IGNORED

Clubs for 2 1/2 year old, 37" tall

Note: This thread is 4110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

any ideas or recommendations for clubs for my son... he's 2 1/2 and 37" tall. Would like to buy him 3 clubs.

Is US Kids Golf the only option? all the other clubs are for 5 years and up.

I just bought 3 Tommy Armour clubs for my daughter at the local sporting goods, Sports Authority.

They have single clubs (putter, iron, wood) that you buy based on height. The website adds a utility club. They look to be descent quality. The putter has an insert. The grips are small for small hands. So far my daughter is having a blast with her clubs.

Nike makes some really solid junior clubs. I would recommend them over US Kids.

Edit: Sorry I didn't realize they were for 5 year olds, though it also says 50 in. or lower.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just bought 3 Tommy Armour clubs for my daughter at the local sporting goods, Sports Authority.

Thanks, but living in Canada might make it a little more difficult to get them here

Nike makes some really solid junior clubs. I would recommend them over US Kids.

Are you sure, it seems their clubs start at 5 years old... if they made something for his age, I'd buy them in a heartbeat

Are you sure, it seems their clubs start at 5 years old... if they made something for his age, I'd buy them in a heartbeat

Yeah you are right. But here are some Taylor Mades meant for kids 42-29 inches:

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...6/refScid/1040 That's a little closer. I am hesistant to recommend US Kids because as a kid I hated them. To me they were way to whippy and way to light. But they seem to be the only ones who make clubs for kids under 42 inches. They makes a series of clubs for kids who are 39 inches ( http://www.uskidsgolf.com/eng/catego...pment/ul39tall ), but then the next step up is 45 inches.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah you are right. But here are some Taylor Mades meant for kids 42-29 inches:

Thanks for the feedback, I've never been sold on US Kids golf. I might wait until next season when he will probably be big enough for the Nike or Callaway clubs.

Probably just buy the shortest and lightest putter I can find and cut it down for him

You should check out the Titleist MB irons, great for if he is interested in shaping the ball.

?? He's 2.5 years old, pretty sure shaping the ball is not too high on his priority list.

I'm just hoping I can get him swinging his own clubs

You should check out the Titleist MB irons, great for if he is interested in shaping the ball.

lmao,yeah rite i can see my 2 and half year old son hitting those draws when he wants too...lol

Walter Hagen (at one time sold by Dick's in the US) makes some for age 2 or 3-5 that I got for my son when he was 2. They don't have them on the site any more, but they're pretty much the same as these:

those look good, there's a Dick's not too far from the border... might check them out on my next trip to

Semiahmoo.

?? He's 2.5 years old, pretty sure shaping the ball is not too high on his priority list.

I guess saying the joke was going to be more effective than typing it. If he is so young, it will be hard to find a set short enough that is not plastic. If i were you, and had my mind set on getting some clubs that fit, i would by some second hand irons on eBay. Cut the shafts right down and use some very thin golf grips. You may well be unlikely to find any thin enough, so perhaps buy a golf grip or another general use grip (like a tennis grip) that you can wrap. I would have so much fun making them! Good luck anyway, let us know what you do.

I bought a wedge,hybrid,wood and a putter for my son when he was 2 and a half.Perfect size, they were for between 2 and 4 i think.They are called tour x and i bought them at golf mart as
individual clubs.He still hits them and boy what a pitcher of the ball.I never gave him instruction and he loves the game.Check out golf mart online i guess.

Here's some video of my son hitting wiffle balls at 21 months back in November. He has since gotten better in that he hits actual golf balls.

Here's some video of my son hitting wiffle balls at 21 months back in November. He has since gotten better in that he hits actual golf balls.

that is so cool... what brand of club is he hitting in the video. Looks like he will nicely grow into them over the next few months. That's exactly what I'm looking for

I got it from Roger Dunn Golf here in California. I've attached a link that allows you to purchase online. The one my son has is a PW size 0 for under 5 year olds.

Thanks a lot... out of curiosity, how long is the pitching wedge... they don't have the specs listed online. If I can't get them to deliver international, I might be able to match up to something else.

