohio state fan telling another team to play someone?????

Is that a Gator fan questioning an Ohio State fan??? Seriously... dont say anything until UF does two things... travel out of state for a non conference game... and get the 1AA teams off your schedule.

13 Wedges
1 Putter

What happened to 'Bama, Texas, Penn State and a few others?! I mean, at the rest of them got their wins but if I was a player, fan, or coach I'd be worried.

Neither Texas or Penn State were expected to have big years this year. Granted Texas wasn't supposed to lose to UCLA either.

Rich Rod didn't toss Mallet aside. Mallet would never work in the read option offense that Rich Rod runs. He is a pure drop-back, pocket passer. Michigan would have been even worse with him under center. Mallet knew the this, and transferred to a system that could showcase his talent. Smart move by the kid. Especially to hook up with Petrino.

What's in my standbag:

Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5

Hybrids: Raylor

Irons:: JPX 800 4-GW

Wedges: SV Wedges 56/58/60

Putter: Monza Spyder

Oh, I didn't miss it (Alabama was #1, so that works both ways). Arkansas allowed Alabama to win. They had it if they hadn't made so many mistakes (that goes both ways). If Alabama plays Florida the same way, they lose. That's all I'm saying. They were sloppy and it showed. Play calling, defense, whatever you want to blame it on, it wasn't a #1 looking team IMO.

With that being said, they did come back and win, so that is a plus.

Bryan A

Oh, I didn't miss it (Alabama was #1, so that works both ways). Arkansas allowed Alabama to win. They had it if they hadn't made so many mistakes (that goes both ways). If Alabama plays Florida the same way, they lose. That's all I'm saying. They were sloppy and it showed. Play calling, defense, whatever you want to blame it on, it wasn't a #1 looking team IMO.

Arkansas didn't allow Alabama to win. Alabama stepped up when they needed to....scored when they needed to, made stops, and capitolized on TO's. That is what championship teams do.

What's in my standbag:

I was under the impression that Rich Rod dropped Mallett to 2nd string. I agree the move was made primarily by Mallett, and a good one at that, but Rich Rod is a tool regardless. Spineless the way he left WV.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

I was under the impression that Rich Rod dropped Mallett to 2nd string. I agree the move was made primarily by Mallett, and a good one at that, but Rich Rod is a tool regardless. Spineless the way he left WV.

He did drop him to 2nd string. But it was b/c he didn't fit his system.

What's in my standbag:

Arkansas didn't

Arkansas made some really poor decisions at QB and play calling. As did Alabama. I'm not putting your team down as I am pulling for them, but they just played like they thought they would cruise by Arkansas with no problems. Arkansas had the game won. They got in a position where they needed to be and started doing things that aren't in their arsenal. The pressure got to them and they folded. Alabama just stayed steady and did what they do. It looked like they stepped up because they played so poorly in the first half. The 2nd half was just normal Bama football.

Bryan A

Arkansas made some really poor decisions at QB and play calling. As did Alabama.

Not my team. As a matter of fact, I hate every team in the SEC. Just pointing out that championship teams step-up when their backs are placed against the wall. That is exactly what Alabama did.

What's in my standbag:

Not my team. As a matter of fact, I hate every team in the SEC. Just pointing out that championship teams step-up when their backs are placed against the wall. That is exactly what Alabama did.

It is what it is. Most Bama fans I have talked to don't think they stepped up....they think they got away with one.

Just out of curiosity, why do you "hate" every team in the SEC?

Bryan A

It is what it is. Most Bama fans I have talked to don't think they stepped up....they think they got away with one.

Over-hyped teams. Annoying fan bases. Takes cheating to a new level for success.

What's in my standbag:

Over-hyped teams. Annoying fan bases. Takes cheating to a new level for success.

Over hyped teams are college football period. I can agree with annoying fan bases. And cheating runs through college football period. I was just wondering.

Bryan A

Over hyped teams are college football period. I can agree with annoying fan bases. And cheating runs through college football period. I was just wondering.

Nothing in college football is as over-hyped as the SEC. You are correct, cheating does run through college football. However, the SEC takes it to a whole new level.

What's in my standbag:

Note: This thread is 4685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!