Sign in to follow this  
CarlSpackler

Driver Ball Flight Observation

Note: This thread is 3541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 posts / 1134 viewsLast Reply

I've been watching my ball flight from my driver over the last week or so and want to get some thoughts. My driver is TM R7 Dual 460 with 10.5* loft and a stiff shaft. I noticed the same effect with ProV1, Noodle, NXT Tour, etc. balls. The ball seems to take off with great trajectory and velocity. Typical flight is straight to slight fade. Perhaps it is my aging eyes, but it seems that my ball falls from the sky like a wounded duck after 200 yards for a typical drive of 225-235. I noticed this last night, even with a stiff breeze on down wind holes. Thoughts?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Sounds like a spin issue. I think too much spin causes the ball to balloon up. In your case, it may be too little. Spin causes lift so if it's dying out of the air, it may have too little spin.

Any other thoughts on this? I spoke with the pro at my course this afternoon, and she thought it could be a ball issue. I've noticed this with Pro-V1, NXT Tour and Noodle Long+Soft. She suggested trying Pro-V1 X.

Sounds like a spin issue. I think too much spin causes the ball to balloon up. In your case, it may be too little. Spin causes lift so if it's dying out of the air, it may have too little spin.

I was going to say too much spin. When you get a ballooning shot, it keeps climbing and then, like an airplane, stalls out and drops from the sky. Too little spin would make the ball look like a cannon shot. You may be getting too much of a downward strike at impact, maybe shallow out your approach and see if your ball flight changes.

As said be for sounds like a spin issue, try different tee heights, or swing a little easier, I know that if I go after it a little harder I get the same ball flight as you said..the easier the swing the longer it goes..!

Any other thoughts on this? I spoke with the pro at my course this afternoon, and she thought it could be a ball issue. I've noticed this with Pro-V1, NXT Tour and Noodle Long+Soft. She suggested trying Pro-V1 X.

the Pro-V1 X is a lower spinning ball as compared to the ones uve mentioned. so it shouldnt ballon as much and give a nice ball flight that doesnt drop like a bomb.

as the fellow with the green avatar said(sorry i couldnt figure out ure name=P) i agree. a shallower swing plane or swing path will give u better chance of not balloning the ball. i had the same issue had too much of a downward strike on the ball. its fine with the irons now but with the driver i had to get used to the idea of hitting p on the ball. i still make the mistake fro time to time,but my drives have gotten much better. went from push fades to slight draws and straight drives.

Note: This thread is 3541 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!