IGNORED

To hybrid or not to hybrid....

Note: This thread is 5100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How did you hit all of those hybrids and manage to not hit the Cobra Bafflers? Those clubs, epecially the new models, are GREAT. Very consistent and easy to hit. Dont have to try to kill it, just swing easy and let the club head do the work. I also hit the TaylorMade Rescue (19 degree I think) at the shop the other day and was very pleased with that club.

What's in my TaylorMade stand bag:
taylormade.gifSuperfast TP 10.5° Matrix HD6 graphite stiff shaft
nike.gifSasQuatch 2 Steel #3 Wood: 15° Diamana SasQuatch Graphite
cobra.gifBaffler DWS Hybrid Utility Woods: 3/R 20°
cobra.gifS2 Forged irons 4-PW stiff flex steel shaftcleveland.gifCG15 satin chrome 48° gap wedge 8 bouncemizuno.gifMP T Series chrome 53° sand...cleveland.gifnike.gifbridgestone.giftaylormade.gif

TM 09 #4 rescue....awesome hybrid..

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

Got a 23º hybrid, goes maybe a bit farther than my 4 iron. Use it on shots between 4 iron and 5 wood and out of heavy rough. I don't like hitting the 3 iron at all, so I decided to get a hybrid instead.
Alternative is a 7 wood.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a Tour Edge hybrid (see signature). Only time I ever use it is out of the rough. Much prefer to use the 4 iron.

Tour Edge Exotics XCG-V 10.5*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-6 15*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-6 #4

Callaway Razr X Tour 5-AW
Nike VR Pro Forged Brushed Oxide 54-58
Yes! C-Groove Sally-12M Mid Counterbalance

Hybrids are great(i have 3, 3,4,and 5) for a high handicapper such as myself, I couldnt imagine hitting a 3 or 4 iron even from a perfect lie and making a good shot. Hybrids make it easier to get the ball in the air. To this day, my best shot ever has been with my 26 deg(5h). hit it to 3 feet on a 177 yard par 3 last year. I hit my 20 deg(3h) a lot, Ill use it on par 5's if i dont have a perfect lie because its easier to hit than my 3 wood and I dont sacrifice a lot of distance. The only thing about hybrids is that its harder to hit those low punch shots like to get under a tree limb because of the higher ball flight. Like many have said, go to a local store and try them all out and see what you like the best.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

My two Sumo2 hybrids are two of my favorite clubs.

I can hit three and four irons, but the failure rate w/ them is higher than w/ the hybrids, so I figured why wouldn't I choose to carry something that makes this game a bit easier?

I haven't looked back since.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Haven't played and new hybrids. Some of them look horrible at address. My brother has TM burner. Not the biggest fan of THAT one.... But dude, awesome avatar! mmmm Turkey.

I like whisk(e)y but only recently got into bourbon. Turkey 101 is favourite so far. Would quite like to try their Rye as well.

How did you hit all of those hybrids and manage to not hit the Cobra Bafflers? Those clubs, epecially the new models, are GREAT. Very consistent and easy to hit. Dont have to try to kill it, just swing easy and let the club head do the work. I also hit the TaylorMade Rescue (19 degree I think) at the shop the other day and was very pleased with that club.

They had a DWS (I think) but not in a stiff shaft. Didn't like the offset that much but would like to try the Baffler Pro.

One other thing about hybrids, what are the trajectories like? Would a typical 3h have a similar trajectory to a 3i or would the hybrid fly much higher? If the hybrid trajectories are higher than the corresponding iron, does anyone find that odd? Can you hit a low trajectory with a hybrid?

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

The hybrids usually fly higher, but I don't know why. Corresponding irons are perhaps less lofted. I'm sure you can hit a hybrid low with a decent swing. The launch angle is dictated by the effective loft of the club at impact. A club with 23º of loft is possible to hit low, you can of course look for shafts with lower trajectory.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

The hybrids usually fly higher, but I don't know why. Corresponding irons are perhaps less lofted. I'm sure you can hit a hybrid low with a decent swing. The launch angle is dictated by the effective loft of the club at impact. A club with 23º of loft is possible to hit low, you can of course look for shafts with lower trajectory.

Hybrids fly higher because the center of gravity is lower.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Hmm had a 3h Callaway hybred it was nice but not as nice as the feel from my iron with the same loft. I'll stick with 2 and 3 iron as long as I can. Lol I gave that hybred to my younger brother, he needs the help.

~It's the Indian not the Arrow ~

In my bag:
Driver: X460
3 Wood: WarbirdIrons: X18 Pros (3-PW)56 degree wedge: Oil can60 degree wedge: FeO2Putter: Desert Club: ISI 8 Iron~Still looking for a Straw hat~

I have last years Fybrids in 3 and 4. Hit the 3 on demo. Loved it. I still haven't hit my 4 hybrid yet. I don't do practice! If I had a second choice, it would be the Taylormade TP hybrids.

I guess I'm still old school. Tried dozens of hybrids and just can't hit them. My ball flight is already very high and the hybrids just balloon on me. I ended up sticking with my 3-iron and buying a Mizuno hi-fli 2-iron (that I absolutely love). And I can actually work the 2-iron nmore than I thought I would be able to do.

Note: This thread is 5100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!