Sign in to follow this  
kevin.chan

What would you want to achive to complete your golf ?

Note: This thread is 3480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

31 posts / 9748 viewsLast Reply

1. Hole In One
2. Shot in the 60s
3. To play as many golf courses out there and in different continent.
So far just on Asia ( China / Malaysia / Thailand / Indonesia ) and US ( FtC / Loveland ) .

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Definitely number 2.
Number 1 has more to do with luck than anything, and number 3 is down to having enough time and money.

I've done No. 2 and No.3, having played in N. America, Asia, Europe, and Australia

So I guess that leaves No. 1, which I hope will happen someday :)

#2 definetly and #1 would be cool (but that one is mostly luck). #3 would be cool, but Id trade that for playing on a bunch of courses all over the U.S., Japan, Scotland and Ireland.

#1 I don't really care if I ever get one because it's basically a fluke - I'll take a boatload of tap-in 2s though

#2 I'd like to have a few dozen more rounds in the 70s first.

#3 I'd like to play more in general, but especially in BC, the maritime provinces, and hopefully Oregon.

In the circles that I tend to play in, most of us are mid 90 average scoring golfers. We have all flirted with and some of us have broken 90, but by and large we all generally shoot between 90-100. I want to be the guy that DOMINATES my group of golfers. I want to be the best golfer in my golf circle. I realize that as I improve, so to will the golf company that I keep. Don't get me wrong; I also want my friends to improve as well. However, I want to be the guy in our group that is capable of shooting 10 strokes better than they are.

This means I take all of the best shots that I hit on the range, and string them together for 18 holes on the course. This means that the chipping game that I seem to have no trouble with on the practice area translates to up and downs on the course. This means that Par is the target, not bogey. This means that birdies happen more often than double bogey's. This means that I want to be the best golfer that I am capable of being and when I reach that level, I look to the next level higher.

If I had to choose between the three of your selections, #2 would be more important than #1 (hole in one) or #3 (playing golf all around the world). I live in Chicago, and play golf in other states throughout the year (where ever my travels take me) and to be honest, Golf is golf, I enjoy the local municipal track as much as $$$ course that I get to play maybe once a year. Sure the Municipal isn't as well kept, and the pace tends to be significantly slower. But it is the round that I, along with my friends, can all afford, and the company that I surround myself with is far more important than the location by which we play.

I have literally done none of these. Biggest to me would be #2 like a lot of others. My main thing is that I want to be in the 70's day-in and day-out. I'm not too worried about a hole in one, I would actually rather have an albatross. Playing around the world isn't a big deal to me either.

I'd like to be good enough to compete in the Championship flights when I get in tournaments. Not just play in that flight, but compete and have a chance to win it on occasion.

I imagine that if I'm good enough to do that, then I'll have shot quite a few rounds in the 60's.

Just once, I'd like to get in a tournament and not have to worry if someone sandbagged their handicap or get screwed over because you have a great round on the first day (and get bumped a flight).

As far as travelling golf is concerned. I'd like to take golf trips to Scottsdale, Myrtle Beach, St. Andrews, Pebble, and Florida.

I've been fortunate enough to achieve 1 & 2, but there are a lot of golf courses I'd love to play in a lot of countries... If time and money weren't an object.

Of course, I'd love to make another ace and shoot in the 60s again, having done each only once.

Cheers,
DoctorK

Definitely shoot in the 60's or just break par. Any lucky Joe Hack can get a hole-in-one. My father-in-law is living proof of that. Very few people can break par.

Well I am attending the University of Delaware this coming fall, and I am going to play the club golf team (if they have one, the UDel website seems to say they do, I'll probably shoot the person who runs it an email), and my longer term goal would be to somehow make the varsity team. It's a loft goal, Delaware is D1, but we'll see.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!