Sign in to follow this  
shortstop20

Hank Haney resigns as Tiger Woods swing coach

Note: This thread is 3425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

86 posts / 22261 viewsLast Reply

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

what is stack and tilt, I keep hearing that phrase.

I just read what it is. I have actually been doing this same stuff in my swing even before I have read the stack and tilt method. I always would try to keep most weight on my left foot because I felt I hit the ball better and could control it better that way and have been doing that for years.

Tiger will go solo for 2 years and fix it himself. He needs to stay over the ball and focus on impact. He will be in the top 10% in total driving...then his irons, short game, and putting will wreck shop. Haney totally f-uped his swing.

Tiger will dig it out of the dirt like Hogan did. His swing 10 years ago was the best ever....undeniable power and accuracy.......CRISP! He will find it again.

Tiger has walked the runway nude with his problems...his second chance has just started. The horse has been beat enough!

I think Tiger went with hank because of mark o meira, who is a close friend to tiger. Haney came along side mark o meira when mark first became a pro and was stuggling to stay pro. I guess Haney helped him to stay on tour and to actually start winning.

This should be interesting with Tiger and how his swing will change with his coach. Will it be Butch? It was a nice way to let Hank go if Tiger had a change of mind. What the real question would be is who is the next celebrity for Hank on his TV show?

More than I need to.

Not meaning to hijack here, but I see now why people from Colorado have such long driving averages - they be hitting off mountains.

I think Tiger should compile all Golf Digest instructional tips he's personally done (sure he did) and videos of his own swing when it was its most perfect (___insert swing version____) and then hire Cameron to create a virtual 3D uberhot alien chick as a coach / mentor. It could fill all his current needs.

so, do we think that tiger will pick up a new coach before the USOpen? or will he go solo for a while?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haney may have quit on his own. Not easy being associated with Tiger, especially with a shark feeding frenzy going on. Just about anyone known to be coaching Tiger will have to wall himself off. Not something you can do if you want to continue working with ordinary golfers. I can imagine a flock of reporters hanging around Hank Haney's golf facility, trying to sneak in or get in by signing up for lessons.

Steve Williams can handle the association. Nobody is going to get in his face, and besides, he can hide out in New Zealand.

Has anyone mentioned D & A? It's not only a matter of a disruption of Tiger's life. Indications were that back during the November incident, while he still had something of a homelife, Tiger was taking at least two prescription drugs in addition to drinking. It's hard to take mood affecting drugs routinely and analyze and rebuild your golf swing. If Tiger is not careful, in a dozen years he could pull a Michael Jackson. Their lives, thanks in part to us, have definite similarities. Oh, the sad life of a superstar.

My son played in a 2 day tournament this weekend, one of the players he was paired with is in the Sean Foley academy, one of Sean's assistants teaches him. Anyway...the buzz is that Sean will be Tiger's new coach.

I think Tiger should compile all Golf Digest instructional tips he's personally done (sure he did) and videos of his own swing when it was its most perfect (___insert swing version____) and then hire Cameron to create a virtual 3D uberhot alien chick as a coach / mentor. It could fill all his current needs.

Can we assume he took my advice? I'd cook up a cross between Lara Croft, Laura Diaz and Cristie Kerr - or one of the random hotties from Tiger Woods '09 for Wii.

I watched the press conference from Memorial earlier and it sounds like Tiger has no plans of getting a new coach immediately. Says he has replaced Haney with a video camara!

Yes...but Foley was wathcing him warm up yesterday. I think it will be half video camera - half Foley...with no official announcement in the next 6 months.

Note: This thread is 3425 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!