IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This season? Ohio State would win 7 out of 10 times....maybe 8.

This.

If you want to compare last 10 seasons? It'd be closer and I'd probably give Florida the edge at 6-7 games. Overrall though, as I compared them? Ohio State hands down. Whether you're a fan of either teams or not you'd be an idiot to say Florida. HISTORICALLY, OVERRALL, Ohio State owns Florida. Did you even read through the links I posted? If so you wouldn't be continuing this charde. ...then again, maybe you would. Who knows. EDIT: Also, I still don't understand why you're so butthurt over me talking to a Michigan fan over them being 3-0 the last two seasons and their possible outcome this year. Oh well. Any chance to stifle the cries of a Florida fan can brighten my day.
I am originally from Cleveland, Ohio...but attended and graduated from Clemson University. Therefore, I am a Clemson Tiger fan first and foremost. But I still root for the Buckeyes....as long as they don't play Clemson.

Fair. I have a buddy who is a Clemson fan. Originally from there. Also likes Michigan. Lives and works in Columbus. LOL!

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now there's no competition for Heisman for Michigan's Robinson. The guy is amazing.

And the Wisconsin Badgers will surprise alot of people this year and win another bowl game against some SEC team that will be picked to beat them. These so called experts never learn. Of course Ohio State won't be one of them (unfortunately) and they'll win the national championship. Who does Boise play anyway? The Big 10 is really strong this year and with Nebraska next year should be better then the SEC. (They are now but the experts don't know it)
I am replying to not give you the pleasure of thinking you are bothering me . Historically better???? So if florida and osu played 10 times who do you think would win?? Just a question gator13

osu

(Florida doesn't have Tebow anymore)....

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

Right now there's no competition for Heisman for Michigan's Robinson. The guy is amazing.

The problem there is that unless Michigan somehow finds a way to win the Big 10 (which they won't) he most likely won't have a chance to win the Heisman; no matter how good his stats are.

Although the Heisman is supposed to be awarded to the best player in college football, it never is. Instead, the Heisman traditionally goes to the best player on the best team in college football. Michigan will not be in the conversation at the end of the season.

What's in my standbag:

Driver: Burner Superfast 9.5

Hybrids: Raylor

Irons:: JPX 800 4-GW

Wedges: SV Wedges 56/58/60

Putter: Monza Spyder

Great points. The only one I would think of debating is that Denard Robinson is amazing. Well, not that he's a great player, but he's NOT a great QB. He's a stellar RB but his receivers have WAY inflated his passing stats (credit to them btw). His "60 yards passes" are dump passes that the receivers turn into great plays. He just gets the padded stats. His arm is WAY too inconcistent to continually put up 150-200 yard passing games and his mind is ALWAYS on his feet. "Where is the gap? I'm going for it!"

Watch him very closely. You'll also notice he eyeballs his intended receiver the whole play. His never checks his reads so if his #1 guy is covered he's off. This got Pryor in some trouble a couple years back. You think if he's eyeballing his guy and lets the pigskin fly our D won't snatch it up? Not to mention the other real teams they have to play. Don't get me wrong, the kid is good. He has feet that are faster than his mind and an arm that's weaker than his hit. UM has played Conneticut (55th ranked D), Notre Dame (102nd ranked D), and UMass (not even worth mentioning since they aren't FBS). They have yet to play Ohio State (7th ranked D), Iowa (18th ranked D), Penn State (34th ranked D) and Wisconsin (25th ranked D). Robinson will not throw for 200 and rush for 300 against these teams. He will be contained and be forced to actually play the QB position. Rich Rod will wish he'd never run Ryan Mallet (who did pretty well last week) off. I predict UM loses 5+ games and Robinsons end of season stats are average. He could prove me wrong, it's happened only once or twice before (yeah right, lol), but I don't think he will. I can't wait until we play them. I've seen much more experienced and confident QB's play us only to suffer the whole game. Time will tell.
The problem there is that unless Michigan somehow finds a way to win the Big 10 (which they won't) he most likely won't have a chance to win the Heisman; no matter how good his stats are.

