IGNORED

Does Nike Golf Recognize an Ace Made Using Their Equipment?

As I posted on Sunday night... I made my first career ace earlier that day. I was told by a few guys in the clubhouse that I should contact the manufacturers of the equipment I was using when I made the hole-in-one and they'd possibly send something in recognition. I believe there was also a thread here about it, but I cannot find it.

I was using a Callaway Warbird Plus golf ball... and a Nike Slingshot Pitching Wedge at the time. I've already contacted Callaway via their website, but I cannot seem to find any information about Nike doing anything for hole-in-one shots.

If anybody has contacted Nike about this in the past, I'd appreciate the appropriate contact information.

Thanks in advance!

CY
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It was on the evening news - didn't you see it? Why would he have it on video?

Seriously... how relevant is that? Do YOU record every shot?

Actually, I thought MAYBE it was going to be on video... but the guy who DOES video didn't have the camera rolling at that point. But, anyway... there were 7 witnesses (not counting myself as a witness, of course). CY

As I posted on Sunday night... I made my first career ace earlier that day. I was told by a few guys in the clubhouse that I should contact the manufacturers of the equipment I was using when I made the hole-in-one and they'd possibly send something in recognition. I believe there was also a thread here about it, but I cannot find it.

Nike has a thing on their site, or used to, regarding a hole in one story and certificate. . .

Well, not there any more. Looks like Tiger took it with him.

Meh, just another reason not to use Nike products...

Because you know, I plan on an ace in the near future.

Oh wait... No I don't. Good news!

In all seriousness though it'd be a shame if Nike doesn't honor that sort of thing, I like how some (if not most?) companies do because it gives a more personal feel to me as a golfer knowing these huge corporations still care about the little guy. It's nothing more than that though, since I really don't plan on an ace anytime soon Guess I can keep the Nike gear.

You can contact Nike and Callaway, but they will tell you that, A hole in one at Jack & Jill's miniature golf and arcade doesn't count, sorry

You can contact Nike and Callaway, but they will tell you that, A hole in one at Jack & Jill's miniature golf and arcade doesn't count, sorry

LOL

Don't hate... CY

I couldn't find it on their website because they redid it recently but I am 100% sure that there used to be something about a hole in one on nikegolf.com. You would get a metal bag tag or something. I'm sure if you contacted them they would steer you in the right direction.

• 4 years later...

Meh, just another reason not to use Nike products...

Because you know, I plan on an ace in the near future.

Oh wait... No I don't. Good news!

In all seriousness though it'd be a shame if Nike doesn't honor that sort of thing, I like how some (if not most?) companies do because it gives a more personal feel to me as a golfer knowing these huge corporations still care about the little guy. It's nothing more than that though, since I really don't plan on an ace anytime soon Guess I can keep the Nike gear.

Seriously?  This would drive your decision making if a company didn't "honor" something that there was no offer when you bought the equipment?  And if you believe the companies that do is anything but marketing and PR you're as naive as your comment.  It has nothing to do with "the little guy".

It was 4 years ago, and pretty sure he was joking...

Yeah, my bad....didn't pay attention to the dates, just saw the post above that brought the thread to the top. Oh, well...my comment is still valid.

• 6 years later...
On 4/27/2010 at 5:14 PM, TigerWoodz said:

So have you the hole in 1 on video??

I have a hole in one at walden country club, Crofton,MD 13 May 21 hole #6 129 yds

• Like 1

8 hours ago, C Jay34 said:

I have a hole in one at walden country club, Crofton,MD 13 May 21 hole #6 129 yds

1. Congrats! You should claim it in the announcements thread to get your badge.

2. this thread has been dormant for 6 years so don’t be disappointed as I’m not sure that your post will garner a respond from those previously participating. 

• Thanks 1