IGNORED

What was your worst score through nine holes as a beginning golfer?

TheFisherman
Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

63/36 winter golf conditions. 55 in good conditions. Are you playing the recommended tees for your handicap via the scorecard?

Where is the 40+ tee box? Tee off, then no matter where it went, drop one at the 150?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Honestly my scores have dropped since moving to the back tee. I hit more fairways and am able to use my hybrid instead of a 5 iron so I hit gir more often.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I don't know my worst score for nine holes, I didn't really keep accurate score the first few months, but I remember there being lots of 8's and 9's

My first 18 hole tournament score was 125... after playing for 3 months or so... come a long way since then

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Shot 68 in the pouring rain,very angry frustrated,and soaked through despite having wet gear.Some greens the holes were under water.We had all paid up front in one of those sandwich,coffee,meal deals and I had driven 32 miles to the course.It did stop raining right around the turn and I shot 53 coming back,so 121 and that is the worst score I have shot.

My regular playing partner shot 153 on his first outing,but now shoots mid 80's,he has shot sub 80 in the past so I always remember that,good golf is possible for anyone.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

The first full 9 I played on a full size course I shot a 73 or a 75, can't quite remember. It was on a weekend away with a few mates and we decided to have a hit out at the local course, mine was either the best or second best score out of the lot and there were a few that had 80+. That was before I started playing golf but when I did I was regularly shooting over 120 for a full 18.

I don't remember what it was on a par 72 but on a 9-hole par 3 I shot a 50. For some reason I still am not able to do too well on those types of courses.

I shot a 60 last year on the back 9 after coming in on the front with a 41. Talk about a head scratcher. Almost quit that day.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

A few times ive done so bad that I quit keeping score, probably somewhere in the 60's, a good score for me now is keeping it in the 40's for 9. When i first started playing, I always scrambled with friends so i dont really know how bad I was doing then, just did that to play faster and keep moving and I remember not using very many of my shots back then, so who knows how bad i was then but within a few months I improved a lot. I played a lot more often then it seemed, didnt work as much overtime and played probably 4 times a week, now I go to the range a couple times during the week and play on the weekends mostly.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Where is the 40+ tee box? Tee off, then no matter where it went, drop one at the 150?

What do you mean? Many courses

here have as many as 6 tee boxes, but the local course norm here seems to be that for handicaps of 25-28+ they recommend the white(or second from front) tees right on the score card. A 40 hc certainly would be 28+. One place has it posted right on the wall as you exit the shop towards the first hole. Usually the green(front) are listed as "ladies". If one doesn't like the golf course recommendations, you could always read this: tee box selection strategy I only commented on the score card because I was tired of playing the blue and blacks with my buddies, which I was obviously not ready for, and since the golf course administration went to the trouble of suggesting I move up I took the advice.

Swing - Mulligan - Repeat

Not 100% sure of my worst 9 holes but it was in the 60s for sure...

I have also managed a 134 over 18 not that long ago.... We were playing in a gale at a sandbelt course down here and a few shots seemed to go backwards.... what makes it worse was I shot 1 birdie and 1 par so you can imagine what the other holes looked like!!!

"Let the bears pay the bear tax I pay the Homer tax!"

When I first started out, I hit a 53 on a par 30. I am better now luckily.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Do I win? I'm the "Curt" on the top. I was 4 years old at the time.

This scorecard is one of my most valued possessions, golf wise anyway...

Yonex Ezone Type 380 | Tour Edge Exotics CB Pro | Miura 1957 Irons | Yururi Wedges | Scotty Cameron Super Rat | TaylorMade Penta

Probably 60-70 on the front 9. At #1, took two swipes at the ball and missed completely with my beat-up, rented persimmon. Then got serious and brushed the top of the ball, which rolled 30-50' down the fairway. A 3 on the scorecard as I left the tee box. Putting was equally bad, 3-7 putts to get the ball into the hole.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Worst ever score recorded, at least as an adult, was a 60 on 9 holes. As a young child, I'm sure there were a few terrible rounds. Highest on 18 holes as an adult was 117 I believe.

Note: This thread is 3992 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!