IGNORED

LPGA Player Erica Blasberg Found Dead at 25

atrapasuenos
Note: This thread is 4873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Erica was struggling on the LPGA tour. She was not even a member this year and played on exemptions. Her best finish is T8 in 6 years. Read the article below and you will understand her struggle. I think she (and others) put too much expectations on herself. I just wished she dealt with it better. RIP Erica.

http://culturemap.com/newsdetail/05-...arent-suicide/

Apparently her doctor is being accused (arrested?) of stealing evidence from the crime scene.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know of two cases of suicide where they had financial struggles from bad real estate investments, but the sad part about both these cases were that they both had two or more kids and in one case young kids. They must have been so depressed and despondent that they made up their minds that there was no other choice for themselves.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I know of two cases of suicide where they had financial struggles from bad real estate investments, but the sad part about both these cases were that they both had two or more kids and in one case young kids. They must have been so depressed and despondent that they made up their minds that there was no other choice for themselves.

Suicide is the coward's way out - especially if you have a family. My mom worked with a guy who told his whole family to be at the house around 3pm because he wanted to share something important with them. He doesn't show up and a couple hours later they get a call from the police saying he stepped in front of a train - how screwed up is that?

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

According to sources in a CBS report, a plastic garbage bag was found near her body. I'm not aware of any sources that said she used said bag to asphyxiate herself. I've been involved in my fair share of coroner's calls and death investigations over the years and while that manner of suicide is not unheard of, it's extremely uncommon. Considering that garbage bags were seized from Dr. Hess's home pursuant to a search warrant,

Wow, based on just what you've read in miscellaneous news reports you're able to discount the conclusion of numerous experienced paid professionals with direct access to all the evidence? Impressive....maybe millions and millions of tax dollars could be saved in the future by getting rid of the forensic analysts, detectivews, and coroner office and instead just give you a call after you've had a chance to watch TMZ and read a few press stories.

ever see House of Sand and Fog? what a horrible way to go...

When I heard that she committed suicide in that fashion I thought of that movie too. In 18 years of death investigations and coroner's calls, including plenty of suicides, I have yet to see anyone kill themself in this fashion.

My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

. . . the coward's way out . . .

Depression is a complex problem.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I've had two old friends commit suicide. It will be very painful for the family and friends for a long time. My thoughts are with them.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A decent, quirky guy in my major at Cal in the 80s was despondent over a breakup. He taped together a bunch or garbage bags, crawled in, taped it shut, filled it with nitrous oxide and killed himself. Sad.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Depression is a complex problem.

Agreed. Dismissing it as "the coward's way out" is a rather ignorant way to trivialize a very serious and complicated problem.

My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

Agreed. Dismissing it as "the coward's way out" is a rather ignorant way to trivialize a very serious and complicated problem.

Amen. I've known quite a few people to commit suicide. Usually they had some mental problem. It's a complex issue, not something you can just trivialize.

Amen. I've known quite a few people to commit suicide. Usually they had some mental problem. It's a complex issue, not something you can just trivialize.

I'm sure we all have coworkers, classmates, friends, and relatives who have experienced different levels of depression. Some people will find a way to end their life no matter what interventions are attempted. For some others, they are going though a particularly rough patch in their life and with support they come out of it stronger and never struggle with depression again.

A really close friend of mine recently had the rug pulled out from under him as his marriage fell apart - overnight. He told me that for the first month or so (I was unaware of his situation at that point) every time he saw a truck drive past his job site, he pondered stepping in front of it. If it wasn't for his children growing up without a father, he said he'd likely be dead now. That was very hard to hear, but it was better to hear it from him rather than reading about it in the newspaper. My point is, depression can happen to anyone, and to know this person the last thing you'd ever call him is "a coward".

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I had a good friend kill himself over a girl that left him. Saddest shit in the world.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Always tragic in any time, but particularly so when someone has a long life ahead of them. As others have pointed out, suicide isn't an act of cowardice. It isn't a decision than one arrives at after a logical evaluation of a problem or situation. It is not the result of rational thinking. Clinical depression has essentially nothing to do with the version of depression that all of us experience; it is a complex condition that combines biological, psychological, and social factors. The way it manifests itself in moods or behaviors that are similar to emotional moods felt by us all actually does a disservice in the treatment and understanding of the condition - we want to tell someone that it's not that bad so cheer up, or expect them to rationally sort through their feelings. It is almost unfortunate that the psychiatric community chose to name the condition this way and not come up with some long nasty-sounding latin term, as it leads to preventing everyone else not recognizing this for the serious disease that it is.

Note: This thread is 4873 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!