IGNORED

What Tees Do Pro Women Play From?

James_Black
Note: This thread is 1346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think they vary for their events. On their site it says depending on the situation but its normally about 6200-6400 yards

The distance has been creeping longer.    It's about 6500 yards for average tournaments, and 6700+ for majors.  

Edited by rkim291968

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone here would you sign up for Mo Martins driving distance and fairway avg right now?

I would at my standard and distance currently. I'm intrigued as to whether some of you who are longer but far less accurate would take it.

Anyway a lot of the women tees in professional golf are very comparable to male amateurs. Obviously  the women get a rough deal in tv coverage no surprises there. It's a shame because it's  a more realistic game for us to emulate but watching Day,Johnson,Mcilroy and Watson among others smash it out there is very other worldly and sells golf.

Lots of our tees in the UK are 6000 above. If you play club competition then you go off the whites and that puts you above 6200 at least and above 6500 on others

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

I would in a flash. It's not much different than my average distance, and I'd take that 89.5% accuracy any day. Then I could just work on my approach shots and be a single digit player. I could play from the whites and have a fun day. Probably win my club championship.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

The last LPGA event I went to, all the tee markers normally on the course (black, gold, blue, white, red, silver) were removed completely.  There was one set of tee markers on the course that were related to the name of the event itself.  I was familiar with the course they were playing.  Some holes, they played from where the black tee markers usually were, some they played from where the silver tees were and so on.  

They strive for a yardage.  And, since they are not playing to post a handicap, course rating and slope rating from a given set of tees is of no matter at all.  

The PGA Tour is no different.  You will see those guys teeing off one day from the very back tee box position and the next, they may have moved them up 40 yards..especially true on par 3s or potentially drivable par 4s.

Edited by RickK

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

• 4 years later...

I believe that the women play the tees that measure around 6500-6600 yards when par is 72. Obviously that number will go up or down a bit if par goes up or down. I just looked, and this week, it’s 6453 yards, par 71. That yardage is between the white (competition) and yellow (mens) tees on that particular course.

WITB:
Woods: Cleveland Launcher (Driver, 17 degree, 22 degree)
Irons: Titleist T200 (4-PW)
Wedges: Callaway Jaws (50/54/60)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I can't believe this thread has been around for ten years, give or take, and no one has posted the correct answer yet.

They play whichever tees the tournament director sets out on the course on the day of competition.

I mean, when you watch an event on TV, you don't see the other tee markers set out, do you?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

7 minutes ago, Shindig said:

I can't believe this thread has been around for ten years, give or take, and no one has posted the correct answer yet.

They play whichever tees the tournament director sets out on the course on the day of competition.

I mean, when you watch an event on TV, you don't see the other tee markers set out, do you?

Nor are the tee blocks red...

• iacas changed the title to What Tees Do Pro Women Play From?
8 hours ago, Shindig said:

I've attended maybe 100 or so LPGA rds of golf.

They typically on any given day, dependent on how the course is set up for that day...play the course mostly about 100-150 yards shorter than the posted yardage on lpga.com of the tournament.

Note: This thread is 1346 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!