IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As a denzien of defense, I have to agree with yenner, Michigan v. Oregon would be boring.

Our teams come from the same upbringing. :)

OSU vs. 'Bama would be a good NCG I believe. I have to be 100% honest though...you guys scare me. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the TN vs Oregon game this weekend and Oregons offense was quick and they had a full press, on our defense. It was nasty...for us. GO ORANGE

Yeah, but UT was better than they showed. I feel like they gave up after the personal foul. It went down hill from there and I don't necessarily agree with that call. Oregon plays a very quick pace though. The good thing about UT is it seems to me like they have a great base to build on now. I just can't understand the lack of depth....did Kiffin do that or Fulmer?

As for "SEC is weaker this year but has

I probably worded the "always" statement wrong. It hasn't always been the strongest but it has been for a while. But with that being said, they do look weaker this year.
Our teams come from the same upbringing. :)

That would be a good game and it looks like that is how it will end up. Bama is strong!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That would be a good game and it looks like that is how it will end up. Bama is strong!

We'll see. I am a huge fan and it's easy for me to SAY we'll go undefeated but with night games on the road at Iowa and Wisonsin anything can happen honestly.

And I don't personally think he has a snowballs chance but God forbid if Robinson DOES rake up 300 rushing yards on us it'll be tough to come out with the W. It we shut down his running game though I think UM is done. His arm, while consistent, is weak. We'll see. I love college football. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

I'm an ole miss fan naturally because thats where i'm in college at. We bombed the first game horribly but we have the tools to make a great team this year. I think mosoli has upped our ante. Also i'm a bama fan. They are doing great so far. I'm sad ole miss lost dexter but glad he is doing well in the nfl for kansas. He made a 94 yard punt return monday night breaking a record for Kansas City Cheifs.

Bama does look strong; and is without a doubt the best team in the $EC. However, I'm still sticking with my original MNC prediction of tOSU vs Oklahoma. Both should finish undefeated; while Bama will have to beat Florida twice to get to the MNC. In other words, despite the $EC not being as tough this year, Bama's road is still tougher.

What's in my standbag:

Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5

Hybrids: Raylor

Irons:: JPX 800 4-GW

Wedges: SV Wedges 56/58/60

Putter: Monza Spyder

Bama does look strong; and is without a doubt the best team in the $EC. However, I'm still sticking with my original MNC prediction of tOSU vs Oklahoma. Both should finish undefeated; while Bama will have to beat Florida twice to get to the MNC. In other words, despite the $EC not being as tough this year, Bama's road is still tougher.

Bama will have no trouble beating Florida this year. Florida has fallen back a bit. They aren't the power house that they were. They, like a few teams in the SEC, have a young team. Bama rolls over Florida no matter how many times they play this year.

I actually think UT can beat Florida this year and the Vols have a young team as well.

Bryan A

Bama will have no trouble beating Florida this year. Florida has fallen back a bit. They aren't the power house that they were. They, like a few teams in the SEC, have a young team. Bama rolls over Florida no matter how many times they play this year.

Agreed. Florida is a flash in the pan. I predict they'll have a couple of good back to back seasons every 5-8 years but won't be a lasting powerhouse. They'll be top tiered, but the won't be one of the greats year in and year out.

Just my thoughts though. :)

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Agreed. Florida is a flash in the pan. I predict they'll have a couple of good back to back seasons every 5-8 years but won't be a lasting powerhouse. They'll be top tiered, but the won't be one of the greats year in and year out.

I guess we have different definitions of

flash in the pan . Since 2005, Florida is 59-10; has 3 SEC East titles; 2 SEC titles; and 2 MNC's. Hardly a flash in the in pan . Florida has one of the best coaches in college football, and is still very deep in talent - albiet inexperienced talent. They will still cruise through the SEC East this year, and meet Alabama in the SEC Championship. Again, hardly a flash in the pan . Although I think Alabama will ultimately win the conference, Florida isn't going to just lay down for them by any means.

What's in my standbag:

I guess we have different definitions of

I disagree. I think South Carolina takes the east. This isn't the same team that played since 2005 though. I think they are tough and will be tough, but they are not the Florida of old.

Bryan A

I disagree. I think South Carolina takes the east. This isn't the same team that played since 2005 though. I think they are tough and will be tough, but they are not the Florida of old.

South Carolina?! LMFAO..... Hold on, let me get up from the floor.

