IGNORED

Why Would Anyone Want to Carry Their Bag?

colin007
Note: This thread is 5064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You sir are a moron. Its like saying why would you want to use a golf cart when you could be getting exercise. Totally pointless thread and you are being reported for trolling.

You sir don't have a clue what a troll is, apparently. If it wasn't a proper topic for discussion, the thread wouldn't have gone on for 20 pages because Erik would have closed or deleted it. If I were you I'd be careful or you may be the one being deleted.

Colin had a valid opinion, and although he has found quite a number of dissenters, it has still been a lively debate, and mostly civil until you showed up. You appear to be the only troll who felt he had to dive in with the name calling.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sir don't have a clue what a troll is, apparently. If it wasn't a proper topic for discussion, the thread wouldn't have gone on for 20 pages because Erik would have closed or deleted it. If I were you I'd be careful or you may be the one being deleted.

hey thanks fourputt :) i thought for the most part it was a good give a take with the opinions here, until that post.

Colin P.

The ideal would be to have a caddie carry your clubs, give you your distances and read your lines...but that's just not how it is...for me at least.

I'd like to use a push cart, but being 28 and in good health, I dont want to deal with the stares and comments of other golfers commenting on a young guy pushing instead of carrying. Also, ever pick someone to go play a round and they show up at your trunk with a bag and a push cart?

The most annoying thing about riding is the cart path only holes. If the ball is opposite the cart path, then I have to carry in my hand 3-4 clubs, and walk back anyway. Kinda defeats the purpose of a cart.

However, there are courses where a cart is almost required. Courses with vast elevation changes, or long distances between tee boxes. But usually, courses like this, the cart is included in the price of the green fee.

Bottom line, I'll save my $8 to ride a cart if possible and invest that money into another aspect of golf.

I love carrying my bag, I personally think i shoot better when i do carry instead of riding in the cart. I think it helps me stay loose and more intune with the course. My dad is 60 years old and still carries his bag when ever the course alows it.

Irons X-22 Tour irons 3-PW
Driver Superfast TP
Fairway Wood Burner 3W
wedge 50 degree
wedge GS-15 56 DegreeWedge 62 degreePutter ZebraBall TP LDP Red B330 tour

The most annoying thing about riding is the cart path only holes. If the ball is opposite the cart path, then I have to carry in my hand 3-4 clubs, and walk back anyway. Kinda defeats the purpose of a cart.

In that case, and in some others, carts actually slow down play.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

In that case, and in some others, carts actually slow down play.

concur. cart play is not any faster if not slower than walkers...

concur. cart play is not any faster if not slower than walkers...

I agree too, sometimes when i play courses that require a cart (beacuse of the distance between holes) I will unstrap my bag from the cart after i tee off and walk the rest of the hole. A ranger got on me once about it but i explained to him that walking was faster than riding but he told me to ride anyways.

Irons X-22 Tour irons 3-PW
Driver Superfast TP
Fairway Wood Burner 3W
wedge 50 degree
wedge GS-15 56 DegreeWedge 62 degreePutter ZebraBall TP LDP Red B330 tour

The ideal would be to have a caddie carry your clubs, give you your distances and read your lines...but that's just not how it is...for me at least.

Personally I don't want anyone reading my line but me. I'll listen to a suggestion, but in the end I'm the one hitting the putt or chip. I can only hit it with confidence if I've done my own analysis. Nobody else can tell me how to "feel" a putt. I also want to figure my own distances. Those tasks are all part of the enjoyment of the game for me.

For me all a caddy would be is a beast of burden.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I know this sounds cheap, but I just don't want to invest in a cart ...my neighbor (with whom I play alot) has a really nice cart he uses when we play (we always walk)......and the way I figure it, it builds up muscles in the legs carrying my bag...LOL

• 2 weeks later...
I always carry my bag - - and enjoy golf the most when I can walk and carry my bag. In general I'm a "minimalist" when it comes to golf. I always tried to keep my swing simple. And I'm happiest when I can simply hit my shot, pick up my bag, go find my ball, and then hit my next shot. No need to worry about any kind of cart.

I hate courses where the distance from one green to the next tee is so long that you have to rent a cart.

For me, a big part of golf is the nice walk outside - - carrying my "backpack". (And I'm over 50.) Much more relaxing and I really think it's when I play my best golf. This is the way I learned to play, and it's the way I enjoy it best. And I hope to be able to carry my bag for a loooong time to come. . .

Why would you not? I play in a foursome where the other three use those ClicGear pushcarts but never have I felt the need for one. Even if the course offers free riding carts or pushcarts I do not take advantage since I'd much rather walk and carry for my convenience.

« Keith »

It's carrying your own bag really about the freedom - no care about cart and buggy tracks just pick up your bag and head to your ball and have everything you need with you all the time. Anyway the pro's don't use carts or buggy's and if you ask me the caddy is really there to provide advice and assistance in order to increase speed of play for the crowd and cameras- the bag carrying bit is almost an extra.
Whats in my Twister V bag?
MP-630 fast-track 9.5 w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki S
909F3 15* w/ Titleist Aldila Voodoo FWS
909F3 18* w/ Titleist Aldila Voodoo FWS
MP-58 3-PW w/ Project X 6.0 MP T-10 Black Satin 52/07, 56/12 & 60/08 Newport 2.5 MS 34" B330-S balls

Because it's cold at 6:30 am some days & carrying keeps the blood moving.

I've got a better question for you. Why do men who are around the 400lb mark drive their fat arses around the course when it's they who could really use the exercise?

In general I'm a "minimalist" when it comes to golf.

Me too. No glove, minimal number of balls (~4), no pencil, no scorecard (iPod Touch), no ball marker (just use change), a couple of tees and a simple divot tool.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Don't feel the need to. In the short time I caddied, I just got used to carrying a bag. Plus, it's a good way to get exercise. :)

What's in my Tartan Precise TS-869 Bag:
Woods: Northwestern 1W, 3W, stock grip
Hybrids: 855 Graphite shaft 3H, 4H, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Irons: 855 R flex steel shaft 5-PW, Golf Pride Tour Wrap midsize grips
Wedges: PureSpin Tour Series Diamond Face 52* AW, 56* SW, 60* LW, Golf Pride...

I play bout 50 rounds per year with a sun mountain push cart and 50 when I carry. I prefer to carry as I find you don't have to walk as far (you can cut accross more stuff) and I tend to have all my clubs with me when I need them (like when you have a shot from the far side of the green, and you don't realize till you get there that it not the lie you thought or whatever)

Having said that in the rain and bad weather I love to push, I can carry way more stuff, have an umbrella built in etc.

The one thing I do hate to do is ride.

But each to there own.
Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Note: This thread is 5064 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!