IGNORED

Another question -- yellow balls

RC
Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I clicked on this thread fearing it involved a medical question of a personal nature. What a relief!

Yellow makes sense, but white is so entrenched I can't see a major movement in another direction. Just ask Jerry Pate, whose orange Wilson ProStaff was all the rage when he won the first TPC played at TPC Sawgrass back in the day.

Sean

There already has been a yellow ball played on tour, maybe more than one.

Okay, just from memory: Wayne Levi, orange. First to win with an orange ball. Jerry Pate, also orange. Hale Irwin, Fuzzy Zoeller, and Tom Kite, yellow. Pretty sure at least one won with yellow, if not all. Those colored Wilson Pro Staffs were big on tour! I played yellow for a long time. Didn't like the orange, because they didn't seem to go as far.

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

Someone at the Zurich Classic was playing a yellow ball, but I didn't catch who it was.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's obviously a personal choice but everyone knows that people follow trends and if an increasing number of pro golfers started using yellow balls I can see how their use would become more mainstream. The science behind which color is easier to see also plays a big part in the acceptance and use of a specific color also.

Srixon claims that psychology is involved too. When you see yellow it's supposed to be make you more determined and focuses. This is like how a lot of college football teams paint the visitors locker room pink because it is a color that is supposed to calm people down.

R9 10.5 Aldila Voodo Stiff
S9-1 3W Stiff
Baffler 20 Degree
AP2 (3-PW) KBS Stiff
Vokey Design (52,56,60) Redwood

I don't think it will be a big movement, but I do think that some other top manufacturers will make a colored tour ball in the future. The yellow Srixons are easier to see in the air and on the ground. They absolutely glow. I find them easier to spot among yellow range balls that I do white balls also. They just stand out from everything else. I don't know about the psychology behind them, but I do like being able to see my drive in the rough from 50-100 yards away rather than 10 yards with a white ball...

In my Ozone stand bag:
Driver: 909 D2 9.5
3 Wood: MT-15
Irons: 1025-C 3-P
Gap: Spin Milled 52-06 Oil-CanSand: Spin Milled 56-08 RawLob: Spin Milled 60-13 Oil-CanPutter: AntiguaBall: Z-Star X

Note: This thread is 5101 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!