South Carolina has a history of starting strong, and fading late. Beating UGA means absolutely zero. Nadda. Zip. Zilch. That is a game that is always close year-in and year-out. Never a good litmus for the strength (or lack thereof) of the SCar program. FTR - the last time SCar beat UGA (2007) they started the season 6-1....and went on to a stellar 6-6 regular season record. Of course lightning could strike, but I highly doubt it. Until somebody steps-up the SEC East is Florida's to lose.

What's in my standbag:

South Carolina?! LMFAO..... Hold on, let me get up from the floor.

Just going by what I hear on ESPN....pretty knowledgeable guys there. They all pick South Carolina to be strong this year. So laugh all you want.....I am a UT guy.

Bryan A

Just going by what I hear on ESPN....pretty knowledgeable guys there. They all pick South Carolina to be strong this year. So laugh all you want.....I am a UT guy.

Going by ESPN is your first problem. Their wrong about more things than they are right. Not too mention that their recruiting coverage and rankings are horrendous. Most of the guys there follow Phil Steele...and even have his magazine available during their broadcasts to reference. Steele is pretty good. May be the best.

SCar has been picked many times to challenge....they never do. They'll have to prove it before I believe it.

What's in my standbag:

Going by ESPN is your first problem. Their wrong about more things than they are right. Not too mention that their recruiting coverage and rankings are horrendous. Most of the guys there follow Phil Steele...and even have his magazine available during their broadcasts to reference. Steele is pretty good.

I have Phil Steele's magazine. I get it every year. ESPN has won me quite a bit of money on bets, so they are very good to go by. No one can be expected to make season long projections, come on! Look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings saying Florida is not that good (they just aren't as good as they used to be) and South Carolina has as good a chance as Florida....that's how much stock I'm putting into Florida.

Pre-season rankings are dumb and if you follow those then that is YOUR first problem.

Bryan A

I have Phil Steele's magazine. I get it every year. ESPN has won me quite a bit of money on bets, so they are very good to go by. No one can be expected to make season long projections, come on! Look, I'm not trying to hurt your feelings saying Florida is not that good (they just aren't as good as they used to be) and South Carolina has as good a chance as Florida....that's how much stock I'm putting into Florida.

I'm not a fan of preseason rankings...never have been. And FTR - I hate every school in the $EC.

The NCAA could throw a monkey wrench in your SCar prediction.

What's in my standbag:

I'm not a fan of preseason rankings...never have been. And FTR - I hate every school in the $EC.

Anything can happen and it is always easy to bet on a team like Florida. I just don't think they will do it this year. I don't think that Kentucky, Georgia, or Vandy will win the SEC East. That leaves UT (who I am pulling for but don't see that happening), Florida, and South Carolina. South Carolina has 16 returning while Florida only has what, 10 maybe? Their QB is more seasoned and they recruited a good RB. Florida lost their game winner (Tebow) and now have a lot of inexperience out there. Like you said, they have always started out strong and then fizzled out. With a coach like Spurrier, they will have their time.

But we all have our opinions...we don't have to agree.

Bryan A

Is Florida looking TERRIBLE against Miami (OH) a good litmus for the strength?

I think Florida is still, and will remain top tier. They will replenish. The difference between them and Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma, Penn State, USC, etc. is that while Florida has a "bad" 4-5 loss season MORE OFTEN THAN NOT those other schools have a "bad" 1-2 loss season. Some teams lose good players and take a couple/few years to get back to national dominance. Other schools reload b/c they're 2-3 deep in every position. While Florida's bad season lands them in a bowl game some of the others have "bad" seasons that land them in a BCS bowl game. I would put Texas on the same level as FL. Def. good teams but, and this is ONLY MY OPINION, not great...at least not yet. Not historically.

You can't deny Tebow brought FL into the limelight and carried them through it. FL will be good, but they're far from being one of the greats.

I also think ESPN is full of a bunch of hacks and if I EVER meet Mark May I swear I'll punch him in the face. He spews stupidty that can literally lower a persons I.Q.

'Bama will win out as will OSU (hopefully). That's my opinion/prediction. Nobody know's though. They could both lose.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

So, are we the only three college football fans around here?

I'm watching NC State and Cincinnati stink it up - eight fumbles in the first half - right now. Does that answer your question?

:p

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Note: This thread is 4708 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!