IGNORED

Slicing fixed - proper solution or not?

Note: This thread is 5114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys,

I had been having issues with my 6 iron and driver slicing ( 3, 4, and 5 are hybrids that I don't slice ).

Today I went to the range again to work on it and I got rid of it entirely by swinging like I am drawing the ball ( although it does draw, only about 5 yards of draw ). Now, what I am trying to find out is, is this a normal swing plane? Because I am swinging like a draw, but using a little less wrist on impact , and when I do turn my wrists it draws even further.....or is this just counter productive? And should I stop doing this?

My ball flight height has also increased substantially doing this.

I am going to go to a pro and get a video in the next month or so anyway, but does this sound right?

Thanks!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

First, do you set up any clubs on the ground so you can know were your aiming. I find that alot of people just hit balls and don't know that there body is aimed 20 yards left or right of target (i will raise my hand as a victum of this).

to men you can't diagnos a problem with out knowing if your aligned right. But if i am right, i am still trying to get the hang of this. The slice is were the clubface is open compared to the swing path. So most people slice because there clubface is pointing down the target line, but there swing path is over the top. Now, if you close your swing path more, then your going to start pulling the ball because your clubface is now pointing left and there is less angle between the club face and the swing path.

So, thats why i need to know if your alignment is right. If your aiming left and your swing path is square to your aiming, then its all a matter about getting your alignment right and then squaring up the clubface. But if your aiming square and swinging over the top, then you will have some nasty pull shots on you.

If your comming over the top, the biggest cause is taking the club back to far inside and your body over corrects and over the top move. So i would go see the Pro, hopefully he has some video camera were you can look at your swing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I always check my heels to make sure I am aiming at the target, thanks for some more tips, I will get that video ASAP and then know where I'm at!

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

"But if your aiming square and swinging over the top, then you will have some nasty pull shots on you."

If the clubface is down the target line for this shot it would end in a straight fade not a pull
Bag: Pioneer LC
In the Bag
G15 Driver 9*, Aldila Serrano (Stiff)
G15 4 Wood, Aldila Serrano (Stiff)
G15 Hybrids 20*, 23*, AWT (Stiff)G15 5-9, PW, UW, SW, AWT (Stiff) MP T-10 56*10*Karsten "Ping MyDay" putter

Note: This thread is 5114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!