QFT. I don't think Ingram should have won it last year. He's a great player but it is what it is. I would love for TP to bring OSU another and keep us as one of the Heisman forerunners but he'd better perform as he did against The U for the rest of the season and win the Big 10 all in a VERY convincing manor or I myself would not pick him.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

as a student at Arizona im so stoked about this season. Last Saturday was awesomeeeeee taking down Iowa even though we almost blew it in perfect U of A fashion. Foles is a monster and by far one of the most underrated qb's in the nation. We have USC and Oregon St at home which is perfect and in our advantage cause AZ stadium is one of the tougest places to play in the nation because of the ZONA ZOOOOOO. We just need our revenge on Oregon and get to Pasadena. GO CATS!!

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

as a student at Arizona im so stoked about this season. Last Saturday was awesomeeeeee taking down Iowa even though we almost blew it in perfect U of A fashion. Foles is a monster and by far one of the most underrated qb's in the nation. We have USC and Oregon St at home which is perfect and in our advantage cause AZ stadium is one of the tougest places to play in the nation because of the ZONA ZOOOOOO. We just need our revenge on Oregon and get to Pasadena. GO CATS!!

Congrats on the season so far. Great win at Iowa that not many saw coming. With USC being down, and Oregon and Stanford being the class of the conference, Arizona could be the dark horse that sneaks up and takes the conference. Having Oregon State and USC at home helps; but road games at Oregon and Standford are going to be tough. But let's be honest, Arizona isn't even close to being one of the toughest places to play in the nation....nowhere near close.

But good luck.

What's in my standbag:

Congrats on the season so far. Great win at Iowa that not many saw coming. With USC being down, and Oregon and Stanford being the class of the conference, Arizona could be the dark horse that sneaks up and takes the conference. Having Oregon State and USC at home helps; but road games at Oregon and Standford are going to be tough. But let's be honest, Arizona isn't even close to being one of the toughest places to play in the nation....nowhere near close.

Once again I agree with KK. I, as a Big 10 teams fan, of course wanted to see Iows prevail. Good showing by AZ. Congrats.

As for one of the toughest? Sorry, evidence says otherwise. Evidence A Evidence B Evidence C Evidence D Evidence E Sorry, but Arizona doesn't come close to touching the stadiums on those lists. I think it's great that you have an awesome amount of pride in your team/school but don't let a homeristic attitude cloud your vision of the facts. You don't want to get mistaken for....well, just read through the last few pages. As I said, as a HUGE OSU fan, I don't think Pryor deserves the Heisman as of right now. The "homer" in me would say "HE'S THE BEST PLAYER EVER! YOUR TEAM SUCKS!" but realistically he's not. I hope this makes sense and doesn't come across as a jab. EDIT: WOOHOO! After looking through one of the sites I linked to above I came across THIS! *cues TBDBITL to strike up the fight song* Hahaha.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Whoever made up those stadium lists obviously has never been in Camp Randall stadium in Madison, Wisconsin. Ask Ohio State how tough it is to play there.

WBL

What's In the Bag
Callaway FTiq Tour i-mix 9.5º with stiff Mitsubishi Rayon Javlnfx 6
Cobra F-Speed LD 3-wood 15.5º with 43" YS Tour AD regCobra Baffler DWS 20º & 23º with Aldila VS Proto HL regPing S59 3-PW with Nippon PRO 950GH stiffTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 56º wedgeInazone B...

Whoever made up those stadium lists obviously has never been in Camp Randall stadium in Madison, Wisconsin. Ask Ohio State how tough it is to play there.

I agree that Camp Randall is a very tough enviroment for a visiting team.

What's in my standbag:

I am a bit biased on the toughest places to play topic.....but Neyland stadium is unreal game time!!! I have never seen anything like it before.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agreed that it's tough, but if you're like me and haven't been to ALL of the others on the list how are you certain it's worthy? Those guys travel to games and some of them ask players and coaches how hard it is to play/coach in those environments.

