IGNORED

Ruling: Ball hits ball washer??

martytilma
Note: This thread is 5066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

His friend was wrong. Contrary to popular belief, that is the true definition of "rub of the green". When a ball is deflected by an outside agency you play the ball as it lies unless relief is allowed under a rule because of the lie. Sometimes the ball bounces good, sometimes it bounces bad. The ruling is the same in any case.

So true! I sliced a ball over the OB stakes so viciously it bounced off the stucco on a house and back onto the fairway. Ball washer, house, beverage cart...play it down!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Well, there is the question of whether the ball washer was his caddie... in which case it's a penalty, whether his ball washing towel was wet or not.

RC

Dad's course in NC has power lines that come in to play off the tee on a hole, and local rule is replaying the shot without penalty. Ball washer? Sorry, no dice.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

You don't get a free pass for sucking.

HAHA, that should be everyone's first thought when they have a rules question.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!