Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi people

Im after some advice on putters please! Ive been through a million and one putters but cant find im comfortable with! I have a arced putting stroke so do i need a face balance or heel toe balanced? centre shafted or regular!

Heres a list of what ive tried so far!!

scotty cameron newport 1.5
odyssey 2 ball centre shafted
odyssey 2 ball blade
odyssey #9
ping in series anser v2
taylormade rossa monte carlo
odyssey #1
odyssey rossie

WOW i have tried a few!!

I also forgot to mention i tend to push putts slightly to right of hole so would i need an offset putter or non offset putter??

Thanks

I also forgot to mention i tend to push putts slightly to right of hole so would i need an offset putter or non offset putter??

how about fixing your stroke so you dont push...?

to answer your original question, you're thinking way too much into it. Putt with what feels good, stop thinking about "toe balanced" and "center shafted" blah blah. In 12 years of golfing, i didn't even know those kinds of things existed. I just try putters and whatever feels good, I go with.

Just grab a putter, buy it, and live with it. It's all in the mind believe me. I got my PING G5i online without even trying it once, and I fell in love with it. Great putter, great looking, great balance and weighting, great feel from the insert. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Forgot to say, I used to put like crap with it until I figured out it was me not the putter. I changed the way I grip it and my putting stroke and the results were amazing.

Not all but a lot putts pushed to the right are due to head motion while eyes are following the ball. If you miss putts you must first decide whether your ball rolled on the intended line. If You putt where you want the ball to go and miss the putt then it is a reading problem. Some get fooled because they putt the ball and it goes in the hole but not on the intended line. Seldom do you hear someone say that they made a putt solely by accident.

If you push an offset putter might give you that extra fraction of a second to square it up, then again in that second the putter could actually be opening. What kind of putter are you looking for (blade or mallet)? How much are you willing to pay?
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3989 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!