As for asking Ohio State? I fully agree. I hate that we have to go to Wisky AND Iowa at night. Not our strong points. Hopefully our D stays strong in the tougher games. They looked good against Miami. We'll see. Good luck to you and your boys. I'd love to go visit some of the stadiums but money is always an issue. Plus most people outside of Columbus aren't too welcoming of ANY OSU fan without even giving them a chance to see if they're a tool or not. When I went to the USC game last year I saw some Trojan fans before the game walking around. Didn't say a word to them and even let them enter before me. Another group however got in our faces, literally, and started chanting, cussing, etc. I'm cordial until given a reason not to be. For us OSU fans though we ALL get lumped into the same category by 99% of the other fans. Oh well, haters gonna hate.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Agreed that it's tough, but if you're like me and haven't been to ALL of the others on the list how are you certain it's worthy? Those guys travel to games and some of them ask players and coaches how hard it is to play/coach in those environments.

Come to Clemson, and I promise you'll have a great time. We are known for being one of the most hospitable fan bases in the country towards visiting fans.

Kirk Herbstreit said it was one of the best gameday atmospheres that he has ever seen. He loved it so much that he said if his kids don't go to Ohio State...they are going to Clemson.

What's in my standbag:

Rematch from last year TEXAS vs ALABAMA and TEXAS with the WIN! - The Tide almost lost to a freshman QB last year in the Rose Bowl, now that he will have to whole year to progress... he wont have problem. The only thing in the way for TEXAS is the rankings... they got screwed.

Roll Tide!! Seriously, it's going to be very tough to repeat after losing 9 starters on defense. However, the offense is loaded and if the defense will come around it is possible. Because I am a homer, I'm going to pick Alabama vs. Ohio State for all the marbles in 2010.

The only thing in the way for TEXAS is the rankings... they got screwed.

How so? Are you talking preseason? Preseason rankings suck.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Rematch from last year TEXAS vs ALABAMA and TEXAS with the WIN! - The Tide almost lost to a freshman QB last year in the Rose Bowl, now that he will have to whole year to progress... he wont have problem. The only thing in the way for TEXAS is the rankings... they got screwed.

Not sure how they are getting screwed. Keep on winning, that will take care of the rankings. Gilbert has a long way to go, he hasnt looked too good thus far. I'd love for a rematch with Texas for two reasons. One, that means we are playing for a title again and two we can shut up the Texas fans crying about losing McCoy.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

We just need our revenge on Oregon and get to Pasadena. GO CATS!!

Good luck with that, especially in Autzen Stadium which is one of the toughest places to play in the nation. I believe Oregon turned the ball over 5 times last year in your house and still managed to beat the Cats in overtime. Don't count of getting 5 turn overs this year.

Autzen stadium is the loudest (decibel reading-wise) stadium in the nation. To quote Lloyd Carr when he coached Michigan and brought in the #3 team in the nation to play the Ducks and Lost...."That's the loudest place I've ever been in." Mr. Carr had played in more than a few stadiums in his time.

"The more I practice, the luckier I get" -Ben Hogan

Good luck with that, especially in Autzen Stadium which is one of the toughest places to play in the nation. I believe Oregon turned the ball over 5 times last year in your house and still managed to beat the Cats in overtime. Don't count of getting 5 turn overs this year.

They broke the NCAA record that we set in 2005 when Miami came to Death Valley.

Watch this video. Comparison between the TV and the on the field crowd noise from the game. Pretty cool. BTW - I was there....and saying it was loud doesn't give it justice.

What's in my standbag:

I'd love for a rematch with Texas for two reasons. One, that means we are playing for a title again...

How so?

Also, some reads on loudest stadiums: Numero Uno Numero Dos Numero Tres Numero Quatro Numero Cinco Again, I've never been to a big game outside The Horseshoe so I can't vouch. I'd love to say that against USC with over 106,000 in attendance and EVERYONE on their feet bouncing enough to literally shake the stadium that we have the loudest, and once again if I did I'd have to do so with a homer attitude. Dang it! Looks like Autzen may not have the single loudest but from what I can gather they are louder more consistently than most. They definitely have a solid foundation for an arguement.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Note: This thread is 4707 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!