IGNORED

What is this about?

jaj23
Note: This thread is 2173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played in a charity golf tournament this past weekend and won certificate for a hybrid club simply by hitting the ball onto the green of a Par 3 hole. The certificate is from Nizzard.com and the club is an SL-1000 Hybrid. There is a $29.95 shipping and handling fee. The certificate states the club has a $149 value, but I have my doubts. It seems like a promotional gimmick. I tried searching the web and there is literally nothing about this club. I personally don't think the club is worth the $29.95 shipping, but I'd like to know your thoughts.

Irons: MP 57 with Project X Rifle 6.0 shafts
Driver: Big Bertha 460 (9 degree loft) with UST ProForce 66g V2X Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.14, Spin Milled Black Nickel 60.07, Spin Milled Black Nickel 52.08 (next purchase)
Putter: White Hot XG #6
Ball: TP Red

Where I come from, if you win something, it's free. Charging exorbitant S&H; is a sign that it's a scam. Stay away.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I've played in charity scrambles in which I got a similar certificate in my "goodie" bag. It's the same concept as those ads in magazine years ago selling "$209" sungless for "free". All you had to do was pay a measly 30 bucks to ship them and you get free glasses. Sadly some people buy into these clubs and get whole sets at a time. If you want a club that performs like a $29.99 club just fill out the form and pay, you'll get what you pay for.

In my sack:

Driver: VR STR-8 Fit Tour 10.5 VooDoo stiff
3 wood: 909F2 13.5* stiff Diamana
Hybrid: Rescue 19* stiff3-6: MP 52 S3007-PW: MP 62 S300Wedges: 54-12, 58-8Putter: Newport 2 TeI3

Thanks for your replies. It's probably a club that has a unit cost of about $5 and costs them about $5 to ship. They are probably making $20 per 'free' club they 'give' away.

Wedges: Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.14, Spin Milled Black Nickel 60.07, Spin Milled Black Nickel 52.08 (next purchase)

I just emailed the company. I will post their reply here.

This was the reply:

I appologize if the charity misrepresented the hybrid. To answer your question, we do not make money on the club. We do however make money on the additional items advertised on the website that many of our customers order. If you choose not to redeem your hybrid out of principle, I can certainly understand as it appear that the charity did not inform you well on the offer.

...I did not fix the spelling.

I wonder if this is similar to the Warrior Golf scam that pops up time to time.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like how they tried to place the blame on the charity as if the charity was solely responsible for their shady marketing scam. Give me a break!!!

This is what my initial email stated:

I paid $5 at a local charity golf tournament for a chance to win a free SL-1000 hybrid. All I had to do was get the ball on the green on a Par 3 hole. I did that, and received a certificate for a free club, but in order to get the free club I have to pay $29.95 for shipping and handling!!! That shipping charge is way too high unless it is for next day shipping. I wouldn't be surprised if you are making money on these 'free' clubs. What is going on here? It seems very shady.

I "won" a "free" wedge just last week and I didn't even hit the green. Same deal, pay a bunch of S&H; and its yours. Went in the trash...

CARBITE Putter

Scam. It will only give you grief when you pay for it and then they harass you with junk mail and phone calls.

yeah... with spelling and diction that atrocious, it's incredibly hard to believe that is a reputable, legitimate company. it's probably some chinese company who employs 12 year olds and since it's coming from shanghai, or wherever, the shipping is expensive. in which case, they'd be going through a third party so it seems as though you're dealing with an american representative. at least, that's what i'd do if i wanted to scam people with cheap goods.

• 2 years later...

I played in a tourment on June 1st and order the Hybrid from Nizzards on the 3rd of June heard nothing from them for over three weeks I send a email and was informed that they were on back order and would be in about two weeks that was a month ago still no clubs and no reply to my emails. They were real fast charging my credit card though.

Nice to know considering this thread is over 2 yrs old.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

• 2 weeks later...

I also got the same info about these clubs. The shipping is so high because they use Fed Ex which aslo uses the US Postal Service to make the final delivery to your home. It took over a month to get anything out of them. My clubs were stolen so I used this as a chance to start building my set back. I ordered all 3 hybrids. After a month my order did not ship because they wre out of 5 hybrids. I told them to switch it to a 64 degree wedge. After another 2 weeks I got a 3 hybrid and the wedge. The 4 hybrid was on back order. They are decent enough clubs for the money. I was finally sent the tracking info for the last club and it has taken over a week and still no club. It took Fed Ex 5 days just to pick up the package. I will finnally get my last club on Monday. My orginal order date was 5/18/12. They billed my charge card 5/19/12. Almost 3 months. I will leet everyone know when this ordeal is over. If you want the clubs, as I said they are nice enough for the money but they are REALLY slow about getting them to you.

• 8 months later...

I would advise you all to not be so cynical and skeptical.  I was a bit skeptical in the beginning. But this is definitely not a "scam".  Not sure where you buy your clubs, maybe K-Mart or Walmart, but you won't find any club for under $30.  I usually only buy the best.  I have Taylormade woods (Rocketballz) and irons (Burner 2.0) all with graphite shafts and an Odessey putter.  But I gave it a shot and got two of these "free" Nizzard clubs, a 4-hybrid and a 5-hybrid, as well as a Warrior Golf 3-hybrid.  What the hey, it's worth a shot for $30.  I even paid an extra $15 to add the graphite shafts and I absolutely love all three.  In fact, I just used the 4-hyrid to birdie a 185 yard Par-3 in a tournament last Friday by hitting it 10 feet from the hole.  Yep, what a scam???!!!.  I also use the 3-hybrid for my second shot on almost every Par-5 I play because I hit it more consistently than my 3-wood and almost as far.  I usually end up well inside 150 yards with nothing more than an A-Wedge or a Sand Wedge for a third shot.  Yep, definitely a scam!!!  Such a scam that I have actually replaced my Taylormade Burner 2.0 3-iron, 4-iron and 5-iron with these "cheap" hybrids.  Yes, that means I replaced $180 clubs with $45 clubs.  Crazy, right.  Crazy like a fox.  So, if you don't want a few dirt-cheap hybrid clubs (with graphite shafts) that play just as well, if not better, than the more expensive ones, than pass on this offer and throw your certificates in the trash.  Better yet, do your friends a favor and give them away to someone who can use them.  In the end, it's not about the club in the golfer's hand, it about the golfer who has his hands on the club!!!!  And sorry to hear that some of you had to wait a whole month to get your "free" club after paying the huge sum of $29.95 for S&H.;  Golly gee, that's really horrible.  Brought tears to my eye just thinking about it.  Remember, good things are worth waiting for and $29.95 is not real money.  It cost more to play one round of golf.  You folks need to get a grip and a "reality check".

Looking forward to your next post.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!