IGNORED

BirdieBall???

Note: This thread is 1703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

7 hours ago, Patch said:

Just thought I would bump this thread up. I used these critters this morning.

I have had mine for well over 10 years, and none of them have cracked, or otherwise become useless.

I did check current prices, and they have gone up considerably since I purchased mine. 

Yep, tried to get some last year in the UK and they are as rare as rocking horse shit.

I generally use foam or airflow balls if im practicing in the field behind my house. I do have some 30% distance balls but they seem to fly way too far. Feel decent though.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have not tried the Birdie Balls, but I've used the Brush-t limited flight Qolf balls.  Unfortunately they are no longer available, but I did stock up on a box of 60 a few years ago.  I think the Almost Golf practice balls are similar.

I will scramble down the slope behind our house to the back of a school and hit 15 or so and then walk out, pick them up with a tube and hit them again.  I think they go a little father than 1/3 depending on the club.  Decent feedback but a lighter ball so not quite.  But you can move them which is nice, except when you weren't attempting to do so... lol.

John

Birdie Balls , decent. Fun to hit, and like to hear the "whirr" sound. You can also shape your shots easily and see feedback as the flight is a little slower and easier to discern. I also use them in various home made training aids by inserting a foam core and use them as slides up and down a shaft. (see my posts on "accoutraments" regarding "Hacker Whacker".). They will fly a bit further than you might think, but no damage should you hit an errant shot into neighbors yard or something. As far as napkin holders, I had not thought about that, but sure why not?

Edited by Hacker James

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

• 1 year later...

I am thinking of buying these ones!

haven’t anybody told you anything about hitting them on a park? Lol

i want to know the feedback you get and how can they improve my game since I am a beginner who still tops it and hits fat or really low and sliced shots! 

My son and I hit them frequently in the backyard.  You can tell when you slice or draw the ball. The severity of the slice or draw might be a little harder to discern than a real ball. Fat and thin shots are obvious. They make a cool sound when you hit them well. We made up some tees for hitting driver by cutting a rubber heater hose in half and sticking a tee through it. It works well enough, but the tees fly a long way so you have to track them down after each shot.

• Thumbs Up 1

War Eagle!

10 hours ago, The Flush said:

My son and I hit them frequently in the backyard.  You can tell when you slice or draw the ball. The severity of the slice or draw might be a little harder to discern than a real ball. Fat and thin shots are obvious. They make a cool sound when you hit them well. We made up some tees for hitting driver by cutting a rubber heater hose in half and sticking a tee through it. It works well enough, but the tees fly a long way so you have to track them down after each shot.

Thanks for the comment!

I have seen that some people say that drivers and woods would damage the balls, is that true?

Have you found any improvement of your game with them?

23 hours ago, Rodoalo said:

Thanks for the comment!

I have seen that some people say that drivers and woods would damage the balls, is that true?

Have you found any improvement of your game with them?

I have not noticed any real damage, although some are less round than they used to be. But we don't hit them much with driver or woods.

They are just an alternative to going to the driving range.  Hitting real balls is better, but Birdie Balls in the backyard can be more convenient. They won't improve your game any more or less than anything else. 

• Thumbs Up 1

War Eagle!

Thanks for your comment!

how do they work in the rough? I am anxious of receiving them! Will work with them a lot more since driving ranges are far from home.

On 8/16/2019 at 9:38 PM, The Flush said:

I have not noticed any real damage, although some are less round than they used to be. But we don't hit them much with driver or woods.

They are just an alternative to going to the driving range.  Hitting real balls is better, but Birdie Balls in the backyard can be more convenient. They won't improve your game any more or less than anything else. 

They work fine from the rough, although I usually don't hit much shorter than a 7 or 8 iron with them and usually from grass close to fairway length.  I still think they are best as a driving range alternative (not 100% substitute).  They can also be fun as a game amongst friends.

War Eagle!

Thanks for the feedback!

i thought of buying their foam tee and the striking pad but do not know if they are worth. I already have a callaway hitting mat which can be better than the pad. The tee would be good to practice with the driver.

I like the birdie balls. I put my grandson and granddaughter in the back yard, each with a fish landing net and they try to catch them as I hit them. Game for them and I don’t have to pick them up...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Osnola said:

I like the birdie balls. I put my grandson and granddaughter in the back yard, each with a fish landing net and they try to catch them as I hit them. Game for them and I don’t have to pick them up...

Nice! I ordered 20 of them, I am really looking forward to establishing my Driving Range with a bucket of 20 lol! Seriously, feels great people thought of these things for people who cannot make it frequently to a golf course

2 hours ago, Rodoalo said:

Nice! I ordered 20 of them, I am really looking forward to establishing my Driving Range with a bucket of 20 lol! Seriously, feels great people thought of these things for people who cannot make it frequently to a golf course

40 BirdieBalls and a mat so I didn't damage the grass at the park were my driving range forever! They're GREAT. I had their "tee" for a while.  Its' fine, but any time you would've nicked the tee, they thing flies 1/3 as far as the ball and you gotta run after it. I ended up just using one birdie ball to prop up another. The amount of tilt works fine with driver loft, especially if you tilt the "tee" birdieball a bit away from the target. You still sometimes hit the "tee" ball a ways, but then at least you don't have to chase it down after every shot.

I found they give nearly perfect feedback in terms of shape and trajectory when it's calm and once you've gotten used to them. You have to learn what info you get means when it's windy, and you pretty much have to hit directly into or with the wind or else it's impossible to really know how you hit the ball. And they're not that useful hitting any direction if the wind is howling. 

• Like 1

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

1 hour ago, mdl said:

40 BirdieBalls and a mat so I didn't damage the grass at the park were my driving range forever! They're GREAT. I had their "tee" for a while.  Its' fine, but any time you would've nicked the tee, they thing flies 1/3 as far as the ball and you gotta run after it. I ended up just using one birdie ball to prop up another. The amount of tilt works fine with driver loft, especially if you tilt the "tee" birdieball a bit away from the target. You still sometimes hit the "tee" ball a ways, but then at least you don't have to chase it down after every shot.

I found they give nearly perfect feedback in terms of shape and trajectory when it's calm and once you've gotten used to them. You have to learn what info you get means when it's windy, and you pretty much have to hit directly into or with the wind or else it's impossible to really know how you hit the ball. And they're not that useful hitting any direction if the wind is howling. 

Thanks for the response! I also thought of using another BB as tee, lol!

I want to know your personal experiences on whether this has improved your ball hitting and your performance on the course with real balls!

Moreover, if anyone has any strikepad review, I would be grateful to read it!

Note: This thread is 1703 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!