Sign in to follow this  
clearwaterms

What makes you leave the course happy (or angry)?

Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

44 posts / 3136 viewsLast Reply

If I hit the ball well I'm happy. If I hit the ball poorly, I'm frustrated. I don't think I get mad... just frustrated and motivated to come back and fix what was wrong :) I would rather have a good day of ball striking and a bad score than a bad day of ball striking and a good score.

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Good score + strong finish = Overjoyed

Ditto. I always remember how i played the last 2 or 3 holes, regardless of what my score was. I remember this one round where i played horrible, shot 86 or something, but i birdied the last hole and i had a strong par on the hole before. I was pretty happy when i walked off.

My enjoyment of a round has more to do with how much time is wasted on the course waiting due to slow players ahead of me than my actual score. Sure, I love shooting low, but I am content with a higher score that doesn't involve standing around with my thumb you know where. Oddly enough, my score tends to be lower when things are moving at a reasonable pace.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A score that will lower my handicap definitely makes me happy. Funny thing is when this happens. I start thinking about all the missed opportunities that could have made it even lower. Like that double bogies hole or that missed three foot putt. I quickly forget all that great shots that made the score low in the first place. Like draining a 30 foot putt or getting up and down out of the trap.

On the flip side, if I've consistently hit fat shots or a couple of shanks, I can leave really frustrated.

Ditto. I always remember how i played the last 2 or 3 holes, regardless of what my score was. I remember this one round where i played horrible, shot 86 or something, but i birdied the last hole and i had a strong par on the hole before. I was pretty happy when i walked off.

I have a selective memory. I mostly remember only the good finishes, not the bad ones. With one key exception.... what would have, and should have, been my best round ever was spoiled by a triple bogey on the 18th hole (I was 1 under par standing on the tee). That one finish is burned into my brain.... if that memory ever goes away, I will be in the advanced stages of Alzheimer's.

Otherwise, I just remember the times when I've made a birdie, or salvaged a miracle par on that hole.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3536 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!