IGNORED

My Swing (Stretch)

Stretch
Note: This thread is 3148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You'll get nothing, and like it!

I say we post our swings side-by-side and let the group here decide what's fair!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I say we post our swings side-by-side and let the group here decide what's fair!

First congrats on sub 70 round.. Really great Then, yes I think it's great to have Erik or Mike rate the swing points according to the proficiency in each key :) [quote name="David in FL" url="/t/34887/my-swing-stretch/270#post_940421"]OUTSTANDING!   :dance: Just in time for your trip over here.  I hope we can get out and play, but I'm gonna want a BUNCH of strokes!   :-P [/quote]

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

First congrats on sub 70 round.. Really great

Then, yes I think it's great to have Erik or Mike rate the swing points according to the proficiency in each key :)

And we'll call it, what?   2 strokes for each swing key difference seems about right..... :-D

In David's bag....

• Administrator

And we'll call it, what?   2 strokes for each swing key difference seems about right.....

That's more fair than you realize. You'll get about four strokes. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

That's more fair than you realize. You'll get about four strokes. :)

Stretch has gotta be hitting on more than 2 keys, isn't he? ;-)

I figured that would be close.  I'm really hoping for 6 though.

In David's bag....

• Administrator

Stretch has gotta be hitting on more than 2 keys, isn't he?

I figured that would be close.  I'm really hoping for 6 though.

I'm giving partial credit for Keys. It's not like you have NO Key #2 (or whatever). :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Haven't posted for a while as not a whole lot has changed for a while. Grip has got a bit stronger, I'm hitting the ball a bit higher and -- on occasion -- really solid.

Anyway, I broke 70 for the first time today, after shooting the number three times before. Four birdies and no bogies, dancing bananas for everyone!

Was coming down the last at three under par absolutely nipping myself for the final wedge shot over water to a front pin, and I hit it to six inches for a bonus kick-in birdie. More bananas!

On a low-carb diet at the moment and not supposed to drink beer, but I think I'm going to go drink some beer! Yeah.

CONGRATZ...you deserve one of these.. :beer:

Haven't posted for a while as not a whole lot has changed for a while. Grip has got a bit stronger, I'm hitting the ball a bit higher and -- on occasion -- really solid.

Anyway, I broke 70 for the first time today, after shooting the number three times before. Four birdies and no bogies, dancing bananas for everyone!

Was coming down the last at three under par absolutely nipping myself for the final wedge shot over water to a front pin, and I hit it to six inches for a bonus kick-in birdie. More bananas!

On a low-carb diet at the moment and not supposed to drink beer, but I think I'm going to go drink some beer! Yeah.

This is fantastic Stretch!  Congrats!  The only thing that would make that scorecard any more perfect is if you birdied 12 instead of 11 and had only 3's and 4's on the entire card!  I'm (usually) ecstatic if I have a scorecard with no 6's on it!  And to see a golfshot scorecard with no green or black is just ... well, I think if it was mine I'd probably cry. ;)

Again, well done!!!

Awesome round!!!! Keep up the good work.

That should weight your handicap for a while. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Thanks. Yes, the bandits in my regular Tuesday money game are already rubbing their hands together in glee!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Thanks. Yes, the bandits in my regular Tuesday money game are already rubbing their hands together in glee! [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/89800/] [/URL]

Looks like 4 strokes to me! :-D [quote name="iacas" url="/t/34887/my-swing-stretch/288#post_940445"] I'm giving partial credit for Keys. It's not like you have NO Key #2 (or whatever). :) [/quote] I spent my entire academic career begging teachers for partial credit for mediocre performance, and now I get it? Great....... :doh:

In David's bag....

Thanks. Yes, the bandits in my regular Tuesday money game are already rubbing their hands together in glee!

What is that website there?

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

It's the South African equivalent of your GHIN, I guess? The SA Golf Association contracted handicapping out to a private company -- Handicaps Network Africa --  and that's my player page on their Web site.

Every club also has a touch screen in their pro shop where you directly input your scores. They swipe your magnetic SAGA membership card when you pay the green fees and that automatically opens the round. If you then don't close it within 48 hours you get penalized.

We are moving to the USGA slope rating system later this year and will then also adopt fractional handicaps like you have. Currently it's nearest round number.

The "premium account" stuff is new as of this year and I'm not sure what it's about. Looks like they're trying to get into stats analysis -- you have an option to enter your round in full (i.e.. hole by hole with fairways hit, # of putts etc.) and I guess the system will crunch that and display it all kind of like Golfshot does now.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Just for David. Haven't filmed this since September I think and, as expected, still polishing the same old turd.

Getting into pretty good shape by the delivery point, though, and everything is fairly stable through the ball so I guess that's what's making it work at the moment.

Stretch.

Good grief......I'm gonna get my ass kicked! :scared:

In David's bag....

Great job on that 68, Stretch. I already gave you a thumbs up. Really happy for you, man! :banana:

Some unsolicited swing advice from me though:

Your shoulder turn is too steep -- a rare problem to be sure. That's why you can't "lift" your arms on the backswing. If you did, you're swing plane would steepen far too much and you'd start taking massive divots. General chaos would ensue.

If you turn your shoulders flatter going back -- something that is 90 degrees relative to your address posture -- the arms can ascend more without the fear of having a horrendous AoA.

Your compensating move for a shoulder turn that is too steep is to keep the arms as far below the shoulder pitch as possible.

I've followed your thread since the beginning, but my memory of all the things you've worked on over the last few years escapes me at this time... so this may have been mentioned. If not, hopefully I'm not way off base here. I know you and I share the same instructors (evolvr, James Hirshfield) so you know I'm coming from a realm of similar philosophy.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear people's thoughts on my opinion here.

So to summarize: turn your shoulders flatter. It may feel like you're turning them level relative to the ground, who knows. I think though, if you did turn flatter -- something like what Zach Johnson is doing -- you'd be able to have a better arm loading procedure on the backswing.

What do you guys think? Does what I'm saying make sense?

Constantine

Is the reason for the steep shoulder turn due to how close Stretch is standing to the ball? Seems to me that if he moved it out further, the plane would naturally flatten.

Ps, Stretch, sorry to talk about you in the third person on your own swing thread! :-)

Chris.:roll:

@JetFan1983 I wonder if the height of @Stretch tends to make a steeper shoulder turn necessay to keep the club head low enough on the arch?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 3148 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!