IGNORED

2010 College Football talk!

natp0wers
Note: This thread is 4685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ron Franklin and Rod Gilmore are idiots. The referee clearly explained why the Rutgers pass late in the second quarter was ruled incomplete. As silly as the rule is, it clearly states that you have to maintain possession of the ball all the way to the ground.
Period.
If you're going to commentate on games, please try and understand the rules.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ron Franklin and Rod Gilmore are idiots. The referee clearly explained why the Rutgers pass late in the second quarter was ruled incomplete. As silly as the rule is, it clearly states that you have to maintain possession of the ball all the way to the ground.

Most commentators drive me insane anymore. Herbstreit and Corso I can deal with. I even enjoy listening to Desmond Howard, although he did make OSU look ridiculous in his playing days.

Mark May is insuffereable and if I ever meet him on the street I swear on all that is good and holy I'll punch him in the eye as hard as I can. I'd rather listen to Pam Ward than Mark May, and that's saying something. I'd probably hit her too...and I don't even agree with hitting women. I feel that women commentators are asking for it though. LOL!

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW
Zebra 60* SW G-Force Putter

BCS National Championship game rematch of last years Rose Bowl: OSU vs Oregon?

Burner 10.5: Driver
Burner 15: 3 Wood
Burner 22: Hybrid
Tour Action 6: 4-PW
Rac TP Black 52 & 60 Niblick 56 Rossa Imola 8 Pro V1 & Pro V1x Powerband Bag

We'll see. Only time will tell. I'll take it for sure.

Also, I'm VERY interested to see the UM fans on here after today. You barely beat Indy while they tossed up what, 500+ yards on you? How many did they put up against us? What was the UM-Indy final score and what was ours? I'd say that's about as good of a comparison as it gets.

Also, what'd I say about Denard? 84 yards rushing against MSU? Please. For once I get to chant something I've heard all decade.

O-VER-RATE-ED! *clap! clap! clap! clap! clap!*

Happy Saturday all.

PS ~ Sorry bw, but thanks for handing us 1st place.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

I disagree. I think South Carolina takes the east.

Just saying.....and I got laughed at

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Thanks for the welcome. Most around here are really looking forward to it.

With the way Pelini recruits, we might just change that perception of the Big 10 being slow.

In my FT bag I have:
D3 9.5
XHot 15D 3W
Rescue Hybrids 22 and 17 degree
Apex Edge 5-E 52, 56 and 60 ProV1X

Just saying.....and I got laughed at

With Florida's loss to LSU, they certainly are in the driver's seat now.

I don't know what the hell was wrong with McElroy yesterday, but he seemed afraid to get rid of the ball. Of the seven sacks, I can't remember one that I'd blame on the offensive line. He simply held onto the ball for far too long. I still feel like we're trying to be too cute on offense. Our rushing stats were way off, but we simply didn't commit to the running attack. That said, I don't want to take anything away from South Carolina. They straight up whipped our defense's @$$. We had no answer for Jeffery or Lattimore, and Garcia really made us look silly with his arm and his feet. I have to go all the way back to the Shula era to remember an Alabama defense get jacked up like that. I don't think that South Carolina loses again. I think they've got enough defense to take care of the Gators' offense, and they'll be able to put up some points on them. To be honest, I'm a little worried about the rest of our schedule. Our defense has been exposed, and our special teams aren't very special.

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

With Florida's loss to LSU, they certainly are in the driver's seat now.

McElroy did hang on to the ball way too much. I understand that having confidence is a good thing, but sometimes a play just isn't going to happen and you need to dump the ball. He cost Alabama quite a bit this weekend.

Bryan A

McElroy did hang on to the ball way too much. I understand that having confidence is a good thing, but sometimes a play just isn't going to happen and you need to dump the ball. He cost Alabama quite a bit this weekend.

And now Julio may be out with a broken hand and Fluker is out with a "severe" groin injury. Not exactly what we need right now.

I was at the A-Day game and I was afraid that our special teams would crack under pressure. Everyone in the placekicking battery is new, and our punter is a true freshman. We missed an extra point and a field goal, ran a ridiculous fake field goal (probably because we were afraid of our kicker) and the punter shanked two punts badly. Without those miscues, it would have been a much tighter game. I just hope we got all of the screw-ups out of our system last week.