Note: This thread is 4110 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • PGA TOUR on Twitter: "Golf is merciless. 24-year-old Justin Warren misses a short putt in a sudden-death playoff at the @CudaChamp Monday Qualifier. The chase for his first PGA TOUR start continues. https://t.co/qJ89zr9CAH" / Twitter Man, that one hurts.   
    • @iacas do I need to do anything further to earn the breaking 80 badge. Thanks, Bob
    • Check them with a sharpie line test and see what your dynamic lie is with those clubs. Then you can decide if you want to adjust them flat or are happy with the ball flight from them.
    • My memories and reviews of the courses we played, finally: Sandbox 10 of 10 Just fun, 40 yards to 170, most under 100 yards, many options to play each hole, including putting, low lofted chip and run, to traditional pitches.  Highlights include 5 or 6 birdies the first two days, 1 over par on day 2 for total 52 strokes.  Also was the first to lose the “no sixes” challenge by going bunker to bunker on Hole 2 on the first day. Mammoth Dunes 8 Huge golf course, first fairway was over 100 yards wide, first green was probably 50 yards wide.  Maybe reading the Golf Club Atlas article helped me, but I was able to discern the major v-shaped ridge the course was built on and around.  Greens were generally pretty welcoming on many sides, in lots of areas a ball would funnel onto the putting surface.  However,  there were a few very deep greenside bunkers, in particular on the short 13th.  I enjoyed the course while playing fairly poorly.  Given the width of most fairways, I think additional rounds would lead a player to explore a variety of angles, there were a lot of ways to play most of the holes.  Or maybe the best way to play a hole would vary significantly depending on pin position.  I’d like to get a chance to figure it out a little more. Sand Valley 7.5 From satellite photos it would be hard to discern many differences between Sand Valley and Mammoth Dunes, but playing them becomes two very different experiences.  At Sand Valley the fairways seem a bit tighter, and the areas surround the greens generally funnel balls away from the green.  To me, this meant it played substantially tougher.  I also felt like there were more uphill walks, especially on the front 9, including several climbs to get from a green to the next tee.  Of course, that type of design tends to result in downhill tee shots, as was the case for almost every hole here.  A notable exception was Hole 7 (Dan’s favorite), which required a blind uphill drive to a “fade” fairway with sand on both sides beyond a certain distance.  Highlights for me were #1, with birdies both days, and #17 with two pars (driver on day 1, 3-wood on day 2).  Lowlights were some kind of high number on #2 (first day) after playing back and forth across the raised green a few times. All in all, I think I prefer Mammoth Dunes, but I’m glad we played Sand Valley twice. If I lived and played here regularly, I’d probably play Mammoth 6 times out of 10.  If I get back there, I’ll almost certainly play shorter tees than I did.    Lawsonia Links. 8.5 We went from modern courses designed by well-respected current designers to a 90-year old course, designed by well-respected designers of their time.  I really enjoyed the look of this course, its a style from a bygone era.  For the most part the course appears to follow the original terrain.  But the designers dug relatively linear bunkers and/or hollows, piling the excavated material to form linear mounds.  And they moved a lot of earth for at least a few of the greens, creating very steep drop-offs.  In many cases, the bunkers and mounds were well short of the greens, requiring a shot to carry the bunker or hollow, but not requiring the ball to carry all the way to the green.  This also confuses the depth perception at times, “just over the bunker” wasn’t anywhere close to being on the green.  Conditions were very good, the greens had plenty of contour, but never seemed to leave an “impossible to get close” putt.  Unlike the very tight turf at the Sand Valley courses, the turf here was a little more lush, so perfect contact on short game shots was a little less critical.  And there was rough, and beyond that some tall fescue, as opposed to the native sand at the previous courses.   The clubhouse and range and other facilities were pretty modest, but the staff were friendly and efficient.  Our foursome enjoyed the first few holes so well we decided that a second 18 was a great idea.  This is also where I had my best round, 76.  As much as I try to evaluate courses based on their merits, the quality of my play is bound to be at least a subconscious factor. Lac La Belle 7 This is a very recent rebuild on the site of a previous course.  From what I’ve read, there’s very little remaining from the old course, its been almost entirely redesigned.  Conditions were excellent, and the course is very pretty.  Its pretty demanding in places, with woods or creeks or bunkers on both sides of the fairway, and mostly slightly to significantly elevated greens.  Greens varied, some relatively small, others were huge and heavily contoured.  I thought in that on a few of the greens the slopes were too severe for the speed of the greens, but that was only a few.  The facilities were excellent, a good driving range, nice new clubhouse.  But the course just doesn’t stand out to me, its a good modern golf course.  And there are just a few goofy greens, 60 yards or more deep, really severe contours, its as if they’re done that way to inspire conversation, not to actually play. All in all, we played some really good golf courses, each and every one.  Of the 5 full-size courses, the ones I’d like to play most are Mammoth Dunes and Lawsonia Links. 
    • To me this is fairly simple geometry.  If you're set up right, your hips will turn around an inclined axis.  Imagine a hula hoop around your waist, tilted a little.  That means that in the backswing, your lead hip will move "around" that axis, away from the target, closer to the ball, and closer to the ground.  The trail hip does the opposite.  So your lead leg has to increase flex, your trail leg has to extend.  The opposite happens in the forward swing.   As to what feel will produce the most efficient movements, that's going to vary from person to person.  
  • Today's Birthdays

1. camerongautx
      camerongautx
      (30 years old)
    2. CyboNinja
      CyboNinja
      (40 years old)
    3. Hawk367
      Hawk367
      (54 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...