Sign in to follow this  
deronsizemore

Purhcase Tiger's Irons from his "Tiger Slam"

Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

24 posts / 9720 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

The item description says Tiger gave them to a close friend. Perhaps a lady friend?

I just can't imagine them being real. And really 250K from a seller who hasn't sold a thing since the summer of 09. I could see classic cameron or someone like that who is known for selling putters for 10K.

The item description says Tiger gave them to a close friend. Perhaps a lady friend?

Maybe he lost a bet during the Tiger Jam to Charles Barkley. LOL

Only way I see him "giving" them away is to his foundation so they could auction them off during the Tiger Jam.

I know someone over there in the same position this guy was in. (also claims to have worked on Tiger's clubs back then and is still with the company today) I will ask him tomorrow if he thinks this is true. (I am leaning towards it probably is but really impossible to prove unless Tiger confirms it)

I actually misread thread and thought Tiger JAM. LOL

BTW Phil is on his way to a real slam. Just like the Kentucky Derby winner you have to get that first one!! ;)

I actually find it entertaining just to refresh the page and watch the view counter continue to skyrocket lol

I don't believe it. They may have been "used by Tiger" but not as a gamer set. Somebody check the stats from the "Tiger Slam," was the 8-iron the only iron that he hit?

doubt they're real.

1.They are clearly real. Nothing at all would make you suspect otherwise.

2.He did give them away. 3.What has the $250,000 got to do with Tiger? It's the seller who's asking for it.

1.They are clearly real. Nothing at all would make you suspect otherwise.

I'll believe it when Tiger says so himself. The USA Today article w/the various comments lead me to believe otherwise. Based on the condition of the clubs, these may very well have belonged to Tiger but I'm guessing that they were a practice set and not his gamers. Until Tiger personally states otherwise, I'll remain skeptical.

Tiger just addressed this in his press conference... he confirmed they could ones that he used, but not for the Tiger Slam. He stated that those clubs are in his garage, and that he used 2 sets of irons during that time.

Tiger said during his interview today that he still has the irons from the Tiger Slam. They could be irons he used though.

LOL the guy pulled the listing!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!