And now Julio may be out with a broken hand and Fluker is out with a "severe" groin injury. Not exactly what we need right now.

I didn't know that about Julio. That will be a big blow if he is out. That guy is a beast.

Bryan A

At least the loss was early in the season. There is still a ton of football to be played and anything can happen on any given week. If 'Bama was gonna lose it's better to have lost early and get it out of the way. That goes for any team really. Things will change. Some of the undefeated teams won't remain that way.

I'm nervous about the game at Camp Randall this week. Night games on the road at Wisky have been rough for us in the past. The good news is I think we can stifle their running attack. We'll find out.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

At least the loss was early in the season. There is still a ton of football to be played and anything can happen on any given week. If 'Bama was gonna lose it's better to have lost early and get it out of the way. That goes for any team really. Things will change. Some of the undefeated teams won't remain that way.

That's true. Bama needs what, 5 or 6 teams to lose to have a shot? I haven't looked at what's what after this weekend, but I figure there are at least 5 that need to lose now..considering schedule strength.

Bryan A

That's true. Bama needs what, 5 or 6 teams to lose to have a shot? I haven't looked at what's what after this weekend, but I figure there are at least 5 that need to lose now..considering schedule strength.

Agreed. I have to believe a 1 loss 'Bama beats out an undefeated TCU or Boise St. If Nebraska, OSU, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Auburn lose 'Bama is a contender. If any of them lose twice, obviously a 1 loss 'Bama gets the bid. As it's been said time and again, there is still a lot of football to be played.

I think Auburn, Oregon, and yes, possibly even Ohio State run a good risk of losing one. Boise St and TCU can fall off the map as far as I'm concerned. Give them both the outback bowl to play each other. That'd be a pretty good game.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Yeah I figure TCU and Boise will drop anyway. I wasn't even considering them.

Bryan A

Few thoughts:

1) If it ends up with one undefeated & Boise or TCU end up undefeated, they deserve a shot at the title just like anyone else
2) Bama has another L in them (probably to Auburn), but if they end up seeing the chickens again in Atlanta, they'll probably beat them
3) IMO, the BCS champ. game will boil down to Boise/TCU/Oregon vs. SEC champ (Ohio St. is just suspect enough to have an L)

Few thoughts:

Asinine. If a FCS team plays 12 FBS teams and goes undefeated do they deserve to play for the FCS NCG? No.

2) Bama has another L in them (probably to Auburn), but if they end up seeing the chickens again in Atlanta, they'll probably beat them

Auburn will lose also. They'll implode. I would like to see them make it but I just don't see it happening.

3) IMO, the BCS champ. game will boil down to Boise/TCU/Oregon vs. SEC champ (Ohio St. is just suspect enough to have an L)

Agreed that OSU can EASILY lose any given week, and that's coming from a born and bread Buckeye. That being said OSU has a MUCH harder schedule than TCU and Boise State, and that's saying something. The SEC Champ is not and should not be garaunteed a spot. A 1 loss SEC team WILL not go over an undefeated Oregon and/or OSU. I wouldn't mind OSU/Oregon in the NCG. I like those odds.

I don't see it happening but it'd be nice. SEC has had their 15 minutes. Now let's see how their fans react when they have to start rooting for their team and not their conference.

9.5* Driver
3 Wood
21* 4 Hybrid
5-PW

Agreed that OSU can EASILY lose any given week, and that's coming from a born and bread Buckeye. That being said OSU has a MUCH harder schedule than TCU and Boise State, and that's saying something. The SEC Champ is not and should not be garaunteed a spot. A 1 loss SEC team WILL not go over an undefeated Oregon and/or OSU. I wouldn't mind OSU/Oregon in the NCG. I like those odds. I don't see it happening but it'd be nice. SEC has had their 15 minutes. Now let's see how their fans react when they have to start rooting for their team and not their conference.

1) I'm not an pure SEC fan, I prefer LSU myself, since I'm born and bred in Louisiana

2) OSU will probably lose next week 3) A 1 loss SEC champ, 1 loss OSU, 1 loss Oregon, undefeated TCU, undefeated Boise, 1 loss Big 12 champ...who gets in?....I say 1 loss SEC and Boise, that's all I'm saying....which is why I'm REALLY in favor of a playoff.

Note: This thread is 4685 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!