Sign in to follow this  
Philip9210

Best place to buy golf polos?

Note: This thread is 3720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

28 posts / 13617 viewsLast Reply

In the market for probably about 3-4 new golf shirts. Anybody recommend some nice dry-fit type shirts? I really like the nice mesh material and would prefer it over a cotton type shirt. Any good sites to buy off of or any good lower priced brands? Thanks!

Target Brand, C9 or something like that. They go on sale every few months, and even when they aren't on sale, they're under $20. It's not as great as name-brand, but it's pretty darn close.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I was actually really surprised with the look and feel of the target stuff. How is the fit?

Just got done searching around on the web, and I found I really like some of the callaway shirt designs, but the sleeves seem a little small. I have a friend who works at a golf course and gets discounted rates at a pro shop so if I can't find them online I could by them through him. Just wondering if anybody has ever worn a callaway shirt and if they are nice?

rockbottom golf, can get some realllllly good deals on 'em if they have your size and a color you like.

also, ive sometimes seen some at Ross.

I have bought several of the lightweight golf shirts at the JCPennys men's store and been very happy with them. Decent prices there, and there are often sales.

I've gotten most of mine at the factory outlets stores near my house. Not sure if you have any close, but try going that route.

On a slightly related subject. I bought some Nike polos the other day from USA, and the Medium shirt was like the size of a XL here, it was crazy. When looking at the size chart, even a Small shirt was slightly too big for me. The shirts are good quality, but I might have to buy from UK next time, as the sizes there are more normal.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

For dry-fit shirts IMO the best looking & feeling brands are:

Dri-Fit Clima-Cool

Have both types & love them, sometimes paying a little extra is worth it

golf locker.com and TGW.com typically have some good deals. Golf locker is all prior year stuff that has been discontinued and replaced so there are quality items at good prices. And I don't think the TGW people know how to buy properly because they always have good stuff on clearance.

I prefer the Nike Dri-fit myself, specifically the Body Mapping. I would rather pay a few extra bucks for something that I will have for several years and still hold up. Although I have never payed full price for one, I always check the sales. Not everyone shares that opinion though.

If you have outlet stores around you, they are great. I also find a lot of stuff at TJ Maxx.

Costco has PGA Dri Fit shirts for $14.99. I have worn them a couple of rounds and washed them twice seem to be holding up great. (my nicer ones go to dry cleaners so these are saving me tons) They also have Nike ones for a little bit more. But they seem cheaper made to me.

Note: This thread is 3720 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!