IGNORED

Had a good round, and a bad one....

Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, I played 18 on Saturday and it was one of those rounds. I played pretty well and was striking the ball pretty well....

I ended up with 85, but could of broken 80, if it wasn't for my putting.

1st hole par 4. Second shot just missed the green and chipped it to 3 feet...missed the short putt and made bogey....1 shot lost

2nd hole par 5. Tee shot errant and in fairway to the right, hit a great 6 iron within 40 yards of the green, then pitched it within 3 feet, easy birdie putt missed, then MISSED my par putt and made bogey 2 shots lost

3rd hole par 3. Just off the green, chipped within 3 feet and missed the par putt AGAIN. another shot lost

8th hole par 4. tee shot drilled to within 50 yards, pitched and ended way at the back of the green, putted it bad, and came up short 10 feet, missed par putt....another shot lost.

12th par 4, big dog leg right, so hit 6 iron to set up perfect approach. PW in to the back of the green again, 30 foot putt, putted it within 4 feet, missed par putt, sigh, another shot lost.

That is 6 putts I SHOULD OF MADE and I would of broken 80 for the first time....everything was pretty good, except my putting....this makes me wanna go out again, knowing breaking 80 is around the corner, I love this game.

Good round, despite the putting woes! I know how you feel. I shot a 101 yesterday that felt like it should have been 20 strokes higher but COULD have been 10-15 strokes lower. I didn't hit ANYTHING well off the tee and was playing from really thick rough all morning. Add to that the fact that I ALSO missed a bunch of easy putts... and I just felt like I left a lot out on the course. But - I actually KIND of feel good about coming out with a 101 because of how poorly I drove the ball. I was in trouble off the tee nearly all day. I could have easily shot a 120 or worse.

Anyway... good shooting. Good luck next round!

CY
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just beat my best score by ten strokes today. First time I;ve played for score since I started taking lessons. I did some DUMBASS stuff, and had a few blowup holes, one was from skulling a pitch shot. Another was from having a high pitch up a big hill. I hit a nice wedge but had some backspin on it, it spun off the green and back down the hill about ten yards behind me..... Needless to say I got a little bitter....

Don't feel bad, I did the same thing Sunday. I shot a 79 but had 7 makeable putts that I missed. My ballstriking from tee to green was probably the best it has ever been and I just could not get the putts to fall. I had three lip outs and had four other barely miss, two of which stopped an inch short. It's frustrating, but at least I know what i need to work on.

This is what makes golf. So. Freaking. Hard.

When the putts are falling, the ball striking sucks. When the ball striking is kicking butt, the putts aren't falling. When you're making putts and hitting your irons well, your tee-shots and chips are bad.

Same with me as far as trying to break 80. I did it once last year and haven't been able to put it all together to do it again. I started a new regimen today where I'm going to spend an hour in the morning on the range, an hour on the putting green, and then play 9 holes. Then I'll probably eat some lunch and then spend an hour or so on the chipping green and then play another 9. Hopefully the extra practice starts to put me over-the-top.

I guess I currently have the luxury because I'm a high-school, homeschooled senior who is almost finished with my work. And I haven't started my job at said golf course yet because they don't need me until like the end of this month.

Note: This thread is 4102 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!