IGNORED

Nice courses in you area that allow jeans.

shades9323
Note: This thread is 5111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If it is cold, I wear wool, not jeans.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess i must play snob places...but none.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I think it is a midwestern thing. Jeans around here are pretty common as well. Even in my semi private course where jeans are discouraged, you still get a good number of folks wearing them.

I go along with this idea. Personally, the more I respect a course the better I dress there haha.

Down here in Albuquerque, if you wear a polo shirt and jeans to the muni's you are almost overdressed. Untucked tee shirt and jeans are the norm here. The guy in a beater and athletic shorts would be what I consider underdressed, but all I really care about from the other golfers is moving fast, replacing divots, fixing ball marks.

As far as the nicer courses around here go, I've been to a bunch of them but the only requirement I've seen is collared shirt.

Not for me. I don't wear jeans at work, but often in my free time, hanging with friends. A golf swing is however not the same. The body is stretched and bent in every direction, so I'm more comfortable with clothes that are light and flexible. Not to mention that the golf pants I wear are usually made of polyester, which breathe much better than jeans.

Id agree that jeans arent the best athletic wear in the world. I much prefer to wear some kind of dress pants, they are just more comfortable than jeans. I wear jeans all week long while Im working in a factory and its nice to dress up a bit when Im out on the golf course.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I think it is a midwestern thing. Jeans around here are pretty common as well. Even in my semi private course where jeans are discouraged, you still get a good number of folks wearing them.

Its funny how many people have thought I was a golf pro simply because I was playing golf in a polo shirt and dressy pants. Ahhhh, you gotta love the midwest!

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Most don't seem to have a policy, or if they do I've never run afoul of it.

I've worked at places that don't allow "blue jeans", I've got around that by wearing black demins or tan or brown, Carhart denims also seem to pass the scan test.

As to the borderline brewing flamefest, I've had more problems from beer drinkers and cigar or cigarette smokers that I have from people wearing jeans or cutoffs or tank tops.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Around here, I'm sure there are plenty of private courses that don't allow jeans, but I can't think of a public course I've been too that doesn't allow denim. Personally I wouldn't wear jeans because I wouldn't want to walk 18 holes in jeans but that's just me. I'd say 1/3 of golfers that I see wear jeans around here.

Horse Thief - target golf at it's finest..

There's no better public course around here in my opinion. So much fun and cheaper than the county courses, which blew my mind.

:Acer: XF Leggera Driver 10.5* True Ace Death Stick 56g Shaft

Quick Strike Q4M 21* Hybrid and Q4U 24* Hybrid with  Platinum 60 Shafts

685 OS Milled Irons 5-PW with  Platinum 60 Shafts

:Killer Bee: NCW Wedges 52* 56* 60*

:TearDrop: Putter

I can't think of a course I've played in the last 10 years that didn't prohibit jeans. Dress code is synonymous with golf and I like it that way. And lets be real, I laugh when I see any grown man wearing jorts, doesn't matter if they are on the golf course or at 7-11.

CARBITE Putter

Personal preference, I just never have liked wearing jeans while playing golf. Too hot in the summer, too cold in the spring and fall. Plus, it's hard to get golf tees, divot tools and ball markers out of your jeans pocket.

At some courses, the restriction on jeans goes along with the "no cut clothes rule" for the razor-blade brigade. Jeans aren't the only thing on the banned list: it often includes muscle shirts, collarless shirts, shirt with obscene messages, or swimming attire.

The basis of this is the belief that proper dress and proper behavior are related. Not to worry - most areas have a couple of "anything goes" courses. Funny, such courses often lack amenities like grass on the tee boxes and water fountains that work...

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Most courses around here wont say anything even though policy is no jeans. I don't care to see them on a golf course, but I certainly don't give it more than a passing thought. It doesn't mean I know anything about them as a person/golfer.

I read that you can play Bethpage Black in jeans. Anybody know for sure?

I'd be willing to bet a bundle that you can, but I don't know for sure. It's a public/state course, and people in the state of NY are just about the worst-dressed on the planet, as far as I can tell. None of the other state golf courses (and all the ones I've played are pretty nice!) would say anything, as long as you were -- uh, I was going to say "clothed", but that almost doesn't seem to matter either.

Plus, I saw a special on the "dawn patrol", of players sleeping in the parking lot, hoping to get a tee time the next morning. Scruffy crew, for the most part. Seems I even remember logo tee shirts...ultra baggy shorts halfway down the shin also seemed to be in style at the time. (Now if THEY don't look tacky, what does!?)

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

I really don't care if people wear jeans, in cold weather if my cords are dirty I do. But do you really wear them in hot weather, I switch over to shorts as soon as the temps exceed 62 degrees.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

All I've been on in Southern IL do allow jeans. We're country around here so it's usually not a big deal. I'm a cargo pants and shorts guy when I'm golfing. Jeans Bind me up. LOL

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I'm not sure - I know they're okay at the driving range, but not sure about the courses. If other players are wearing them, I hadn't noticed - don't really care either way - I'll golf with anyone as long as they're polite and not too slow.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Here in the PHX metro area, many of the courses do not allow denim. I emphasize DENIM. The public munis are the exception. Of all the posts on this thread I suffered thru on a quickie skim, it seems nobody figured as to one of the reasons the courses don't want the jeans.

Think of those kid-powered local parking lot charity car washes that show up around your neck of the woods each summer. Guess what happens to your paint job on your car sometimes when these good intentioned youths finish your auto? You got little extra scratches & dings on the upper doors and fenders. From the kids jean shorts Rivets!

The health of the golf carts seats is one of the major reasons many courses don't want us wearing "jeans" or just denim on the course. They don't want torn up cart seats. Here in the searing heat of the desert, we have a higher proportion of cart riders than most areas, so this policy makes sense. And, damn those jeans are too hot! Personally, the "pro golfer" attire of slacks and collared shirt is abit non-functional in the sports world. We should equip our top golfers and down in a higher tech. rock climbing breathable pants with muscle-supporting compression shirts and better golf gloves. I use racquetball gloves. They are built stronger, made for heat, and have a surface that actually holds on to your club better in some - tackified leather.

In My Orlimar Arctic Cart Bag: (A Desert Survival tool)
Driver:MP-600 10.5 Fujikara 360 S
3w:2009 17 deg. Launcher Fujikara Gold R
Hybrids:MX-700 17 deg. Exsar FS4 R, G-10 21 deg. UST V-2 R
Irons: 5-pw MP-32 True Temper R300Chipper/wedge: 37 deg. IDEA A3OS ChipperGW:MP-t10 Black Satin 52.07SW: V...

Note: This thread is 5111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!